woo hoo I'm through to the next stage!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by topsassyuk, Apr 6, 2005.

1. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

;D ;D ;D Ok so its only the telephone stage but i i am so happy. I had totally convinced myself they wouldnt like my cv and covering letter and so would be rejected immediately. Anyway just checked my emails and low and behold I had an email from Jason saying they are impressed with my qualifications and experince and would like to take my application to the next stage. You should see the smile across my face!

Won't hear anything from them til mid june now when they will contact me to arrange phone interview.

Anyway sorry for babbling on about something which to a lot of you must seem quite trivial now but I'm just so happy and don't think any of my family/friends would understand how i feel where as i know you all will!

Oh no now I wont be able to concentrate on doing any work tonight, maybe i will start on a bottle of wine!!!! :D

Jess x

2. Tinks

Tinks New Member

CONGRATS JESS!! June isn't that far away it will be here before you know it!!

3. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Thanks Kerry, hope you haven't given up yet?! Have you applied again?

Jess x

4. loops_li

loops_li New Member

Congratulations! I bet your still smiling and will be for a week
    I'm sure june will come around fast!

Lianne
    xxxx

5. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

I have plenty of work to do between now and june so dont really wanna wish the time away but I just feel so hopeless now, at least before i knew I had something to get out of bed for (checking post and emails) now i just got to wait. I also keep thinking its still February - i just dont know where the last 2 months have gone, so June seems longer away then what it actually is!!!

Jess x

6. Tinks

Tinks New Member

I haven't re-applied yet no, I'm going to wait unitll the middle of the summer. So I'm hoping it won't be to long to wait either!

7. Jjsweet1402

Jjsweet1402 New Member

CONGRATES for getting though i no the feeling just getting the phone interview is the most amazing thing ever.

i now have to wait a min of 3 and half years to apply again as i gotta do uni now seeing as i didn't get it for this year.

so fingures are crossed for you

8. Goldytap

Goldytap New Member

congrats, still havnt got round to sending in my cv and letter yet, should really start to do that, but college work comes first at the moment for me. Still, if you have to wait until June for phone interview, I have plenty of time to send it in anyway don't I?

Sarah :D

9. Gezitsme

Gezitsme New Member

Have you applied before then topsassyuk?

10. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

no this is first time, if i had known about the program 2 weeks before i did i would have sent my cv in time for feb interviews so i would have known by now if have job grrrrrrrrr. but nevermind i believe that things happen when they do for a reason!

Sarah i should send it off by May if i were you.

Jess x

11. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Hey Jess! Congrats on getting to the next stage! I know how exciting it is!!! I wish you all the best for your phone interview and nevermind about still thinking it is February, I sometimes have troubles thinking it is already 2005. I always have to double check when writing a date on something.

Julia

12. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

lol, i think its coz i dont want to believe how much little time i have before i have to hand in so much work!

Jess x

13. Anna

Anna New Member

Congrats Jess :D

It's a great feeling when you get the phone interview - just remember to smile when talking lol, its what I was advised by these good people on this site :)

Good luck

Anna xx

14. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Well done Jess! ;D That's great news for you- don't forget to let us know when it is! Definitely smile- somehow it shows in your voice! ;D
    Charlotte x

15. Chloe

Chloe New Member

Huge congrats :) It's an awesome feeling isn't it? It's good that you have so much preparation time for your phone interview- I sent in my CV on the Monday and had my phone interview on Wednesday lol

16. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

Crumbs, not long at all to prepare there chloe.

I have already gone over what i will say in my head so many times (these boards have been a great help to help you prepare for what they ask) ;D

cheers for all the congrats guys - i knew you would all understand how delighted i am unlike my friends and family who just dont seem to understand how much i want this! ::)

Jess x

17. helen

helen New Member

Hey Jess,

Well i guess you are will be chuffed then!!!!!

Well done ;D

If you have any questions about the telephone interview just ask ne problem.

Helen x ;D

18. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

hey jess,
    Well done - i no the exact smile u hav on your face lol!
    any questions jus ask any of us all on here!
    Good Luck (i no its ages but who cares)
    Kel xx ;D

19. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL Juts get used to your family and friends not understanding what you experience right now. It will be worse during your year! That's why we have the boards ;D
    Julia

20. Marie

Marie Guest

Congratulations Jess... im sure ur wait will be well worth it and this time next year you'll either be in florida or waiting to leave.
    xxx