Working at another Cruise Line

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Isolda, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Isolda

Isolda New Member

Has anyone work for any other cruise line, like Royal Caribbean???

Thanks

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I have a friend that is working for Norwegian Cruise Line and he is loving it!
    Another friend just went to start for them, too. I thought about applying, but then I got an offer at a hotel in Florida instead.
    Julia

3. goofy_grl

goofy_grl New Member

I just got hired with Norweigan Cruise Line as a Youth Counsellor. I heard it is a lot of fun- doesn't compare to Disney but I am still excited. Did your friend say anything specific about Norweigan?

4. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

Mt friend is currently working for P&O Cruises in the Med and says it is much better than how we had it on Disney. Easier and more relaxed! Don't think I could do another cruise line but I've heard some good stories about Norwegian Cruises Lines!

Dancing Queen..............how did you get your job in Florida??

Laura. ;D

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Well the one firend that ahs been with NCL for a while says he is working a lot but he's loving it. He is a server so he makes good cash. I haven't talked to him in a while to catch up though, it's hard when you are on different ends of the world and both have busy schedules. The other friend who just started said it's not what he expected it to be, just tons of work. I think once you've gotten used to that kind of work and long hours it's still so worth it. The experience is just amazing I think.

I got my job here through a recruitment agency in Maastricht, Holland. They are called HRC International and recruit people from the hospitality industry for special hotel internships in the States. So far it's been a really good experience, very different from Disney though. This is the real world now I guess!

Julia

6. Renatouk

Renatouk New Member

I worked for Carnival Cruises for nearly 3 years...hard work but worth it...it's such an experience, you make new friends and visit so many different countries..now my plan is join the Disney Cruise Line.

7. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I am going on vacation on a Carnival Cruise line in September lol I can't wait!!!! I think you will have no problem getting a job with DCL after 3 years of experience on a major cruise.

Julia

8. Renatouk

Renatouk New Member

Julia,

Where are you going to?? Do you Know which vessel?? I worked on the Liberty...Let me know if this is the ship you will be..I wanna go with you!!

Renato:)

9. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

My friend from Canada and I are planning to go on the 7 night one to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. It's a very popular one I think ( Carnival Cruise "Elation" ). We will not be able to go before September though. But I can't wait! I went on the DCL before for the 7 nights and it was the best vacation ever!!!!!
    The Liberty is too expensive for my budget lol

Julia