working in epcot?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by jenstar701, Feb 2, 2005.

1. jenstar701

jenstar701 New Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering if all the international college prog people work at EPCOT? Because I'm coming out to do merch on may 31st but no one's mentioned which park u work in. Cheers! jen x

2. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Was wondering the same thing Jen, as far as I can tell we could be at any of the parks.... i think! Maybe read somewhere that parks are allocated when we arrive? Perhaps someone from alumini could help?

Jo
    xx

3. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Hey if you are part of the international program you will be working in EPCOT in the pavillion where you are from and the job you are hired for (merch o F&B).
    If u are college program they will tell you where to work and what to do.
    See yya
    Carlos
    Mexico
    F&B 03-04

4. Jess MO

Jess MO New Member

Hi, well, answering to your question, yes, CP people can work at Epcot, I think they first ask you where you´d like to work at, but in the end you get located wherever they need people, I guess it´s kind of a matter of luck... anyway is worth the try...

Have a magical day guys,

Jess MO

5. jenstar701

jenstar701 New Member

Thanks guys! ooo, i don't know which park i wud most like to work in - any will do come to think of it! Uni exams really make me wish i was in florida right now! jen x

6. Marie

Marie Guest

My friend who did college program was in magic kingdom - dunno what his job was called he said he had to walk around all day.

Marie
    xxx

7. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

I was told that you can be in any park or resort or water park or even downtown disney (and even the parking lot :-X) on the college program!

8)

8. Doc

Doc New Member

No guys - if you're on the International Program you will definately be in Epcot - it's a condition of your visa to be working as a cultural representitive, and so you must, and will, work in your native pavillion. It will be in breach of your visa to work anywhere else - unless it's an emergency. For example - after Hurricane Charley we had to help with the clean up which involved working outside the pavillion. The College Program is different - there, you could work in any park in any department. If you're going there for a year though - on the International Program, you will be in Epcot, in either F&B or Merch. It is very strict, so don't worry - you won't even be given the choice - your managers all know the rules. Like I said the CP is different - in this program you go out for a semester and can be anywhere - hope this helps! Enjoy Epcot ;)

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If you are on the INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE program...not just the international program...you can work anywhere on property because I think you are on a different kind of visa. If you were working in EPCOT you'd know by now. I remember going to the Grand Floridian and the girl at the ice cream place was from Scotland and on the International CP.

Shan