Worried about what they are going to ask!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by jenzy77, Nov 15, 2004.

1. jenzy77

jenzy77 New Member

:) hey all.
    I have had my telephone interveiw - passed that - and now on thursday heading to Glasgow for the final interveiw and im so nervous.
    On the phone i was asked questions about my home town and my country (scotland) and now i dont know if they are goin to ask me the same questions again or if they are going to ask me questions like a normal interveiw. And really wondering if they will randomly ask off the mark questions all about Disney as the company(e.g when it started)
    Please help me as i have 3 days till the interveiw!!!!!
    Jen :-\
    xxx

2. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

Hey Jen

firstly, calm down.... theres nothing, absolutely nothing to worry about. When i had my phone interview they asked me the same stuff as they did during your interview. and i was so nervous about the face to face one... and they were so nice, so friendly, so disney during my interview in Munich...
    first of all, they had something like an assembly in school at the beginning of the day. there we were asked something like: how many theme parks has disneyworld orlando got?? whats the name of the cruise line ("magic") etc. there you had the possibility to raise your hand and try to answer these questions. if you were right you got a little give-away or present (Pin)... thus, dont worry about that part if the interview. and dont worry about the second part either.. at the face to face a was asked questions like: why do you wanna work at at Epcot, what are your hobbies, what kind os gift would you by for s.o. yove never met before (like for s.o. youre gonna meet at the Commons...).  i must confess, the moment i went into the room, i stopped shaking i was more than relaxed, cos' from that moment and on you just feel like your going home...

honestly, all you can do is reading some www pages about disney, to get to know sth. about the company and simply be yourself at the face to face interview.

youre gonna do great, im sure...
    even ive made it!!!!

by the way, when do you wanna leave for disney?? next year???

later! and Good Luck ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D jessy xxx.

3. jenzy77

jenzy77 New Member

Thank you for that! its made me feel abit calmer!
    it would be to leave for Disney in June 2005!
    well done to you! Just not as good coz ill only be 19yrs old! but im sure i have fun all the same!
    ill let u know how it goes!!!
    thanks again!
    xxxJENxxx :D

4. SinaHamburg

SinaHamburg New Member

hey jen!
    yep, jessy is right, dont worry about the interview! the recruiters are soo nice and soo relaxed!
    just smile and be yourself and its gonna be all good :)!
    im leavin on june 21st 2005 and im gonna turn 21 over there so... the first 6 months i gotta be careful with alcohol as well...we´ll party any way, right?! ;D
    hope to see you there & good luck for your interview!!
    ~sina

5. jenzy77

jenzy77 New Member

kool, just to check. so they do or dont ask about your country and home town again in the face to face?
    xxxxx

6. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

some of us were asked about our home towns, sights there etc....
    so im not sure about that..
    just be prepared

jess xxx.

7. Jess MO

Jess MO New Member

Hey guys!

Actually I´m just back from my program, and since I´ve been there done that I think I can give you a little advice, they can ask you about your country again, about your culture, but most of all, questions like why do you want to work at Disney, how would you deal living with 6 or 8 people, or they can just say "ok, so tell me about you...", but whatever the questios are, remember to be relaxed, well dressed, smile, show enthusiasm, be friendly, and you´ll see is piece of cake.

Well, I hope those tips were useful, and good luck to you all...you´ll see that this is the most wonderful experience ever!!!!

Have a disney day!

Jess

8. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey,

I had my interview last friday in london and what these guys have said about theire interview in germany is pretty much how ours went! Think we all pretty much got asked what our home town in famous for, why we wanted to do the programme, why they should hire us etc. They also asked about our previous jobs and I just waffled on about what Id learnt in them and how this would be of great value to me at disney.

The presentation youll see first is amazing - you will want the job so much!

The recruiters are Julie and Dru who are both lovely and Jason and Alexis frmo Yummy Jobs will be there too to help you complete your forms if you have any questions!!

All i can say is that youll really enjoy the day! Of course youll be nervous but thats okay - theyll expect that!!!

Theres a girl on here - Donna whos interviewing in Glasgow too, maybe the two of you can arrange to meet up as a bit of moral support for each other!!!

Good luck - hopefully, we'll meet out in disney next year!!!

Michelle xx