Worst part of the program......

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Nio, Mar 11, 2006.

?

Out of the following options, what in your opinion was the worst part of the International Program?

1. The Managers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tuesday and Friday mornings

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. International / College Program Transportation

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Having to leave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Length of contract

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nio

Nio New Member

;D I'm bored, thought I'd post a poll..... ???

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

lol i can't believe you made a choice between having to leave and all these other things and even more that someone would choose transportation over having to leave haha

all of this was bad stuff, but having to leave ripped my heart out, so here is no comparison

julia

3. HiddenMickeyLover

HiddenMickeyLover New Member

Okay babe, I accidentally voted length of contract but I guess it's an okay vote b/c if my contract was longer I wouldn't have to leave. I wish my contract could've been for 20 years!!!!

4. Ona

Ona Member

Definately having to come home. :'(

During leaving speeches people talk about the bad times, the good times etc. but at mine I had to admit (through raging :'( ::) ;D ) that I hadn't actually had any bad times in my whole 13 months.

I may not live there any longer but my heart (and alas, also my head) will always be in WDW.

Where was that topic about the WDWIP screwing your head up? Lol. ;D

Ona x

5. moleman

moleman New Member

The worst is leavin and it sucks they make dreams and break them to when u gotta leave i wouldhave stay forever.

6. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

"tuesday and friday mornings"

whats so special about these mornings?

7. adjonline

adjonline New Member

The morning after free cast PI

8. jimdee

jimdee New Member

Of course the worst thing was having to leave... but if i had a 2nd choice it would definately be the transportation. It wasnt so much that the buses were late or anything it was just the state of the buses themselves. Most of the dynamic buses were death traps and a tradegy waiting to happen... i dont know what its like now tho as i hear disney now use a different company but dynamic buses used to break down quite regularly. I remember one bus blowing up in the commons, luckily no one was hurt. :eek:

Not only were the dynamic buses dangerous but they were truly disgusting, a number of them were infested with cockroaches. I remember seeing loads of cockroaches scurrying around all over the floor at night times and also them climbing all over the seats. Makes me skin crawl!

Also does anyone remember the stench that used to come from the unused toilets at the back of some of the dynamic buses? Imagine all the stuff that the body excretes all mixed together!!! Gross!!

I was disgusted with the way disney treated us in terms of transportation to work... Hopefully this is no longer the case.

9. Ambergirl

Ambergirl New Member

I have pictures of that Dynamic bus that went ka-plooie in the Commons! It was after the fire was put out and it was all blacked with the windows smashed in and firefighters around it! It was the WalMart bus(Bus'H')! That was an exciting day!

But yes the buses were gross with they're urine encrsuted smells and cochroches! But they switched companies hunh?! That's great! I heard they wanted them to be all more like city buses and less like 'greyhound' buses.

Oh! And I picked leaving too! Next saturday marks my year home *sniff* Will have to drink like it was a another monday night in the commons though! Of course length of contract too, I wished it had been for longer......

Oh and mildly annoying were the apt inspections, and the people who got term'd from things found.......

10. brennan0720

brennan0720 New Member

what kind of things were found that people got terminated for... alchol... anything else?

11. yeah...that freaks me out...the inspections I mean. Not that I'll have anything but if a room mate does and it gets ME in trouble...yikes!

12. jimdee

jimdee New Member

Didnt Jeremiah the Canadian get terminated for having a bee-bee gun in his appt?! :eek:

13. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

and ....
    Monday mornings after HoB
    Thursday mornings after going to Chillers...
    Wednesday mornings after Jellyrolls (now THAT was one of the worst things about leaving the program!)

hehe ;)

14. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Wow seems like a lot of stuff has changed. Our busses weren't great and always crowded, but at least they weren't smelling bad or had cockroaches ( or maybe I don't remember ) and we never had anyone inspecting our apt.! Actually when I moved in our apt. had just been crowned as the cleanest one in the Commons! woohoo lol
    I didn't have any bad times either during my year, it was the happiest I had ever been in my life! And leaving this dreamworld definitely breaks your heart!

Julia

15. Ambergirl

Ambergirl New Member

Oh Jeremiah! That boy was so much fun it was a sad day when he left! And term'd the day before he started service too!
    The story I heard was that it wasn't a beebee gun, or alcohol. Something to do with Safety Meetings. *grin* ;) Of course I could be mistaken!

But I'm sure a beebee gun would get you term'd and there was that story before my year that some people got term'd for having a mickey mouse strung up by his neck in their washroom.

16. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

apartment inspections :mad:

my mate got termed for having rolling tobacco and papers in his apt.Classed as drug paraphanelia,but sadly, he only smoked roll ups.

defo monday mornings.they should have been abolished.House of Blues followed by 12 hour shift on Monday.Sweet

17. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

What about none of the above? I'd personally have to say it's the WDWIP B.S.... like the constantly strain that we're all adults living on our own, but you have the most minor tiff with your roommate and they treat you like children! I have too many examples to give..believe me.

But I voted for 'Managers"...if any of you remember one of posts before...getting terminated for spraining an ankle!!!?? WTF? Thank god for George Kalogridis, who reversed that decision..he was definitely on of the BEST parts of the program!

18. CoolCanuck39

CoolCanuck39 New Member

You seem to have forgotten the job itself! I unlike a lot of people was quite happy to come home (altho I did have to leave Sara and friends behind) but being in that cave for hours on end was the worst part of the program!

Oh that and stupid international roomates who would decide 3 am was a good time to have a party! Arghhhhh!

19. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

i definatly vote having to leave,
    i got home one week ago and woudl do anything to be back there .. now
    not that home sucks, just that not being there sucks more .. and nothing will ever be like it was.

it was strange not being hung over this morning .... first tuesday in a long LONG time haha
    -joss