Your Stories

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Sharkie, May 12, 2006.

1. Sharkie

Sharkie New Member

Hello WDWCP Alum:

I am requesting your help. I have currently completed a three year research process of the Disney College Program for a book about the the unique program. The book is completed and will be sent off to the publisher next week. The stories are endless, but I would like to hear your stories that could help "fine-tune" the book. You may receive book credit if disired, or remain anonymous and your request will be respected. I am looking for the most outrageous and funniest tales of from your program adventures. The following areas include:

Finding out about the program
    Preparing for the program
    Checking-In
    Working (Magical Moments, Termination, Guest Interactions, Holidays)
    Living (Roommates, Parties, Sex (on the clean side), Busses, Recreation)
    Off-Property (Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Wendy's, Beaches, Clubs, Theme Parks)
    Checking-Out (The last days, returning home, going back, effects on you)

Any unique photos that hel characterize the program...

You may email me the stories to: wjones2@usfca.edu OR, just simply post them here. After next week, I will not be accepting any more submissions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking. I look forward to including all of your unique program adventures. Many thanks!

2. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Hmmmmm...Most of us are pretty loyal to WDWIP, and we took the bad with the good. There's something special amongst alumni...a special bond... in a 'tell all' book, it seems like we'd be breaking some sort of sacred trust. I mean, there's sharing stories here amongst ourselves, and then there's spilling our guts in a book. It's just not comparable.

I'll pass. I expect this is an 'unauthorized' release? I also hope you didn't abuse this site..our trust in fellow castmember, to get fuel for such a book?

Sorry, but honestly, this all sounds too suspicious if you ask me, especially since you've made the exact same post on one forum, just in different sub-categories. Again, sorry if I sound skeptical and suspicious, but there are lots of people out there to 'get the mouse' and somehow prove that WDW is all a big conspiracy, so you just can't trust anyone who asks for the juicy details.

3. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

Ill take my story off then im sorry :( he he

4. Ona

Ona Member

Hmm... I'm afraid I'm agreeing with SarahJane on this. I have the feeling many alumni feel similarly (i'm basing that assumption on the distinct lack of replies to this thread or indeed the others).

If it is a genuine book for alumni, by alumni, then by all means, I'm pretty sure it would be a fab and totally hilarious read. But I am wary of the small but significant, Disney-bashing camp within many media and internet circles. WDWIP or CP stories (particularly any similar to those which have been descibed here) could potentially be a complete feeding frenzy for those folks.

Most alumni have a special conection with Disney (and many will always see themselves as Cms) and hence, I fear it unlikely that too many folks will be willing to share any info. which has the potential to be used to the detrement of the company's reputation. :-\

JMHO :-\

Ona x

5. Robb

Robb New Member

Hi there,

I have to agree with SarahJane and Ona as well. Not so mush for the alumni pack thingy, which I can see totally, but for the fact that we all signed confidentiality agreements forbidding us to publish any info about the program. A breech of contract with Disney is taken very seriously (I believe it can come witha fine of up to $2M).... if someone was allowed to publish a book about the CP and IP, trust me, it would have been done long ago.

Me? I don't have $2M

Rob

6. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Hi all...I guess the 'mushy' part did come across as too mushy...I still can't think of the word I'm looking for...I wasn't trying to sound sappy - just that there IS a bit of a trust that we all expect from each other.

But that's neither here nor there...my point was understood. Thanks Robb and Ona!

7. Linda-bo-binda

Linda-bo-binda New Member

Yeah, I'm hesitant too. I have so many great stories but I think they're best shared with other ex-IPers. I can talk to "muggles" for hours about the job and especially the Commons (It's hard to get me to shut up sometimes!) but it's impossible for anybody to fully understand unless they've been through it. The Disney Bubble is a whole other planet and a break with reality: there are different rules, different taboos, different standards of what is "normal". You form friendships and relationships with people that might not "fit in" with your life at home and all at twice the speed and twice the intensity (and twice the scandal, I might add). I seriously doubt that a book by an outsider could do justice to the experience.

For example, the streaking story means much more if you've sung "Time of Your Life" at the end of your contract and if you've ridden with those weirdo Dynamic drivers and if you know how much there is to lose when security catches you, especially being underage and drunk.

Although... I always imagined the IP experience as a reality show without the cameras. Disney would never allow it for OBVIOUS reasons but it would make great TV. Imagine, "The Real World: Lake Buena Vista"! Then again, there are some things the public is better off not seeing!

8. Jofunny

Jofunny New Member

get a grip u miserable fuckers

Ona when u get there youll find ur views will change everybody has this kinda fun apart from bores, ona youll probably work every hour and be the geek that neva had fun

I had fun so i cudnt care less

9. Elena123

Elena123 New Member

Hi!
    Just wanted to say that we all have different memories and anecdotes , and we have different ways of having fun, so we definitely don't have "the same kind of fun". And please respect people with a sense of responsibility who don't think fun is being drunk and doing stupid things...
    I agree with you guys ...why ruin the magic by publishing a book that tells it all...it's better to live the dream!
    ;)

10. Ona

Ona Member

Must admit, that had crossed my mind too. :-\ ;D

Lol sarahJane. ;D I guess it's just a sort of mutual understanding. :)

Hmmm...nice. I am actually an alumni myself.

Hmmm... well ok then. Absolutely everything is fine.....so long as you have fun.

Ona x

11. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

BAHAHAH!! @ Ona!! I was thinking the same thing!! "Um, wasn't Ona already there?" I had to scroll up and double check, and yup, you were there!! LOL!!

Weird...who's this character anyways? Jofunny are you really an alumni....? :p

12. monkian

monkian New Member

erm...i haven't been there yet ...but i am tottaly with ona and sarahjane on this...i guess ona already knows im a certified disney dork! but still....come on.... trust me i have been known to drink...like the proverbial fish i guess...but never in a "you should have seen..." kinda way...that is just kinda...well.... sad...and there are so many amazing things in disney...i don't wanna spend any days with a hangover when i could be on splash mountain or ToT ....WOOHOO.....maybe i'm just showing my age.

plus i realy don't wanna embarass myself...not with my tartan pride...hahaha

13. Elena123

Elena123 New Member

I think this girl Jofunny is doing the same thing on the applicants forum ... Who knows why?
    I don't think she's THAT funny anyways...LOL! :D

14. glasgow paws

glasgow paws New Member

when did we sign a confidentialy agreement ? ???

was it during traditions ? if so, then i won't remember, as i fell asleep on purpose to avoid being brainwashed or "reprogrammed" .

anyway, i'll spill the beans on disney, $2 million is but a drop in the ocean for high flyers like myself ;)

paul