Yummy Jobs Medical Insurance

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Birdman22, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

Here guys for the whole year with the link on the yummy jobs page you can get it for $280 which is only £160 !! That is really cheap for the whole year.
    Has anybody else just ordered it from the yummy jobs wesite?
    Ian

2. littlemissdisney

littlemissdisney New Member

Hi Ian,

I haven't had my info pack through yet but I think I will just order mine for the whole year before I go rather than the 4 months option. The main bonus is that you have one less thing coming out of your paycheck each week! At least it gets that payment out of the way and done with!

from Beth
    xxxx

3. chezza

chezza New Member

i have been looking for a cheap medical insuarance (cack spelling) and didnt know yummy did one, thing is i am only going for 3 months?

4. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Yummy will send you a link to the company website thing that they got a deal with.

For three months i think it was only about £70 or maybe less, i'd have to look up the receipt email they sent but its really cheap and covers the same things as the other one they recommend does.

Means you spend less over here and more over there on things you really want

Mhairi

5. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

yeh but this £160 is for the whole year not just the 4 months, a great buy through yummyjobs.com web site

6. slightlymazmad

slightlymazmad New Member

Great value if your there for the year or just three months :)

Mhairi

7. Tink_bell

Tink_bell Member

Seeing as we only need the first four months of the year we are there, i have worked it out to be about £60. Have not got mine yet but will be soon!!

8. stu1901

stu1901 Guest

what other insurence do we need on top of medical?
    travel insurence?

whats the cheapest place for that?

9. Bun6286

Bun6286 New Member

I am not sure whether to get travel insurance?? I got the medical insurance through yummy, was a bit shocked that it was only a printed page. Was anybody else? Or am i the only idiot out there???? :-[

10. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

I got mines for the whole year through Yummy, saves somthing else bein taken out my wage every weeks after 4 months.
    Yeah it is only the one printed page you get so don't loose it lol

Travel insurance you don't need, You would only need it for the day of travel to America, I don't have any and won't be buying any, but hey up2 u.

Ian

11. hannahike

hannahike New Member

the insurance on Yummy.com covers baggage as well as medical but not flight.

12. Bun6286

Bun6286 New Member

Do we need flight insurance? that's alright as long as my bags are covered!! lol :p

13. Birdman22

Birdman22 New Member

No you don't need it, up2 u if u risk not taking it.

14. doowop

doowop New Member

Im worried about my baggage too but it even though its prob really cheap its another thing to pay for il prob get the four month one.. if its about 70 for four months then the disney one is gonna cost at most $10 a month which isnt that much!

15. hannahike

hannahike New Member

Did u pay with a Visa.... cus i payed for mine with my mums visa and she said that with natwest my flight will already be covered.

16. Bun6286

Bun6286 New Member

yeah i used a visa, but i dont think that i am covered.

17. gemmalou

gemmalou New Member

Just thought Id bump up this post for anyone looking to sort out their medical insurance. I go in 3 weeks and havent got mine yet- am I leaving it too late? I had a look at that Yummy jobs link but got a bit confused by it- its very badly designed!!

Can anyone whos gone/ whos got their medical insurance sorted give me a little step by step of what I need to do?

Im beginning to panic a bit about it- I dont want to get the wrong thing! Also, does anyone know if we only get the 4 months requried how much disney then takwe out of our pay packets to cover continuing insurance??

Thanks! :-\

Gem
    x0x

18. CPB

CPB New Member

Hi Gem,

As you are working for HRC (A Participant), you will not be eligible for Health Insurance through Disney. I'm not exactly sure what way the Health Insurance works for IP's at HRC, so you might want to email HRC and ask them.

CPB

19. Ona

Ona Member

BIRDY! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hows you? Let me know when you guys are free. So need to meet up soon. So random to see you back here on the good ole boards. ;D

Ona x

20. JamesE

JamesE New Member

Hey all,

Can anyone put any truth to this??

The Yummy Jobs medical insurance - there is a $500 excess fee. i have heard that if, god forbid, i was to hurt myself and went to the hospital, that i would not be given a total bill. instead a separate bill for each say - the stay $300, food - $70, pills - $450 and so on. so this would mean they are separate bills and you do not go over the $500 excess. thus a get out clause for the medical insurance.

I heard this from a friend who has done the Int prog. I hope this isnt true but has anyone heard of this?

Thanks ;D Jx ;D