Yummy Social

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by charlottelesley92, Aug 11, 2013.

1. charlottelesley92

charlottelesley92 New Member

Hi everyone! :)
    I'm currently applying from UK for the J-1 Cultural Exchange Program!

I'm going to try and start a thread about Yummy Social so people can start to add each other and get to know each other on the Yummy Social part of Yummy Jobs (I thought it might be a cool idea, as currently i know no one who's applying for this program and it'd be cool to meet some of you / talk to some of you via Social!)

My name is Charlotte Appleyard / username is charlottelesley if any of you want to add me there! ;D

2. Imagineer2802

Imagineer2802 New Member

Hi Charlotte! I'm Jason!

I got to know a fair few people on here over the past few months, but since they brought in the new rule about having to have already started at Uni, most of them now cannot apply, so we've lost 3/4 of our online population! :(

I have sent you a friend request on Yummy Social, although its probably easier to talk on here - I haven't been able to post comments or status updates...I cant even reply to comments in the "Summer Cultural Exchange Applicants" group, and I created the damn thing! ha!

3. KeyRuin

KeyRuin Member

Hey

My name is Ciara Ruane and my username is KeyRuin.

Is anyone else finding YummySocial a bit difficult to use at the moment? It's a great idea though.

4. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Feel free to add me on yummy social :D names Callum Thomas (user name: calloom)

Added you Charlotte - your face looks familiar... Do you make vlogs?

5. charlottelesley92

Yes! Just recently started, can't believe you might have recognized me!

I'll accept everyone who may have added me! But i'm sure it's easy enough to get to know people on here!

6. charlottelesley92

I heard about the new rule! If I'd known it wasn't a rule last year, I would have applied to go now (in between first and second year). This is my last and only chance of applying to the summer program, so I'm really nervous!

7. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Aha! Well I've been watching/reading v/blogs on ICPs and CPs since like 2010 (a rather sickening thought) so I notice the new ones :p!
    I was going to vlog last year when I applied - luckily I didn't since I didn't get past the pre screen interviews :(
    Hopefully this year though!!!

8. charlottelesley92

Yeah, I'm making them regardless but now I'm worried I won't get a phone interview so I'll have to cut them short and look silly! Is the pre-screening just for the CRP's or do they do pre-screening for summer now as well?

Also, My 'Application Status' on Yummy Jobs has been changed to "being updated"... does anyone know what this means?! I'm freaking out

9. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

They don't do the phone interview now it's a face-to-face pre screen interview with the YJ Team :)!

No idea sorry :/ mine says 'application completed' but I've heard there are few people that say its being updated?

10. charlottelesley92

I don't know how I feel about that... I was all excited for the phone interviews! I'm really nervous now!

And hmmm... I have no idea! I hope it's not something bad!

What were the pre-screens like last year?

11. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

It's not that bad actually :) they show a PowerPoint about roles and get you all excited for it then they give you a time and place for a group interview of about 10. It really was just a casual chat though and they asked questions you'd usually be asked :)

However, someone I was talking to when I was there said that his group had to find out information about the person beside them and vice versa ... Then they had to tell the group and YJ peeps about that person :)

12. charlottelesley92

That doesn't sound too bad actually, but nerve wracking none-the-less!

I still think I'd prefer phone interviews :p

Do the pre-screens take place at Hammersmith as well?

13. calloom4

calloom4 New Member

Yeah I was really nervous! Not sure what I would've preferred :p

There was London interviews but not sure if they were in hammersmith ... They had another in other parts of England I'm sure but my memory fails me where.. And for us Scottish folk we had to travel over to Edinburgh :)

14. charlottelesley92

I'm watching a Vlog from the year just gone and there's some in Manchester, which is better for me because it's only a 2 hour drive away! I currently trying to do as much research in preparation just in case haha!

15. alicejaimie

alicejaimie New Member

Hi guys, feel free to add me on Yummy Social - my username is the same as here, and my full name is Alice McCourt

16. charlottelesley92

i think ive added you!

however i am having a lot of trouble accepting people... it just will not let me! bare with me if you have added me! :)

17. charlottelesley92

is anyone else having loads of trouble with yummy social? it's only let me accept 2 people :(