16th August 2011

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by doddi92, Oct 15, 2010.

1. kate003

kate003 New Member

Oh my goodness! I'm calling my family asap to see if it's arrived at my place too!!!

2. kate003

kate003 New Member

2 months today!!! It's getting closer..!!!

3. linsey

linsey New Member

anyone else getting annoyed at the DS-160 form on the embassy website??? I spent two hours doing it yesterday and now I'm searching throught he FAQs for answers to why it's being a pain!

4. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

I'm starting mine tomorrow... Well and truly dreading it!

5. linsey

linsey New Member

I finally got through it. took about two hours! And I had to do a new one cos I didn't realise 20 minutes had passed and had forgotten to write down the number they give you. :mad:

but it's all completed now! finally!

just off to the embassy next week now, while on a lovely holiday in london :)

6. abnorman

abnorman New Member

For me, the "20 minutes" was really about 2, so I had to jet through each page so I could save quickly, then I edited it at the end. Got my appointment on 14 July. Coolio.

7. linsey

linsey New Member

they don't make it easy for you! not to mention all the detail... last 5 times you were in the states, work for the past 5 years, your parents details.... not to mention every 'number' you've ever been assigned somewhere!

at least I'm combining my embassy trip with a holiday in london so if thigns go wrong then it won't be a wasted trip. now I'm just paranoid about paper cuts!

8. kate003

kate003 New Member

we don't have to do anything like that. we just show up at the border with our 1-20s :) Sounds stressful though!! 1 month and 23 days!

9. EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer New Member

These posts made me panic, and I triple checked our welcome packs to make sure we (the Canadians lol) weren't suppose to do any embassy stuff haha thank you for clarifying kate!!

10. kate003

kate003 New Member

I love TSwift! She was just here a couple weeks ago, I'm so glad she's coming back! The concerts at mardi gras at universal are pretty cool sometimes, especially since they're included in admission!

I've been hearing a lot about Food and Wine lately! There are sooo many events and seminars and parties outside of just the booths around the world showcase! I'm pumped!

11. abnorman

abnorman New Member

I've got my fingers crossed that Pearl Jam do Florida at some point in 2012. Saw them 3 times in the UK, but 'twas not enough. In the more immediate future, I'm totally excited for Halloween Horror Nights...

12. Stefanyay

Stefanyay New Member

haha I love concerts!! but I'm more like in Hardcore/Rock or also Indie concerts. I hope I can see A Day To remember in their home state haha :)

13. linsey

linsey New Member

I'm seeing rascal flatts on the 19th August. my parents got me tickets for my birthday which is the week after, yay! and they're supported by sara evans, easton corbin and justin moore so it's going to be an awesome gig. I think that friday is our day off too so it works out really well!

I plan to go to a LOT of country gigs over the year, either at amway or the ask-gary, so if you need a buddy to go with you to them, I'm there! brad paisley is on in september I think but I was holding out on tix until getting there and being able to organise it around work.

14. linsey

linsey New Member

I saw TSwift supporting Rascall flatts a few years ago, she was really good live! I plan to enjoy myself and take in gigs all over where possible. Mardis Gras at Universal is really good as is bands, brew and bbq at sea world/busch gardens and it's better cos they are free with entry!

I'm also randomly tempted to go to one of the HoB gospel brunches! just to see what it's like....

15. EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer New Member

I'm soooo jealous!!! That is such a great lineup, and a fantastic birthday present! I'm sure you'll have so much fun, and YES count me in for future ones :)

16. linsey

linsey New Member

my dad had orders to book tix the minute they went on sale a few weeks ago. when I got home that night from work he was all 'happy birthday!.... for august' ;D i'm excited. it's my third time seeing the flatts. my sister hate me 8)

17. linsey

linsey New Member

4 weeks until we start!

(3 weeks until I fly out, yay!)

anyone else feel like they've forgotten to do something while organising stuff? lol

18. linsey

linsey New Member

has anyone had their email from disney with the applicant numberyet so they can pay the program assessment fee? it says approx 1 month before we should get them so hopefully around now??

19. EndlessSummer

EndlessSummer New Member

I got the email for the program assessment fee last week, so you should be getting it soon!!

20. imported_Änna

imported_Änna New Member

hey guys! :)
    I'll arrive at orlando on 16. August, too!!
    I come from Germany but I don't know my flight plan yet.
    I'm very excited and I hope I won't get lost at the airport and find my way to Disney World :)