17th June to 31th August

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Sternchen1988_1, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Anahidisney

Anahidisney New Member

@Jandro07

What kind of insurance are you referring to ? I'm interested :)

2. leilasalhi

leilasalhi New Member

Concerning American Airlines, I saw bad opinions on the Internet about this company.
    Does anyone ever traveled with AA ?

3. Sternchen1988_1

Sternchen1988_1 New Member

I have never travelled with American Airlines. I also heard bad comments about them however as long as they fly save I would take them since I would prefer saving money instead of receiving good service. But I think this always depends on the person itself. Check that you have enough time to change planes when you are in the USA, you have to do the immigration and check in your baggage new. I checked some AA flights and there was only one hour stop which would have been to short in my opinion.

4. Anahidisney

Anahidisney New Member

I called International serices today, and they told me I'd better wait until I have my visa to buy the plane tickets ! So I don't knooooowww ! Because if I wait , then it's gonna be more expensive. If I take it now, it's cheaper ...I don't know what to do, I'd save a lot of money if I took the cheap flight, but in the mean time, I'd loose lots of money, if I doon't get my visa in time. I don't know what to do.

5. leilasalhi

leilasalhi New Member

Thanks for your answer Sternchen1988. Concerning the flight I saw, I'd have 1:45 to change planes so I hope that would be ok.
    I agree with you Anahidisney, it's so hard to make a choice !

6. Sternchen1988_1

I hope this will work with 1.45 otherwise you have to take a flight later down to orlando but normally this is not a problem. The airlines will arrange this and normally there are a lot of flights to Orlando each day. International Services always advices to book the flight after receiving the visa. All the people I know booked their flight before receiving their visa since you receive the visa only a few weeks before your departure. I had the same concerns when I did the CRP program but I just decided to book the flight. International Services wants to be on the safe side with their recommodation becuase if they advice you wrong and you have trouble with your visa they might get in trouble.

7. Jandro07

Jandro07 New Member

I agree with Sternchen1988_1. I am going to buy the plane tickets as soon as possible, to get the lowest fares.

The insurance, at least here in Spain, is a little charge around 7€. If you have a good cause they give you back the money you paid for the tickets. And one of the "good causes" is if you don't obtain the visa. I think it's worth it... The airplane company/travel agency gives you that option when you purchase the tickets.

8. Sternchen1988_1

I think 7 euro is okay for the insurance. I'm really looking forward to get more information from international services. Hope it won't take too long. Do you know if we need any other documents from school for that program?

9. Jandro07

Jandro07 New Member

I don't think so... The next steps are:

- Getting the plane tickets and the medical insurance (whenever we want)
    - Paying the 150€ fee to IS
    - Receiving the DS2019
    - Appointment at the Embassy to get the Visa
    - Pay the program Assessment Fee ($100)

Correct me if I'm wrong or if I miss any step!

10. Anahidisney

Anahidisney New Member

I'm also looking forward to hearing from then. I hope I'm not rushing, because im about to buy my tickets, hoping there won't be any problems with the visa. And yes the insurance seems pretty good, haven't heard of those yet. I looked everywhere to find a good travel insurance, buut I didn't find any. And it doesnt seem like American Airlines offers any. :(

Does anyone know what forms and papers you have to bring to the US ambassy ?

11. bryanfoster87

bryanfoster87 New Member

@Sternchen1988_1 I'm in quick service food and beverage. How about you?

And concerning American Air, it's not just them, all american airlines are bad lol

12. Sternchen1988_1

@ bryanfoster87 I'm in Attractions. I will not fly with AA I will fly with a German Airline called Condor. I think it is a part of Lufthansa. It is one of the cheap airlines but it was the best connection I could find. It is a direct flight and I really think this is nice.

@ Anahidisney I can't remember what we need to take to the embassy but International Services will send you a really detailed list where you can find all the documents. You will also need a document from Disney which you have to take to the embassy. When you have received this you can make the appointment. I will take the Insurance from the German Automobile Club (ADAC) I think you have something similar in France. Maybe you could check there, it was compared to the other insurances cheap and I heard from two people who had to go to hospital or to the doctor over there that the service was very good.

@Jandro07 Do we have to pay 150€ to International Services I thought that is only when you book the flight with International Services.

13. Jandro07

Jandro07 New Member

Everyone needs to pay the 150€ fee. In our case, we will have that money back when we get our visa.

14. Sternchen1988_1

Okay, I thought you only have to pay it when you book the flight with them. I'm not good in french and since I did CRP before she didn't explain a lot about the departure procedure.

I think they will soon send an e-mail what the next steps are.

15. Anahidisney

Anahidisney New Member

@Sternchen1988 Thank you for telling me the name of the insurance, but unfortunately we don't have the same thing here, however, I found an insurance that could be good.. I'll check it tomorrow. Only then will I buy the tickets, I'm just too scared of loosing money haha. :)

16. leilasalhi

leilasalhi New Member

@ Anahidisney What insurance did you find in France ? Is that Mondial Assurance ?

17. Anahidisney

Anahidisney New Member

No, I found something with April assurance and tomorrow I'll go check at MMA. I'll go directly to their offices so that I learn more about it all. But im only taking a travel insurance, and I'll see later, with International Services for the compulsory insurance ...; I just want to be sure that if I don't get my visa I'll have a refund or something like that.

18. leilasalhi

leilasalhi New Member

Ok, yes I think a travel insurance like that and the one with International Services would be enough too.

19. Sternchen1988_1

Most of the time they also offer the insurance during the different steps of booking a flight

20. Sternchen1988_1

Did you also receive the welcome e-mail as well as the e-mail that everyone who got attractions can either work in attractions or main entrance operations?

I woule prefer attractions but if I get main entrance operations it will be also fine.