1st April f2f results!

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Dan7, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Official thread for results!

I think I've been waitlisted? I'm a tad confused.

My e-mail said "there may not be immediate positions available but Disney would be delighted to offer you a position if one becomes available in the next 6 months"..."at the moment we do not have any specific dates"

Obviously I'm a little down-hearted but not too much, hopeful more than anything that something comes available!

Good luck guys!

2. Hey mate,

Its not a rejection so dont be completely gutted, alot of people on wait-list get going,

Roger did say 'If we like all of you, you all will get a acceptance' I presume this is how they handle too many likes?

Dan im gutted for u tho! Have u heard from anyone else?

3. someone blooody say something

4. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Not heard from anyone else, I've just contacted like the whole of my disney contact list haha.

If I don't hear anything by August then I'll re-apply, thats a good 4 months. Although she did say it could be anytime up til February 2010.

5. i wonder if anyone else has heard anything,

6. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

So I emailed here back and got a reply;

"Yes, you are being considered for a position if one comes available in the next 6 months. If one becomes available, Disney may be contacting you.

You did well at interview; however there are just limited places available on the program"

7. Right well thats good then, Im not gonna lie and say thats the news id want, but its better than a no. You have every chance in the world of going mate!

I know ive said it before but i wonder if anyone else got news.

8. p.s Im gutted for u mate, i know how much u want this, so the thought of u being in this limbo is bullshit.

9. Dan7

Dan7 New Member

Well I think if u haven't heard anything yet then it must surely only be good news, don't want to jinx it for you!

Hope you guys get it!

10. I want u to get it! :'(

11. how can no-one else have replied to this, they must have jobs.

12. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Hey guys.....sorry for late reply....i have been working and i am in shock that you heard already but its a positive email coz they still want u there and u can go anytime between now and 6 months. But i do wish if were to get it, that we would go together or near the same time. Big hugs to you Dan anyway!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

13. jackpope

jackpope New Member

"Disney would be delighted to offer you a position if one becomes available in the next six months, this can be anytime up to February 2010.

At the moment we do not have any specific dates and in the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all your efforts so far."

Pretty confusing I just got that! Not sure whether that's a yes or no really haha.

So hey I'm here to join you on the waiting list I guess! Hopefully we get to go :-\

14. I dont know what to write to u guys, cos its not bad news, I think keep positive is the best advice.

15. jackpope

jackpope New Member

I guess we just have to hope for some reason a vacancy comes up, we've done all we can now it's all just whatever comes our way.

Pretty 50/50 but still good luck to everyone else who will definitely be going!

16. So maybe its just those on waiting list that have heard? Im confused.

17. aj2721

aj2721 New Member

From the info in this thread at the moment that seems to be the case - but others rejected or accepted may not have posted yet. It could certainly be a long weekend if people haven't found out by the end of today - its Good Friday tomorrow, so the office may be closed along with Saturday, Sunday and Easter Monday, meaning a possible wait till Tuesday for further results.

18. How random, ud think they would send out rejections, then wait list then acceptance

or better yet a email 2 everyone at the same time

19. jackpope

jackpope New Member

Well, just hope you guys don't have to wait long and get a defo acceptance!

20. arron87

arron87 New Member

Alrite guys. . while since ive been on
    Heard from a few people that people are getting this "waitlist" email so thought id pop on here to see whats going on!

I havnt heard anything yet and im really surprised people have had emails, from what people have been saying i wasnt expecting to hear until the end of next week. . . Im guessing that whats going on is theyre emailing the maybe's now. . and the certain yes and no's are still waiting to hear. . . not the way Id have guessed they'd be doing it but hey what can we do.

but either way I'm sure waitlist isnt so bad. . . from what ive heard most people on the wait list do eventually go out. . its just the case of that they never know for sure and so its a little more difficult to plan for it. . but from what Ive heard its really not a bad position, its better than a rejection!

Anyway guys hope it isnt too long before they let everybody know