2010-2011

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by FloFlo86, Sep 30, 2009.

1. shinjirod

shinjirod New Member

Yeah man, im a Leafs fan, and that would, most of the time, make us enemies.

But here's the deal.

Even with the huge rivalry between our teams, i will always root for the Habs if theyre playing a US team. No matter which are the teams, i will always root for the canadian squads, even if their fans all hate the leafs. I even got the official olympic jersey from the last time you guys got the gold medal. I love Canada hockey. So, it doesn't matter if you are rooting for the lightning, ill root for the habs, and we'll have a great time!

And sadly, i don't have NHL 10 yet! But i can't wait to get it! NHL games have been the best sports games by far for a couple of years now. But as soon as i get it, we gotta start playing online!

EDIT: i do have 08 tho. If you still have that we could always play some games!

2. adalozano

adalozano New Member

flo this is a great idea!! I'm always late...

1.- enjoy every moment in disney :D
    2.- go to tampa and miami to see the YANKEES!! :D
    3.- shopping! :D
    4.- party! meet loads of people!! :D have fun
    5.- mmm and well travel alot! I wanna go to NYC!!
    ________

1.- rascal flatts
    2.- coldplay
    3.- Sarah McLachlan
    4.- katy perry
    5.- natasha bedingfield

3. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

That's cool, I totally respect that. Whoever we cheer for, it will be a great time! In fact sometimes it's even better when there are different teams people are cheering for! Oh man, the 2002 Olympics were amazing!!! Gold in both men and women's hockey! Torino? Not so much... but we can live in the past... lol
    I am so excited for Vancouver 2010... it is going to be awesome to the max!
    How did you ever get in to hockey?

Definitely let me know when you get NHL 10, there are some online modes I haven't played too much of yet since I don't know a lot of people who have the game. Also, feel free to add me on PSN, my username should be Matt1133. Unfortunately I no longe rhave NHL 08... that was with Ovechkin on the cover right? I usually get rid of them once the new one comes out.

Haha, and now we've taken over this thread with Hockey! Awesome! But back on subject now...

Rascal Flatts = AWESOME!

4. shinjirod

shinjirod New Member

Yeah i can't wait for Vancouver either. It's gonna be awesome!!!

NHL 08 is the one with Stahl on the cover.

Well, in the beggining of the 90s, ESPN started broadcasting in latin america, but they didn't make many programs here, so most of the time they just put almost the same signal as they had in the states, but with spanish commentaries. That meant they showed a lot of hockey. So i started watching it, and loved it. I liked it so much i got Stanley Cup for the SNES, probably my most played game of that generation lol, and i developed a sick love for the maple leafs, coz i loved watching them play. Stupid Rod never knew back then that he was rooting for a cursed team lol.

Also, i've always loved your country. I love Toronto, Niagara, but specially Quebec City. I would love to live there one day.

5. FloFlo86

FloFlo86 New Member

OMG RASCAL FLATTS ARE ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!
    My favorite songs are I Melt, Bless The Broken Road, Mayberry and Hurts The Most, I think they're very talented. Hope we get to see a live show of them!

Anyone on The New Kids On The Block????

6. Eirin

Eirin New Member

What hurts the most is a beautiful song, the only one Ive heard from them though ;p

But what about some real great music like screamo, post-hardcore, metalcore and punkrock. Nobody who likes that, except me? :(

7. adalozano

adalozano New Member

I love them.. they are just amazing, all the song, everything... what hurt the most is so sad.. but amazing at the same time.. and well.. waiting all my life, forever, winning at a losing game, here comes goodbye, better now, everyday, its not just me... and all of them song I just love them! i really hope I can go to a concert!!

8. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Can't say I'm real big on those styles of music, maybe a song or two... but I'm sure there will definitely be others who do!

I agree, Mayberry and What hurts the most are among my favorites of theirs, I also enjoy These days and I absolutely love My Wish! It'd be sweet to go check out a show!

Haha, as for NKOTB, I only know Step by Step, but it was a pretty good song!

You could say cursed lol... but really, if you were watching Canadian teams, none of them have done so well recently in the past 15 years, so it wasn't the worst choice... I mean you could have picked the Islanders!
    I've only been in Toronto for a short while, it's quite different than Edmonton where I lived before. But I could definitely get used to it. Quebec city is beautiful! I've been there twice, quite the historic city! Parlez-vous Français par chance?

9. FloFlo86

FloFlo86 New Member

Juste un peu Matt, j'ai pas personne avec qui parler. J'ai oublié beaucoup des choses et de vocabulaire que j'appris, quelque jour je suis été la meilleur dans mon classe de Français à l'Université :D...

how did I do Matt? :D

10. shinjirod

shinjirod New Member

I like punk, some screamo, but basically a lot of punk. i guess you didn't read my post, or haven't really listened to AFI's first albums. doesn't get any more hardcore punk than that. :)

Also, i would love to go to a blood brothers concert if you're into them!

For Matt:

Yeah, canadian teams haven't been doing great the last 15 years, but at least they've won some more than the leafs!!! And this season has been horrible so far. But we'll get better, it's just a rebuilding process.

And about me speaking french, Je ne suis pas une carotte, je suis un petit crabe. :p

11. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Flo, c'est assez bien! Je croix que tu parles français mieux que je parle en espanol! Si tu me parles en francais et je te parles en espanol, comme ça, nour pourrons pratiquer nos langues respectives!\

French is not my first language either, but I'd like to think I have a decent command of it since I've been taking it since I was 5.

Well... my Habs aren't doing great, better than the leafs, but that's still not good, lol Actually, if the playoffs started today,the only Canadian team in the playoffs would be the Flames!

Also, c'est bon d'être un crabe, sauf que tout le monde veux te manger, comme Sebastian!

12. shinjirod

shinjirod New Member

]]Yeah it hasn't been a good season for canadian teams, but theres time still to get a playoff spot. too many games left to give up (not for the leafs, we were dead from the start).

And yeah thats an inconvenience of being a crab lol

13. AlexEns

AlexEns New Member

Alors, on va parler francais tous!! je voudrais practiquer avec toi et Flo aussi!! :)

14. Majo

Majo New Member

Flo u always have great ideas!!!!!!

1.- Shopping also ;)
    2.- Making new friends ;D
    3.- Go to the parks before working ;D
    4.- Take some courses in WDW :D
    5.- Go to NYC, LA, Vegas,etc at the end of my program ;D

1.- The PussyCat Dolls - My favorite song is "I hate this part"
    2.- Kings of Leon - closer, notion, use somebody, sex on fire
    3.- A Fine Frenzy - Ashes and wine, Almost lover, near to you
    4.- Taylor Swift - love story, you belong with me, youre not sorry
    5.- Muse - I belong to you, Uprising, falling away with you, hysteria

15. FloFlo86

FloFlo86 New Member

Majo Majo...
    our time is running ooooooooooooooooout
    our time is running out
    you can't push it underground
    you can't stop it screaming out
    how did it come to this?
    ooooohh

I hope we get to catch them live while there!!

Thnx for the good thoughts Majo!

16. dalkeith

dalkeith New Member

1 - Making new friends
    2 - Visiting the Keys, Bahamas, Cuba, Jamaica, etc
    3 - Going to concerts
    4 - Taking roadtrips to anywhere really
    5 - Have fun :D

1 - Tegan & Sara
    2 - The Academy Is...
    3 - Paramore
    4 - Kings of Leon
    5 - 30 Seconds To Mars

YAY Kings of Leon!they're amazing!

17. Linda_

Linda_ New Member

1. Making new friends :D
    2. Shopping
    3. Having fun!
    4. Travel
    5. Taking the cruise to Bahamas

1. Rascal Flatts
    2. Rolling Stones
    3. Damien Rice
    4. The Calling
    5. The White Stripes

18. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

Ouai! On pourrait avoir un partay! Tout le monde est invité!

Taylor Swift rocks!!! I love her new songs from Fearless: Platinum edition

19. jackattack

jackattack New Member

I definitely need to sharpen up my french skills. I'd like to be able to speak to guests in both our national languages! Perhaps I'll start watching children's tv shows in french - that should be easier to pick up.

Also, I am also a HUGE fan of Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts!

Umm I haven't been keeping with this thread well enough... but Im also really hoping to see a leaf game when I'm there. Its just too expensive here and we can probably get wicked seats there for a fair price. I'm assuming hockey isn't that big in Florida haha.

20. Matt1133

Matt1133 New Member

You could start watching Habs games, that's a good way to learn french! ;)

We will go to a leafs gamefor sure!! See Rod? I found someone to cheer with you! And what do you mean hockey isn't that big in Florida? I mean as business people, I'm sure the owners of the NHL wouldn't place a team in a market that loses money... so that means it has to big in Florida... right? I mean who in their right mind to lose millions of dollars a year? Or hundreds of millions of dollars over several years for that matter? ???

Don't mind me, I'm just bitter... lol

Yay Jackie! I'm glad we're friends! Hopefully they have a show close by during the year that we're there!