2013 Canadian CRP Applications

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by canuck23, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Carey

Carey New Member

YAY!!! Congratulations Nicole!

2. Abeille

Abeille New Member

Got my email! I'll be going to Montreal interviews at the end of January!

3. bri_cusson

bri_cusson New Member

Thank you nladams!! :D (sorry don't know your name) I hope I see you there too! HUGE good luck wishes on your interview! and YAAY for everyone else who also made it through! I knew we could do it :D see you in Montreal! xo

4. katie217

katie217 New Member

Just got off the phone with Kristen! I forgot how perky she was from when I got hired for my first program haha

5. nladams

nladams New Member

Just had my interview with Kristen too ...went sooo well! Fingers crossed...she did say last week of January for interviews so I imagine we'll be in Montreal on the 31st with the ICP's?...

@Katie217 weird question lol are you friends with Carrie Proctor on FB? Only reason I ask is that I see a Katie commented that she just had her phone interview with Kristen too..im sure its a stretch but I know you've done the program before so thought i'd ask :)

Kristen is always so awesome to talk to..she is so energetic! Sometimes I think it must be a recording playing instead but you can always tell she just loves her job..its infectious though! Now im dying to hear about the F2F interviews LOL

6. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Good luck to all you guys! And I can't wait to meet you all in Montreal!!!

7. katie217

katie217 New Member

Yes that is me! Carrie and I actually had our face to face interview together in Toronto last time haha, I LOVE her to death... we worked together in merch :)

Kristen said there was two interviews, Montreal and Vancouver. Vancouver interviews will be sometime in the last two weeks of feb, since I live in BC thats where I'd be going if I'm lucky enough to get another face to face!!

8. bendp119

bendp119 New Member

Got the email too :) So i'll be at the Montreal interview last week of January :D

9. nladams

nladams New Member

Such a small world when it comes to cast members! Did you know Arden at all? I got to know her when I was supposed to be going out last year (Nov. 1) to work F&B we got to hang out a little bit on one of my trips down prior to my start date...I ended up having to turn down my start date but got to meet and still continue to chat with some great people from the 2011 F2F in Toronto

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you all soon!

10. katie217

katie217 New Member

Of course I know Arden! I think I actually remember the day you came to the pavilion... or at least hearing about it haha

11. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

How is everybody getting to Montreal? I'll probably be going on VIA Rail from Toronto. Depending on what time the interviews are at, the prices aren't bad. And it takes about four hours. Will probably have to stay overnight though.

12. bri_cusson

bri_cusson New Member

I'll be going by VIA as well, but from Oshawa. (don't judge by the Oshawa thing, I swear I'm a good and clean person hahaha)
    but I will almost definitely be staying in a hotel overnight, I'd rather not stress myself out at the interviews by worrying about catching a train at the end of the day!

13. nladams

nladams New Member

Ill be taking Via as well but from London and will likely have to chg trains in T.O. Hopefully i'll be staying the night too...we'll have to see if some of us want to share a room to save some cost...First I have to see if I made it through lol

14. katie217

katie217 New Member

Just so everyone knows (well, this is how it happened at my interview in Toronto 2010) Expect to be there the entire day. They interviewed in pairs and you got put into a time slot. I was lucky to be in the first group and had the rest of the day free, but some people had to wait till 4 or 5pm for their interview so they had to hang around the area all day. So if you are travelling by train or something plan to stay a night or two!

15. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Hah! No worries! Be 'Shwa proud! I grew up there. Graduated from Durham College just this year. Just recently moved to Toronto. It's good being in the big city! Although I do miss visiting the Parkwood Estate. :)

I'm kind of hoping mine doesn't take the whole day. I'll stay overnight the night before, but I'd like to head home on the interview day. :) Is there any certain way that they pick interview times? Like alphabetically or something?

16. katie217

katie217 New Member

I honestly dont remember. It seemed like they went from west coast applicants to east coast applicants if I remember correctly?

17. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Hmmm...maybe they go by the people who came the farthest first and the local people go last?

18. bendp119

bendp119 New Member

Am I the only one who lives in Montreal ?? Haha :p

19. bri_cusson

bri_cusson New Member

oh seriously?! yaay another shwa girl! haha I'm not embarrassed of it, just some people are very quick to judge the minute I say where I'm from. either way, Oshawa will be the city on my nametag if I make it into the program! :D

20. Carey

Carey New Member

I want to know the date(s) for the Vancouver interviews already so I can start planning travel! Likely, I will fly out the day before and after, so I have the entire day for the interview, and hopefully some time to spend in the city as well! I love Vancouver!

I think the ICP's were told to plan to be at the interviews/presentation from 8:30a-5p or something along those lines. So, if you can book your train for around 6, you should be fine.