2013 Canadian CRP Applications

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by canuck23, Jan 31, 2012.

1. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Haha! I think you are the only one here, but there are probably a lot more Quebecers when we get down there. No worries, though. We'll all hang out!

There are seriously a lot of people from the 'Shwa who love Disney. I've seen them on other discussion boards, and I was always like, "Where are you guys in Oshawa? I can never seem to find people who love Disney in person!" Hah!

I'm hoping to check out Montreal! Never been there before, so it should be an experience. My Grandma is coming with me because she gets a good discount on VIA. If I'm lucky she might pay for my ticket. ;)

2. Carey

Carey New Member

The Coordinator of my program wants to come with me (She has had students do the program in the past and she thinks it would be beneficial for her to come to the interviews and see what they are like to help future students). So if she comes, there is a chance the College might pay for my flight! (a really really really really small chance -I'm not holding my breath). Plus, she wants to go shopping in Vancouver.. and I think just having someone with me in the big city will be helpful because I've only been there once before and I was 12!

3. bri_cusson

bri_cusson New Member

hahaha so true. I swear I'm always alone in it! my friends and family KNOW me as the Disney girl... oh well, I'll be meeting tons of fellow Disney lovers in Montreal! yay!

4. Teagan_126

Teagan_126 New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post ever so I hope I'm doing it right!
    I just got my e-mail saying I made it to interviews and I'm going to Montreal. I am so excited!
    Basically just wanted to say hi :)

5. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

No worries Teagan! Welcome to the boards!
    Looks like Montreal is going to overrun with Disney freaks. :D

6. bri_cusson

bri_cusson New Member

Hi Teagan! congrats, and see you in Montreal :)

7. txlast

txlast New Member

Hello, everyone! I'm Tiziana. This is my second go at applying for the CRP.. last year I got on the Opportunity List but sadly, no positions opened up for me. :( Hopefully this year I'll make it! I'll be at the Vancouver interviews and hope to see some of you there.

8. Carey

Carey New Member

Welcome Tiziana! I'll see you in Vancouver!!

9. d__clark

d__clark New Member

I got my email from Kristin this week and I'll be seeing you all at the Montreal interview!! I'll be taking the train from Windsor/Toronto so chances are a few of us will be together on there. I can't wait to meet you all there!

10. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Hi there Tiziana! I know how you felt. I got rejected after the phone interview last year. It's gutting. But there's no use in giving up! Always good to try again!

And nice one, d__clark! There will definitely be plenty of us in Montreal!

11. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I got a face to face interview too. I'll see you guys at the Vancouver interviews :)

12. Carey

Carey New Member

Congrats! I'll see you there!

13. d__clark

d__clark New Member

Feb 1, we can all start booking things as of today! Does anyone who has been through the F2F interview process before know how late the interview day goes; I don't want to have to book a second hotel room for the night if I don't have to. But I do not want to risk missing my flight if the interviews run late.

14. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Yup. Feb 1st it is!
    I'm heading down on the 31st by VIA. Staying over night, but I don't think I'll book my train ticket home until the day of. I don't want to book a ticket and then miss it or have to wait the entire day until my train. I'll probably take a chance and hopefully I'll get a train whenever I finish my interview!
    I thought I heard the interview times go by distance. The people who have come the farthest go first and the locals go last? I wish they would have just told us what time! I'm such a planner and this goes against my every instinct! :D I'm just happy to be able to go!

15. d__clark

d__clark New Member

I'm the exact same way, I started looking at flights and trains the second I got the email. I like your idea of just waiting until the day of, I just feel so anxious about not having anything booked to come home. But at least I wouldn't be alone in it. Are you taking the train through Toronto Nicole; I thought I could remember you saying something about it before.

16. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Yup. Not sure where I'm getting on at. Depends on my Grandma, who's going with me. Either Union in Toronto or a station just east of the city. Probably the last train east as well so I can just head to the hotel and fall asleep.
    Where you flying out from?

17. d__clark

d__clark New Member

I am from a town just outside of Windsor so I'll be leaving from there, but I still havent decided if I'm going to take the train or fly. The train just takes so long and I'd rather be there early so I have one less thing to worry about.

Has anyone started filling out the Disney Internation Program information form. I don't know how to answer the "Can you submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States" question. I don't have one currently, but I can and will apply for the visa when the opportunity arises. I just don't want to answer incorrectly, so I guess I am wondering what everyone else is putting for that question.

18. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

I'd fly out there, but Toronto Pearson is so freaking expensive with the taxes! Plus Grandma gets discounts on VIA since Grandpa worked for them. ;)

I think they mentioned that question on email they sent in small print. They said something like:
    "With regards to the question "Can you submit Legal Verification to work in the US?" Please do mark no unless you have a US passport or Green Card."

By the way, am I the only one who can't fill out the form yet because I don't have Internet Explorer? My house is a Mac house so I have to go over to my cousin's place and use his PC. :p

19. txlast

txlast New Member

I did the F2F last year and they do go by travel distance. Those that traveled the farthest went first, those who didn't have to travel very far at all went last. I was among the last ones and I believe I was done at around 6:30pm and the last person was interviewed at around 7:15/7:30. Most 'out of town' applicants were done at around 3:30/4:00 if my memory serves correct.

Ahh, Feb. 1st for you guys... it seems so soon!! Hopefully the date for the Vancouver interviews is finalized soon. I can't stand waiting any more!

20. CanadianCole

CanadianCole New Member

Thanks for the heads up, txlast. I thought they might do it that way, but I suppose it depends on how many people are coming from a distance. I mean, there might be a few people coming from the Maritimes, northern Quebec or even Manitoba. I suppose us southern Ontario folk will be closer to the end. Oh well. I guess that means more time to enjoy Montreal! :D