21st June 09.

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Disney Jess, Feb 24, 2009.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea, amazing!

Yea, it was the two i got, i will need to print them off sometime!

2. Charli

Charli New Member

Argh! So much to organise!! I've been in America the past 2 weeks (Not Florida lol), I got back yesterday, now I have 2 weeks to sort everything before getting back on the plane!! In fact I only really have ONE week as my family are currently in Ethiopia adopting a baby girl, and I want everything done this week so I get a whole week of cuddles before I leave! ARGH! Making lists - lots of lists!!!

3. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

You'll need a list of the lists! ;)
    I have lots to do as well, and aren't doing any of it! Still got coursework that needs doing (stupid dissertation) and a teaching placement....
    and I have to have a filling this afternoon :( with another one probably before I go (if he can fit me in....)
    Joy!
    But - in less than 2 weeks we shall be there!! :D
    xx

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Only 12 days!

I have a list of things to get and sort out, there's lots!

I also need to fill out my student fees forms and send them off before i go.

5. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

I had to do mine back in April - but at least I know it's been approved!
    Still no email from Disney though, and Alexis is away until tomorrow :(
    xx

6. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ahhhhh 12 days! I cannot wait! I need to sort myself out this week. I'm deffinately thinking lists lists lists!

7. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Alexis forwarded me the email, so I'm happy now :)
    Sort stuff out and pack? Yeah, that so won't happen for me..... ;)

I had 2 fillings done at the dentist yesterday (they managed to fit me in!) and I have another one or two today (can't remember) as they managed to find me another appointment! I hate fillings, but at least they didn't take too long yesterday! (apparently he 'caught them early'). Gotta love my parents for their cruddy teeth!

Still need to do this stupid work, and make a list of things to take (probably several lists - things like clothes, documents, toiletries etc, with a master list for the lists!)

11 days people!!!
    xx

8. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

11 days, I cannot waittt! x

9. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Just back from the dentist where I had ANOTHER two fillings :(
    At least they didn't take too long - but my dad now says I look like a hamster cos my cheek's all swollen from the injection :( - he's a fine one to talk, having a tooth out this morning!

Sorted out my outfit for Traditions - so just everything else to go now!
    xx

10. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

aw bless you, fillings suck! hopefully the numbness has gone?
    11 days, woo!

oo what are you wearing for traditionss? xx

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I hate fillings, hehe. I have quite a few wee things i need to do, btw do we need to email disney our flight details?

I am going to be wearing my suit trousers, black shoes and maybe my pink shirt or another one!

12. Charli

Charli New Member

Yeah we do

I think I'll be wearing what I wore to my interview, so a trouser suit and a white blouse, possibly with black dolly shoes rather than my black boots...dunno

13. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Do you email Disney? I emailed my flight details to Alexis and she didn't say anything about emailing Disney?? I really need to re-read those instructions haha, there's so much to do though!! I need a bernards watch to stop time for a bit!

Oh goodness I need a traditions outfit too :-s best get shopping again!

14. Charli

Charli New Member

Charlotte - Don't forget to breathe too!

OK so in the "You're almost here!" email it says :

Please ensure that you have sent your Flight Information or travel plans to the International Arrivals team at wdw.international.arrival.itineraries@disney.com

Which I did and got a lovely email off a woman named Barbara - very friendly lady! But then she does work for Disney, I wouldn't expect anything less! Basically she just said thanks, should have got an email "You're almost here", if not let me know or if you need anything else

So are people wearing different things to Traditions than to their interview? And I'm getting confused, is Traditions only a day or two?

15. ginabella

ginabella New Member

hey!!

I have a quick question...on the 'You're almost here' email...it mentions the 'Congratulations packet materials'. Is this the disney pack that yummy jobs sent us?!

And How many suitcases are people taking?

What are you doing about cabin luggage and laptops etc?

aaand (last one, promise) can we wear a black linen skirt to traditions...its quite smart looking?!

Hope you're all having a magical day!

xxx

16. Charli

Charli New Member

I was assuming it was that packet, I couldn't quite work out why we'd need it but it does have bits of information and the dress-code. I'm hoping to only take one suitcase, probably quite a big one, and maybe a holdall or something...I don't really know til I start trying to get things into a suitcase! I'll probably have a huge backpack for my carry-on, which will have my laptop and wires etc in it.

17. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Yep

1 and a half (one massive case, one very large carryon)

My very large cabin case plus laptop bag

Yes, if it looks smart

Thank you, hope you also have a magical day!

18. Disney Jess

Disney Jess New Member

ahhh so excited! I saw Britney last night, it was amaaaazing! now I just have to relive that and look forward to Disney!
    Rightt, I looked on Virgins site and it said one hand luggage item,but some people have told me that you can have a bag and a laptop bag...does anyone know if thats true? x

19. Charli

Charli New Member

Normally I thought it was women could have a carry-on and a handbag (and I've seen quite a few loose definitions of "handbag"!), so maybe it's been changed to be less sexist? lol

20. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

Well they certainly used to let you, but my mum flew with them in May and apparently some people weren't allowed that - so if you're worried, have one bag as one you don't mind checking in!

Andi n response to an earlier post by Jess (I've been a leeetle busy!) I am wearing the outfit I wore to my interview - grey trousers, pink shirt, smart black shoes (prob a different pair though as they're a little worn now lol) and possibly my grey jacket depending on the heat!
    ALthough if I can find the time (and possibly the money....) I may try and find a smart skirt I can wear instead in the heat!!!

9 days now.... so excited when walking up a large hill last night with some friends that I almost pushed them over! and then trying to imitate me they almost fell over!!!
    xxx