21st June - VS027 from Gatwick (11.15)

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by KimmieM, Dec 23, 2008.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

id think so cause we all arrive on the same day.

2. vik

vik New Member

when we arrived last year, we were split across chatham and vista. i arrived with about 20 others and we weren't all put together not even in the same building! but thats not necessarilly a guarantee,, you could be lucky, tho i only know of 1 person that was housed with a fellow brit from the same program, and they weren't even roommates, they just lived in the same flat!
    if your appartment reaches half the occupancy, you will probably be made to move ( i was) into another flat so they can use your flat for a bunch of newbies. if that's the case and you know someone who's in the same situation, you can request to be put with them and at what complex if you're lucky. i know a few ppl who did this and it worked out great! just a pain that we had to move apartments half way through our programs!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

That doesnt sound too good. i would love to be in an apartment with someone i know but there is no guarantee.

4. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

If not we could always arrange a wdwip.com meet when we're over there - that would be coolness in a bottle ;D

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

Yes lets do that!! Have a big wdwip.com party somewhere!

6. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yea sounds amazing, but how would we all know where to go, cause will we all have access to wdwip.com over there. im sure we will find each other, well have a seventh sense to find wdwip-ers. yeah?

7. CharlotteSparkle

I'm pretty sure we'll have internet access, they have computer rooms at the housing complexes

8. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Im getting all excited now, i love meeting new people, especially disney people.

9. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I just bought my medical insurance today - can't believe they added £50 to it because of my asthma! damn them *shakes fist in a menancing fashion* :mad:

10. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

How much does it cost for those of us who are fit like fiddles?

11. urock

urock New Member

mine going to be 184 sta travel

12. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

Mine was £150 (including asthma)

13. CharlotteSparkle

who with Kirsty?? Is there lots of questions? Mine'll be super expensive I think, but I want the best just in case

14. Stepharoo

Stepharoo Guest

Who did you get yours with Kirsty? I was looking at the one yummy jobs recommended and didn't look too bad ???

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Whats the one yummy recommends again?

16. katiej22

katiej22 New Member

something like seven corners or something
    will the same one cover travel at the end do you think?
    xx

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I hope so, i dont understand the whole insurance thing but i think im just going to go with seven corners for the medical and get travel through them aswell, if i can. but ill enquire further.

18. *PennyCrayon*

*PennyCrayon* New Member

I got mine with norwich union (or aviva as they now like to be called ::)) and the total before asthmagate was £105. It includes everything in the other scheme but is based in england, gives a higher amount of insurance payout if something happens and incorporates some travel insurance. so all in all a better insurance scheme. It didnt take long to do and they were friendly (which is also a bonus) ;D

19. CharlotteSparkle

I'm confused - is medical insurance a completely different thing to travel insurance???

20. Andy0228

Andy0228 New Member

Yes. Medical insurance is for something like getting shot in the leg and having to go to hospital to sort yourself out, whereas travel insurance would cover you for something like all your luggage getting lost.

Travel insurance isn't essential though.