2812 TERMINATED??? 'cos underages?

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Baruch, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Quark

Quark New Member

I wouldn't say the termination thing is something to worry about before leaving for Florida, but it needs getting used to. Some of you might know that I took two 180° turns in my opinion about the program (from good to bad to good), and the reason for the turn to bad was among other things the termination issue. I have seen too many people go because of virtually non-existing reasons. It's true that you have to be sensible and usually people get terminated for doing something pretty stupid, but I think everybody knows at least one or two stories where that was simply not the case. So you are never completely "safe", and you'll have to live with that. This also comes into play when it's about rebelling against unfair decisions from housing, at work etc - you never have any chance, as you don't have any way of putting on pressure.
    I won't say this will spoil your experience, but it is something to be aware of - and just not talking about it doesn't make it better.

2. Marie

Marie Guest

So other than alcohol what do people get terminated for? Like if a superviser doesnt like you can they find an excuse to terminate you?
    I think i'd be pretty devastated if i was terminated... but not gonna think about, just gonna make the most of the year and hope im not one of the unlucky ones...

3. charlyboy

charlyboy New Member

Hey marie... dont worry is not like that... they cant terminate you just because they want. Usually at work they only terminate people for steal something (money obviously.. food o merchandise).. they can also terminate because of lates and being lazy etc etc.. but they give you warnings before so is not that sever.
    The main advise is to behave like in any other job... & just use the common sense.
    Have fun in orlando
    Carlos
    Mexico F&B Jul 03-04

4. Quark

Quark New Member

Yes, in essence they can terminate you for everything they wish, because there is no job in the world where you can follow all the rules, otherwise you'd go crazy AND the job couldn't be fulfilled at all. It comes down to not giving them a reason for wanting to terminate you - if you try to be much cleverer than they are (which you most certainly will be) and rub it into their faces, they'll find some reason to ged rid of you. They can also send you home after three months of "trial period", of which I didn't even know that existed.
    Or if you buy a decorative sword at the Chinese pavillion and take it home, you can get terminated for being in posession of a weapon in your apartment. Having an original Disney receipt doesn't help. So in essence it's okay for Disney to sell that stuff, but not okay for you to own it. It's just one of those many fine examples of unfairness - and even I wouldn't have thought of that beforehand, although luckily I'm not particularily interested in decorative swords. There are many such stories, not all of them are true - but some are. You can get terminated for everything - anyone who claims otherwise has never experienced the full force of Disney termination power. So rather be aware of it beforehand and never feel too safe, or you'll get careless.

5. Marie

Marie Guest

I guessits like any job then - it seems more of a big deal cos this is such a fantastic experience! I knew about the 3month thing - but do many people get sent home after 3 months?
    Hope u guys are having fun being back home
    Marie xxx

6. Floeckchen2301

Floeckchen2301 New Member

Actaully, the point is:

It's a job like any other job, just in a phantastic place with a lot of phantastic poeple and a lot of fun, but it's still a job...So there are rules like in every other job, and you can be fired like in every other job.
    Well, some rules might sound strange, but there are reasons for this rules and you don't need to follow all of them. :p (just need to know how...)

I had alot of drunk underage ppl around me and I never checked their ID and I actually bought them alcohol as well...
    I had illigal fishies in my appartment...
    I took open bottles of alcohol outside
    My friends had others ID's to get into clubs
    we smoked into the appartments...
    many ppl even used a lot of drugs and never got terminated
    ppl did the craziest things...
    ...you can do a lot of stuff and have a lot of fun there ;)

So dun worry just have fun!!!! 8)

7. Quark

Quark New Member

Actually, when you think about it, it's strange how much was sometimes possible, I for one actually was able to negotiate out of having to move out of my apartment (I was even supposed to sleep outside of the housing complexes for a few weeks, because I had initially announced I'd leave earlier). That was a major feast I never thought possible, all due the good connections my roommate had to Disney Housing. So yes, basically ANYTHING is possible, for the better or the worse, and as you can't predict anything anyway, why not just join the ride. If I had heard myself saying that one and a half years ago, I'd thought I'd have turned crazy, but that's the most valuable lesson I learned in Orlando. Make the most of it - and don't worry too much.