A message for all of us under 21

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by CanadaMan, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

robyn..get outta the CONVO loser! hahaha just kidding i lOVE you buddy!

2. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL@Lizzie I am german, Robyn! But my family consists of at least 70% who would rather live somewhere else LOL

Julia

3. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol julia!!

robyn trust u 2 crash the topic lol!

julia ur family sounds like mine, although my parents are now thinkin of movin 2 the US, *once me and my sister have got ourselves sorted*. i was like well i can be 'sorted' in florida haha

xxx

4. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL See my family always wanted to buy a house in Canada and I never wanted to move there....way too cold....and then I was all crazy about Canada and they thought about buying a house in Florida. And now they say the time to do that has passed LOL They bought a house in a close by suburb now GREAT! ...And my mom just told me how my grandpa had a job offer in Mexico a few years back but my grandma didn't want to move! ARGH!!!!!

Julia

5. Fiduch

Fiduch Guest

just a quick message to everyone worrying about getting terminated... you will be absolutely fine as long as you stay in someone's apartment while you drink. whenever there's a knock, put your drink down, and you'll be perfectly fine.

6. Lucyfk

Lucyfk New Member

I agree!!

7. SaraC

SaraC New Member

good advice there Fiduch :)

xx

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

LOL That's what I always tell people!!

9. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Apparently I missed this topic way back when I started. I have to agree with Julia. Okay, if you were a non-drinker back home and plan to never drink, then fine...you'll go your whole year without drinking...BUT...if you were a drinker back home, YOU WILL DRINK UNDERAGE!!!!!!! It's too easy not too. I also don't believe that that many people a week get termed for it. Unless they've gone on a crazy underage drinking mission since I left 9 months ago (which they haven't), there are so many ways around it. If you are carrying a generic closed container (water bottle, one of the refillable cups you can get at the hotels, etc.), they can't ask you whats inside it. If you are in someone's apartment at a party, just put down your cup if security comes and keep a low profile. If you are up in security's face, or doing something completely stupid, you will get busted...but if you just keep away from them, you'll be fine. I've known lots of falling down drunk people that have someone help them through security at the gate and then get on with it. I agree that you can't really comment on this until you've been there and experienced it yourself. I know sitting at home never having been, that it sounds like there are so many rules, etc, etc, but once you get there, you'll see how everything works and how easy life really is.

Enjoy yourself and do what you want...a lot worse things than underage drinking happen in the Commons!!!!!!!!!
    Shan

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

I also wanted to add that apparently I'm a sucker for a Scottish accent!!!!

11. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

I don't know about that shannybanany
    I am a drinker now, and have been my whole life.
    But when going to America I will not drink underage.
    I'm applying for a Police Academy in a couple of years, and they don't accept any criminal offences, so I'm not taking any chances...

So I'll join your pact CanadaMan

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

yes im not an achohol lover anyway,so ill be fine,plus i want to get an internship in the states so i to want to be on best behaviour. ;D

good luck with the police career celphais,

13. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

hey,

am not a huge drinker home here, maybe cos the money i would waste on a taxi cud be spent elsewhere *burtons/topman....lol* so i normally drive. goin to the states will be cool but if i have a drink i'll stick to the hints bout putting my cup down and keepin a low profile!

btw on the accents/family thing.... i have part german family so i love their accent, and the spanish sounds really sexy! lol. thought i'd add my bit.... :p

Bry

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If you don't like alcohol, yeah, you'll be fine...otherwise...the Commons is all about temptation...good luck. If you can do it, good on ya.

Shan

15. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

sorry no offense but dont make a pact about not drinking alcohol befoer u get there (specially not if u enjoy it already in ur homeland)......... thats just bullshit......... cos u realyl dont know til u get there

i was very naive and said i was never even gonna risk my job cos id worked so hard to get it and i was gonna be oh so good, but it totally went outta the window because there are just times wen u really fancy a nice cool beer after a long day at work, or u mite be really homesick and fancy gettin wasted or u mite go to a throw in and there are beautiful cocktails being made.. mmm gotta love strawberry daqs.......... and u really cant be standing there wishin u could but thinkin that u cant cos ur gonan get termed, u wont get termed! obviously if u ive in a welness apt, ir. all the people in ur apt are under 21 or the majority are under 21, then dont keep any alcohol in the apt, but that dont stop u from having drink supplied by someone else.

they cant ask to see wat is in ur cup, i used to walk around with it even at security and as long as ur not in their faces and swearing at them and acting so so so crazy like shan said then ul be fine

any other questions about stuff just ask.................the alumni HAVE BEEN WHERE U ARE NOW.....we are here to help u and to make u a little more relaxed about everything, cos a lot of us were very uptight about things wen we got there and before hand, so just relax and enjoy ur time!!

Laura
    xxxxxx

16. rjshevy

rjshevy Guest

Haha...i am not an alcohol lover either...it is just that alcohol and i get along real well together and we have some great times together :p

17. Winnie

Winnie New Member

I am sure we can have lots of fun even without alcohol

18. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

;D nice to know u and aclohol get on so well..

yes im sure we wil. ;D

19. Hiani

Hiani New Member

Im sorry but i cant join the pact because i'll probaly get wasted all the time

20. low

low New Member

am in the same boat as tink i like a drink every now and then but it no be deal to me so count me in and i tend not the fight with people so i should be okhehehee