A message for all of us under 21

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by CanadaMan, Mar 16, 2005.

1. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Laura was wasted 24/7...we spent many a morning meeting napping on the floor after being out for hours the night before!!!

Ha ha...just kidding. But seriously, if you've ever drank in your life and don't have horrible flashbacks about it...YOU WILL DRINK UNDERAGE...because you'll realize how easy it is once you get there. Some of the drunkest people I knew out there were the underagers!!

It's easy to stress about things sitting at home before you go and like Laura said, we've all been in your place. Once you get there, you'll realize how silly all the worrying really is and how easy life out there is. You will all find someone exactly like you...that drinks a lot, or doesn't drink at all...someone that likes the same things as you...and you will all meet people who are the complete opposite of you. If you can be open-minded and not judge the opposites, you'll be fine...but if you spend your whole time thinking that people are bad or whatever because of the things they do, it's going to be a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGG year.

Shan

2. Ona

Ona Member

Just to echo what shan said, except from the opposite side of things. :)

I was 22 when I arrived out there so I was legal. But I never drank a drop the whole year. It really was seen by others as quite an acheivment. But was no biggie to me at all since I don't drink hree at home either. Not a drop.

So spot on. I have absolutely no issues with other peolple drinking. Hell, many's a night I carried drunk (and underage!) friends back to their apartments. All the more entertainment for me; I'm the one who remembers all the daft things they did the night before. Of course I'm only too willing to remind them the next day. :D

By the same token, it was funny the reactions I would get when people realised that I don't drink. Some really just couldn't wrap their heads aound it at all. Lol. While others respected it alot.

However, I only knew of one other person like myself out there. Everyone, whether underage or not, drank. Infact, often, it was the under 21s who drank most

So as much as I'd love to see more sober folks doing all the boogeying like myself ;D, in reality, I find it very difficult to believe that all you guys will be sober for long.

Just a different perspective for y'all. :)

Ona x

3. low

low New Member

i agree am normally the sober person lookin after my drunk friends and tell them all the horrid thing they did the next day hwhehehehee the fun

4. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i love telling my drunken friends all the foolish things they said/did while drunk!

5. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

I'm usually the one doing/saying the stupid things!

xx

6. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

haha same here...that is why i dont get drunk hahaha

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

i have no self discipline!haha

xxxx

8. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

neither do i....when i start drinking..i seem to think im superwoman and can drink until the cows come home hahaha

9. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah i've now got into the way of starting dancing early on in the night, coz then i dont wanna leave the dancefloor to go to the bar!lol

xxx

10. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

haha yah dancing is great....and i dont like to danc eiwth a drinkin my hand!

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

haha dont get me started...i ended up on a bloody podium the other night!... was different! haha

xxx

12. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

dancing on podium and stages are SWEET..i LOVE it!

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

yeah except i had the tiniest skirt on ever and only figurefd out you could see up it after like 30 mins....not so good!lol

xx

14. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

haha that's why u always need to bring ONE sober friend with you..so they can letcha know that u can see up your skirt!

15. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

ahhh horrified!

xx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

lol linz hunny how come im not at all surprised!!! bless ya... but there again... been there done that as well lol

xxx

17. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

been there done that too *hangs head in shame* ::)

18. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

I do the same, just I have to make sure I eat alot of food before I do that. Last time I didn't eat alot before drinking was a mistake. Let me say wicker baskets are not a good thing to be sick in.

19. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

I'm just very glad my bin does not have holes in as it has come in handy many times *once again hangs head in shame*!!!!!

20. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

well i must say i am never ever that bad with hangovers! im quite lucky. only ever been like that twice and it was coz i drank the bar!never again!

xxx