About Roles

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by VanillaGrin, Apr 25, 2014.

1. VanillaGrin

VanillaGrin New Member

Hi there! : )))

I'm applying for the January 2015 AUS/NZ international program!

Originally I wanted to try for a Character Performer because I wanted to be a Face Character. However I recently read somewhere that you cant be a face character in the AUS/NZ international program? Is this true? Shame if it is. Really wanted to try for Tinkerbell~ I would still apply for the Character position but I've heard some bad stuff about being inside those costumes all day all the time.

I'm now looking towards working in merchandising~ Any stories about that role? : ) Pros and Cons??! I'd love to be surrounded by disney toys/candy and talking to guests :D

Thanks, I'd appreciate a reply !~ [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. sems

sems Member

I just submitted my application :D You can't be a face character because they have a pretty rigorous application and training process for them- fur characters only. I'm looking at applying for Attractions, Character Performer and Merchandise.

3. VanillaGrin

VanillaGrin New Member

That's a shame ~

I think working in Merchandise would definitely be fun though! Out of those three roles which one would you love to do the most? GOOD LUCK TO YOU!! I sort of want to get to know the NZ/AUS people that are trying for the 2015 Intake in case I get accepted and then we can be friends lolol~

4. sems

sems Member

I have a friend working jn attractions at the moment and she is loving it so probably that one! I did want to do character attendant but it isn't available to aus/nz programmers. Are you from Aus or NZ? Good luck to you too!!

5. VanillaGrin

VanillaGrin New Member

Awesome! Yeah I've heard good things about Attractions! But I think I'd be too scared if I had to operate the machines and press buttons to make rides go haaahaa!!! ;o; What if I press the wrong one ?? HNNG!

Yes! I'm from Brisbane in AUS. I'm an animator. I do both 2D and 3D and adore Pixar.
    I finished my cover letter and applied last night! Hope I get an interview! :eek:

6. sems

sems Member

Same haha but I currently work part time in retail and would like a bit of a change but merch is my backstop! I'm from Auckland, NZ. Wow an animator! That's awesome, I'm studying geography so it isn't so closely related but I genuinely love people, especially children so hopefully that works in my favour! My fingers are crossed for you :)

7. VanillaGrin

VanillaGrin New Member

Way sweet~ I've never been to New Zealand!! What store do you work in?
    I especially love animating Disney characters ahaaa :p Fingers crossed for you too!