About the process

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by bekahkiley, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Hi all,

I have my interview for Guest Services on Wednesday here in the USA. I am wondering how soon after the interview do you get notification of a job proposal and have to get paperwork turned in, medical done, etc. I ask this so I can plan for what to expect with my current job and giving notification to them. Anything is much appreciated.

2. Emily

Emily New Member

Hello!

I also applied for Guest Services and when they notify you depends on when you can leave for the job. Since I put down my availability as December, it took a little longer to get back to me because they had to deal with the people leaving before me. DCL, from what I have read on here, can be pretty last minute but they try to be accommodating. I would just let them know after your interview if they offer you the job that you would have to give 2 weeks notice at your job. Good luck on Wednesday!!

3. tayyy

tayyy Guest

I don't know what kind of interview you are doing, but I just had a phone interview and now need a skype interview. I don't know when that is yet, but hopefully soon! They sent paperwork to fill out right away and needed passport information, so I think that is a good sign for starters.
    I wish you the best of luck!

4. bekahkiley

bekahkiley New Member

Yeah I just had the phone interview last week and they asked if I could go to an in person interview tomorrow because it is within driving distance from me. I got the paperwork too to bring with me to the interview I just need the passport sized photos before I hit the road! (5 hour drive woot woot)... I am slightly nervous as of now because I have never really gone to this many lengths for a job before and I really want to work for DCL.

Who did you interview with? What position are you going for?

5. tayyy

tayyy Guest

I applied for Merchandise Hostess and I talked to someone in Fort Lauderdale... I can't start until January at the earliest, but I'm just extremely eager to hear back!!

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

As others have said, it really depends on when your availability is. Also, if they offer you a date, you can always say no (I had to do that last year...they offered me December but I couldn't go until February...nice to know they considered me anyway!) They can also offer you a start date, which you accept, and then offer you a sooner one (this also happened to me. They offered me end of April, which I accepted and was fine because it was a month away, and then they offered me the end of March which was only a week away! Luckily my work was really understanding and knew how much I wanted this job so they let me go! Hehe.)

They will send you everything you need to know. Often you will start the whole visa (if applicable), medical and CRB process before you have a start date.

Good luck everyone, it's hard work but well worth it. On my first contract this summer I visited 14 different places in the Caribbean and the Mediteranean..not a bad life!

7. tayyy

tayyy Guest

How soon after your phone interview did they tell you a day/time for your in person one?? Was it immediately after the phone interview? They told me I'm having a skype interview with a Disney person (instead of an agency) but I haven't heard from them and I am just a generally impatient person.....

8. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

As far as I can remember it was about a week. It was 2009 so I don't really remember! But I know back then they didn't so skype interviews (they do now in the UK, even if you get a face to face interview).