Accepted! Yay! J1-Academic August 19th!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by Heidi85, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Rob Zal

Rob Zal New Member

2. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Hey there August 19th people!

After sending WDW my flight details I got an email from Barbara (International Programs), telling me International Recruiting sent out a "you are almost here"-email with her cell phone number and details on where to meet the arrival team after arriving in Orlando.

I emailed her back telling her I never got that email, but haven't gotten a reply from her yet.

Am I the only one who didn't get that email, are there others of you out there, or did she mean we're all supposed to get that email next week?

help! ???

3. Misas

Misas New Member

Hi Heidi!!

I didn´t received any email either but my friend did, so I asked for Jeff, the person who make the interview at my university to join the recuiting international programme and the following day I received the "you're almost here" email. This email is important because it tells you the papper stuff you need to bring to the aeroport. I don't know if applies to you but anyway I leave you with mine and try to contact someone.
    See you in 7 days!! :)

[​IMG]

The Time Has Come and You're Almost Here!

Dear Marisa,
    Below are a few hints and reminders to better prepare you for your arrival to the Walt Disney World® Resort. Be sure to print this email and review your arrival packet materials one last time to ensure you have everything you need!

Your Arrival Day: August 19, 2007

What documents do I need to bring with me?

Prior to boarding your flight or arriving by car to the United States, you MUST have the following documentation. Please pack these items in your carry on luggage as you will need this information upon arrival.

Passport with visa stamp*
    Original DS2019 Form (J-1 visa holder only, Q visa holders do NOT need this form) - VERY IMPORTANT (a photocopy is not acceptable)
    One photocopy of the following passport information:
    Visa stamp*, information page(s) to include: passport number, expiry date, photo, and your signature
    Original or certified birth certificate (a photocopy is not acceptable)
    Proof of medical insurance (This information is not required if you will be working with one of the following companies, Alfredo's, China Group, Mitsukoshi, Marrakesh Restaurant and San Angel Inn)
    Printed receipt for the Program Assessment Fee
    Arrival packet materials
    Upon entering the U.S. you will complete a white I-94 Arrival/Departure Record Card. Please be sure to write your name exactly as it appears in your passport. This is a CRITICAL DOCUMENT, DO NOT LOSE IT!

*Candidates traveling on a Canadian passport will not have a visa stamp

Where do I go when I arrive in Orlando?

Once you have picked up your luggage from baggage claim on Level 2 at the Orlando International Airport (or even if you're missing your luggage), please proceed to the International Programs Welcome Desk and check in with a coordinator.

Arrival Side A: Take the elevator located closest to baggage claim # 5 to Level 1. Once the elevator doors open you will see our Welcome Desk
    If you are driving to Orlando or arriving earlier than your above arrival date, please contact the International Arrivals team at wdw.international.arrival.itineraries@disney.com for arrival instructions.

If you have any problems en route, such as delayed or canceled flights, please contact our arrivals team at 1-321-436-0425.

What happens next?

After checking in with our Arrivals team you will be taken to your new home and can start to settle in. Depending on your arrival time, transportation may be available to the local shopping center to pick up groceries and other immediate necessities. Remember, you may want to bring bed sheets, a pillow and towels as they are not provided upon arrival. Your itinerary for the rest of the week will include several meetings to get you more familiarized to your new home as well as administrative procedures necessary for becoming a Disney Cast Member!

How should I dress?

Your first orientation sessions are casual in attire; however, your hairstyle, hair coloring, and fingernails must be 100% within the Disney Look guidelines upon your arrival.

You must also be within The Disney Look guidelines in regard to any body modifications or alterations. Examples include, but are not limited to, visible tattoos, body piercings (other than traditional ear piercing for women), tongue piercing, tooth decorations and earlobe expansion.

All males are expected to be within The Disney Look guidelines for facial hair.

You may also click on the link below to review these guidelines on our Web site.

The Disney Look
    Please note that you will need professional dress clothes and shoes for your first official day at work.

Safe travels and we will see you soon!

If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your arrival or participation on the International Program, please contact Walt Disney World International Recruitment at wdw.int.recruitment@disney.com or (407) 934-7470.

4. Rob Zal

Rob Zal New Member

How close r we now guys 1 week 2day n the long waitin is finally ova!! Words cant describe how im feelin at the moment! Hopefully coz iv got sooo much crap 2 do this week this week shud fly by 4 me! And then all thts left is drinkin in the sun!! :D
    see u all in 7 days
    P.S. i hav got the "almost here" email, but coz the whole email is above it irrelevent!!

5. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

I haven't got the email! I might email yummy jobs and tell them! Im kinda excited but not at the same time, because i just want this week to be over..By friday tho ill be jumpin up and down with excitement!!

6. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

im not excited at all today!!!! spent the afternoon pullin out clothes n shoes deciding which ones to take, n still never got excited!!! oh dear whats wrong with me lol! x

7. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Great, thanks for posting the email Marisa! :)

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't get it though.

6 more days! woo.

8. Nickie Mouse

Nickie Mouse New Member

ignore the instructions in that email for the meeting point an just head down to the bus lanes cus we tried following them an walked around in circles for about an hour with all our bags! if u head to where the buses an mears shuttles etc are then look behind u an u will see the desk!

9. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Thanks for the heads up... will keep that in mind.

Either way, I just received the email, so yay! :)

10. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Can't believe there's only 5 days to go! Today is guna be my last boring day of the week really as well, coz im doing something for the rest of it! Guna start packing 2moro!! ;D

11. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

we're leavin in 5 days n its still not sunk in yet!! anyone else like this??? x

12. kylie86

kylie86 New Member

yeah it still doesnt feel real at all and i dont think it will until i actually get there! i'm very scared but excited at the same time! i cant wait for some good weather too ive heard its nice in england but here in belfast it feels like its december not august!! ???

13. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

I know, I can't believe we're all leaving in 5 days.

As for the weather, it was quite warm in Holland today, didn't see the sun at all though. It's supposed to get better on sunday. :p

14. stephyb

stephyb New Member

Hey guys i kno how yi feel its weird i am sooo excited but scared at the same time!! and i hate sayin bye to everyone its the worst feeling!! see u all soon wooo hooo xxxx

15. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

Had my visa appointment yesterday, got my visa in the mail today!
    I was in and out of the consulate in about 20 minutes. Yay.
    I was a bit worried when they told me it would take me about 3 days to get my visa, thank God I got it today.

16. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Ive felt really wierd this week, i sort of wana feel excited, but i don't at all..I think its coz i know that im guna be leaving a lot of people behind for a year n stuff..Can't really believe after all this time we've been waiting as well that its only a few days to go!

17. disneybaby

disneybaby New Member

i have officially packed now!! altho im over my limit lol! thinkin bout buyin an extro 10 kg just to be on the safe side!! cant believe we'll all be there in like 3 days!! its crazy!! xx

18. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

You should of gone on virgin mate ;) haha xx

19. Heidi85

Heidi85 New Member

I don't think I'm gonna exceed my limit, 2x23 kilos should be more than enough.
    At least I hope it is, I haven't even started packing yet. I've put loads of stuff aside though, will start packing tomorrow. :)

I know what you mean about this week John, I was really looking forward to leaving these past few months, but now I just wish I had one more week to spend at home.

20. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Yeah, definetly, tonight is my last sleep in my beautiful bed :'( Wish i could take it with me! Guna be really sad tonight as well, because im goin out for a meal with my family for my last night, so its pretty sad that im only guna have 24 hours with them in the next year! :(

Oh well, suppose ill be excited when i get there, n i know they are really glad i am taking a big opportunity..Just sad to leave everyone, didn't realise it would be so hard to say goodbye to everyone!