Advice For a Disney Cruise Line Interview?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Catefran90, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

So I had my phone interview with Eric at Cast a Way last Thursday and was told that I have a face to face interview in September... Any Advice?!?

Thanks!!

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Be prepared for them to grill you on ship life. At my interview I was constantly being asked if I felt I could cope with it. It's not that they don't think you can do the job, it's just they want to check that you know what you're letting yourself in for.

What role are you going into? Whatever it is, take some examples of things that have happened in your experiences...good things and bad experiences that show how your knowledge grew and how you grew as a person.

Any questions, feel free to ask! I just got back from my first contract on the Magic in YA. It was a blast!

3. Catefran90

Catefran90 New Member

I originally applied for a Youth Activities Counselor but after I had my phone interview Eric suggested that I audition for a Youth Entertainment Hostess! I am very very excited and can't even wait a single second more! I am looking forward to going up to Toronto! I have never been before!

4. roxy84

roxy84 New Member

Yes they will grill you on ship life. Sometimes people show up on the ship and are not prepared for that kind of life and will leave very quickly. So be prepared to answer things about working with people from different countries, being away from home, living with roomies, working lots of hours etc.

Otherwise, the questions about the roles are pretty easy. Generally if you have passed the phone interview you have the experience needed, they just want to make sure you are Disney enough in person. Be friendly and open and you should be fine.

Not sure what the ent host audition is like (I was just a YA counselor) but I don't think it would be anything too hard. I spent 3.5 years in YA on the Magic, Wonder and just opened the Dream. It is a blast (hard work but worth it).