Alcohol during the CRP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by liberal, Apr 7, 2010.

1. dspringa

dspringa Member

So there are no cable & internet hookups in the bedrooms? (Prob a good thing, since you share the room with another person!)

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

nope,or at least there wasnt in the commons - no idea about the other complexes but i imagine they are the same, the internet modem point was on the wall in our living room,i just got a really long ethernet cable from walmart and i was able to sit on my bed,in my bedroom and use the laptop with no hassle! the only cable hook up is in the living room,like i say you just get a cable from walmart or where ever and the cable comes straight on :) easy! I was there 2007 -2008 tho so they may have upgraded the internet and made it wireless but at the time it wasnt.

3. VikkiLillyBee

VikkiLillyBee New Member

The other option is to buy a wireless router. If the plug for the internet is in the living room, you don't have to have a wire-only router sat there. Just get a wireless one! Although a wireless router probably costs a little more then a really long ethernet cable.

4. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Also just be aware that not all apartments have balconies.

As for internet...well I did the J1A in 2006 and lived in Vista, and then when I did the CRP (09-10!) the Commons had the same modem as I had in Vista, so not much as changed! There is wireless at the Clubhouses, so if your apartment is close enough you'll be able to use that. However, seeing as it's very rare (in the Commons anyway) to have an apartment completely move out all in one go, you'll most likely move into one that already has a tv/wireless/ethernet cables. If not, either go to Walmart or hang on for a throw out and see if you can shotgun one there (the stuff like wireless, and TV's and hairdryers and stuff usually go to the newbies unless one of the old hats doesn't have one!)

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I had a lovely balcony in my first apartment (The Commons, Building 1)
    and if i sat on it i could use the club houses internet

:D

and in my second appartment,(Patterson Court, Building 9) we just hooked up a wireless router box thing and it worked magically
    also had a pretty sweet balcony there too :)

6. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah....and you could also see people and text them asking about the free stuff housing was giving away.

Slacker.

In my first two apartments I had decent balconies (I had the same layout both times and in fact it was the same layout as Park's Commons apartment).

My third apartment didn't have a balcony. It was massive for a one bed though.

7. mpark90

mpark90 Member

I did not see the point of going all the way down there if it was not woeth it!! haha
    advantages of a balcony ahh

also good to stand on drunk and pretend your on the titanic