alcohol under 21

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by whereyourdreamscometrue, Apr 9, 2008.

1. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yup, that way they'll know it's nothing personal or anything...

2. MegD

MegD New Member

Well...think about how much time and money people end up spending to get the chance to go in the first place. I can't even imagine how horrible I'd feel letting someone else get in trouble for something I did. I wouldn't want someone to do it to me, so I won't be putting anyone in a position where they'll get in trouble or get termed.

3. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I know! But there's some people who just don't care about that! I've heard about people getting termed being really pissed off on the person who reported them, so all they care about is themselves. But if they really don't want to be termed they shouldn't risk it in the first place...

4. heatherh

heatherh New Member

I would def reported it if i thought i was at risk of being accused!! I didi drink the last time iw as over there and i was underage - it was very scary and not much fun tbh!! But i am not legal to when i retur ni nsept thank god!! However i do recommend if u do report someone to keep it on the low down - people were not popular around vista way when friends go tsent home as wrong as it was for them to drink!! but i would juast say put ur self first because that semed to be th eimpression i got when over there dont trust your roommates 100 per cent untill you really know them!! if you get me :)

xx

5. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

but can you really know them in such a short space of time?! im not up for being termed for someone elses mistake...

6. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I guess that depends, some people are really easy to get to know, and some aren't... But as long as you don't know of anything wrong happening in the apartment, you can't be blamed for anything.

7. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

and alcohol isn't the only thing to worry about either...
    I came home from work loads of times, and my roomies were actually in the apt smoking pot,
    ... hm

8. disneydreamer

disneydreamer New Member

celephais what did you do?! did you tell them to stop?

9. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

nah... I was young and stupid, so I joined in.. :eek:
    yeah, yeah, I know. I could get termed and never been able to work for Disney again, but that wasn't really something I worried about.
    But had I known how much I would end up loving that place, and now actually wanting to work out a career at wdw, I probably would have had second thoughts about that naughty business.
    And about not being able to enter the US again, no worries there. As I'm a US citizen, I can pretty much do whatever I want and still enter.

They were also good friends of mine, so didn't want to report them.
    I later moved out though. And pretty much right after that a guy I knew was termed for doing the exact same thing we were.

10. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

You can get termed if you don't know about it. If your entire apartment denies knowing about it, they'll just kick you all out. They don't mess around.
    Cele, I hope if you're going back you've changed your ways - since you love the place now!!
    I don't care if they were good friends. Good friends wouldn't jeopardize my job.

11. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

I'm not into drugs really and I don't do them on a regular basis...actually I haven't really done any except pot a few times (hey I'm from BC ;) lol) anyway I wouldn't do drugs while working at Disney but I've always kind of wondered what it would be like to get high and go on the rides lol. Imagine being on Space Mountain or Soaring or something that actually might be too trippy lol. Not that I would do that ;)

Anyway I think sitting down and talking to your roomies when you first meet is a good idea. I've never liked or been good at telling ppl what to do. And I don't want to be a nag or a downer or have to rat ppl out but I'd rather be a rat working for the mouse than fired cuz of someone elses mistake...I'd definitely give them a warning first though (I hope I have the nerve lol)

12. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

tinkithink,
    yeah, I totally fell in love with the place, and if I were going back, I would never do anything to jeapordize me landing a career with them. However I am not going back on any of the programs. I am, on the other hand, thinking about going back and working for them. But then I would be living on my own, and they would have noting to do with what I do on my sparetime.

Hey ~Disney_Princess~
    I'm totally up for gettin' high and doing some of the rides. Soarin' would be hilarious.
    Or what about It's a Small World... damn...
    Or Tower of Terror.... or, hm... future world might actually be enjoyable

13. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

we are defiantly from the same b.c. lol

but i def will not do any drugs when im down there, but im not gunna lie and say alcholol will never touch my lips

14. ~Disney_Princess~

I already freak out a little bit on the tower of terror at least the first time i go on it...even though i've been on it alot before so i don't know...i might have a heart attack or something if i went on it high lol. but i bet It's a Small World would be good or Expedition Everest oh and you know the Heffalumps and Woozles part in the Winnie the Pooh ride?? haha and imagine what the fireworks and fantasmic would be like? lol

oh and I was wondering are you allowed to have alcohol in your apartment at all even if you're of age? Obviously not in a wellness apartment i know.

15. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Oh yeah, I've never been on that ride, but the Heffalump part in the movie, I love it.. and the song, it's amazing, that would be trippin' watching that while high...
    or the part where dumbo gets drunk in "Dumbo" (duh), the "pink elephants on parade" part.. watching those scenes would be a ball...
    aaaaaah, the fireworks would be soooo amazing...
    or attending Mickey's not so scary hallwoween party high... wow :D

yeah, you can have as much alcohol as humanly possible in your apt, as long as you live in a non-wellness one. I usually had a bottle of Jäger in my apt. a nice way to kick start the day, wouldn't you say

16. ~Disney_Princess~

haha you gotta love those jagger bombs lol
    I'm kind of going by the rides in Disneyland cuz I've only even been there not Disney World. But I'm kind of assuming WDW has pretty much all the rides in DL and then some.
    And just one last detail about alcohol in your apartment....are you still allowed to have it if there are a few under age ppl living with you? Haha it must sound like this is my main concern lol. It's not really lol I don't even really drink that much I'm just curious ;)

17. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Yeah right, that's what everybody says ;) They go over there, having never had a sip of alcohol their entire lives, and they return home as full blown alcoholics.

Yeah, I guess (Guess.. as I've never been to Disneyland) most of the rides found in Disneyland can be found in WDW as well...
    and yes... and then "some".. (you know they have 3 extra parks down there ;) )

If there are under 21 folks living in your apt, you're living in a wellness apt, and then, no, alcohol is kinda "frowned upon" (meaning termination - deportation - execution)

18. ~Disney_Princess~

haha it sounds like you get sent to the gallows or something lol

oh ok so that's what make it a wellness apartment. and i think i'll be able to control myself when it comes to drinking lol

and yeah i know WDW is like 6x the size of DL hehe i can't wait to explore it ;D

19. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Yeah, but if they put you in a wellness apartment when you're over 21, it's only because there's no room in the other apartments. So they'll move you as soon as there's room ;)

20. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

Which would totally suck, if you like to drink and are over 21.
    And, Princess, you'll probably be able to contain yourself all up until 8PM or so your first night there, and after that there's a party every day.
    I actually think the Canadian girls have their own sort of "sorority", like the Canadian guys, and the Norwegian guys and girls, and the Brits, and the French and German.
    I think the Mexicans also had something like that.