alcohol under 21

Discussion in 'ICP Applicants Discussion' started by whereyourdreamscometrue, Apr 9, 2008.

1. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

haha yeah us Canadian girls can get pretty crazy ;)

i've heard about different countries party nights. i believe that the canadian ones are or were on mondays. they sound like fun ;D

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I think most countries have them on mondays, at least Norwegians and Brits do...

3. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah, the designated party night for the various coutries who actually had those girl/guy groups, was monday...
    however I heard the Norwegians changed it to tuesday... so dunno if the other countries changed as well...
    it would suck if they had different days, as that's THE party night..
    so if norway was out on tuesday, and the rest were out on monday... it would be mildly lame

4. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

What are the chances of an underager getting caught

like im not going to get full blwon drunk all the time

but like a say, i may have a drink here and there...maybe two or three ::)

5. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Depends on you really! I wouldn't risk drinking on PI, but all the non Disney places is okay. In the apartments it's no problem really. Just be careful if security is close by.

6. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah... and never carry any alcoholic beverages with you while out and about in the complexes... if you're partying and going from one apt to another, have someone carry your booze.
    if you really have to carry it yourself, you should either look old enough to drink, as long as security has no idea how old you are, or you should be in a huge group of poeple, so security has no chance of spotting you.

As tink said, drinking in apt's is no problem, .. but if it's a non-wellness apt. be sure security won't be coming by for some "random" checkups.

I was underage the first 8 months I was there.. and I did pretty well.

7. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yeah, if someone in my W.A. wanted to drink and went somewhere else to do it, I wouldn't turn it in, as long as they weren't keeping alcohol in the room. What you do on your own time is of no concern to me!!

8. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

gawrsh i wish i was 21 when i went down, but honestly i can not wait any longer

how often are secruity random checks?
    and can you be at a party as long as your not drinking and be okay?
    or is it like here if they catch you there they FLIP

9. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

They usually don't have any random checks unless they have reason to suspect anything or there's much noise or something. If you're not drinking they can't take you for anything, just never EVER hold anyones booze no matter what!

10. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

some roomies and I were having some beers one time in our wellness apt., when some b.i.t.c.h. was there, as she totally flipped out on one of my roomies, so she went and got security.. so we ran outside and hid all the beer in some bushes..
    that's just some of the stuff you have to be aware of... if you're drinking in a wellness apt.. be sure you can get rid of it asap.

11. David2008

David2008 New Member

Hey,
    I won't be 21 when I'm staying a year at Disney World, so I'm wondering if it is allowed to stay at a party at the commons where the ones over 21 are drinking alcohol und you don't? Or is it forbidden to stay in a room with someone who is legally drinking alcohol?
    And what happens when they catch you drinking alcohol? Do you have to leave the US in one day and also get a complaint for breaking the law or what happens?

12. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

You're allowed to be at parties, but if they catch you drinking or just holding someone's alcohol you're in trouble. I believe you're always termed if you get caught drinking underage, because you're breaking the law...

13. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

Yeah, especially 'cause Disney is responsible for us while we're there. That's what all the visa forms mean, if you read them.

14. mousefreak

mousefreak New Member

so basically be smart about it and your good to go,

at least thats what i get out of this

15. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

yeah, just be smart about it. I was down there for 8 months being under age, and it went pretty well, just don't get caught with alcohol on your person, or showing that you are drunk.. and you'll be fine

16. ~Disney_Princess~

What if you're 21 and over and you do get really drunk?? Not all the time of course and not so much that you cause a big problem...but if it's pretty obvious that you're wasted do you get in trouble? Not that I'm planning on it or anything lol ;)

17. Mauro

Mauro New Member

as long as you have points in your record to spare and call in sick the next day for work .....ther is no problem.....The problem is when you show up late/drunk or with a hangover to work the next day. My roomie, i still dont know how...got wasted every night of the program....and still managed to finish the progrma ....He also had a very tolerant manager and a good schedule

18. ~Disney_Princess~

OK that sounds good. I always plan my drinking nights kind of around when I work anyway. I don't really drink if I have to work the next day, unless it's in the evening or something maybe

19. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I'm so relaxed that I leave September 9th and turn 21 July 25th.
    That was my only big worry.

I didn't like the idea of being of age and living in a wellness apartment simply because of how strict this rule was.

It scares me a whole lot.
    I'm not much of a tattle tale but I would feel very uncomfortable if people in my apartment were drinking under age.

20. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

you can be as drunk as humanly possible, you can even be sent to the hospital, and security would have nothing to say, as long as you're overage.
    but if you start dancing naked in the streets, smashing cars, jumping off of buildings, they're gonna start "asking questions".

and Tracey, when you turn 21 you have the option of moving to a non-wellness apt.
    but if you choose to stay in your old apt, just don't bring any alcohol ;)