And so we wait...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by DisneyMichelle, Nov 12, 2004.

1. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

Hey guys,

I got back from my interview a few hours and so the waiting begins!!!!

I had a pretty good day, apart from the nerve!. The presentation was amazing - makes me wanna go so much more!!! Am glad that I had my interview pretty early, was nice to get it out of thw way and have a relaxing drink!! (I know yours wasnt as relaxing at that point Dan!!)

I was interviewed by Julie and she was really nice. It was just like a chat with an old friend! Of course she asked questions about my home town and why I wanted the job but we also chatted about random things! Am happy with how it went but I guess you just cant tell!!

If we dont hear by December 10th we have to cal Yummy but hopefully we'll get to hear something before then - dont think I can bear the wait!!

Fingers crossed for the five of us that interviewed today!!!

Michelle xx

2. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey there!!

Wow only 5 people interviewed!!! And December 10, wow us canadians have to wait till the 17 to call!! NO FAIR! lol..where was your interview again?? BUt im glad it went well congrats!! I hope you get in!! Where all still waiting, well some of us are waiting to hear anything yet, including me!! :D ANyways relax now is the hard part ;)

Luv Trace

3. Andy

Andy New Member

there were more then 5, I think she just meant 5 from these boards!

The presentation really was just wow! this is the job for me! not to keen on the socks! Apartments look amazing!

I also had Julie, lovely lady! very informal, roundabouts were a big topic! (im from milton keynes its all i know) was so true what she was saying about people asking are there 4 countries in the uk and do we know the queen personally, because i have had them questions before when i have been over there! Does make you chuckle!

i got a Little key ring, so i feel its a win win situatioN! :)

......and the wait continues!!!!!!

4. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Hey guys ;D.
    I feel mine went quite well, but could have done better. On the train home I kept thinking 'Doh, I should have said that'. We had a chuckle at one point. Julie asked me how I would describe sticky toffee pudding to a guest, and I started by saying 'Well, i'd say it was a moist sponge......' She started laughing and informed me that an american would think it was the type of sponge you clean yourself with, as they don't have sponge cake, lol ;D. There was one question I couldn't answer though. I had brain freeze. That could seriously go against me :-\.
    Well, it's in the past now. I'll be eagerly awaiting Dec 10th. Good luck guys ;D
    Dan x

5. DisneyTracy

DisneyTracy New Member

Hey!!

Don't worry abotu the slip up, I think they understand that your nervus right?? So no worries, Everybody has little slip ups!!! For me I forgot my folder in interview room after I left!! lol, and the the lady came running after me to give it to me!! haha we laughed about it.. so it was okie!! lol it's wasn't a bad thing, she said that i was the 6th person to do it today!!

Luv Trace

6. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

Hey guys....am glad you had a great day!! sounds like you all did well and enjoyed yourselves!!

We're next, we're next, we're next!! I can't wait...you've made me want it to come round even sooner....and damn me being lame and watching old holiday videos and getting angry that I'm not in Florida...I want to be there SO bad at the moment!!

good luck everyone...be sure to keep us updated with how it goes!! finger and toes and everything crossed for you! :D big disney hugs and kissies!! :D :D :D

Ellen xxx
    P.S. how many people, roughly, were there at the interview?

7. Andy

Andy New Member

i would say roughly about 40, maybe less. Michelle can probably give you a better figure!

Has anyone heard yet, heard the phone this morning and thougth, its got to be then. then i remembered it was only yesterday! feels like ive been waiting for weeks! im gonna be going crazy until we hear!

8. DisneyMichelle

Ellen, Dan and I spent a while trying to work out how many people were there!! We reckon there was about 45 in total! (Getting to this total involved a lot of complicated mathematics - Dan will verify that!!!)

Dan - like you I keep thinking 'I wish Id said that' and 'I forgot to say this' aswell!!! I hate that we've got so much time to analyse what we said and every word that julie said too!! Its a nightmare!!!

Andy - I reckon the earliest we'll hear anything is a week on monday as theyre interviewing in Northern Ireland and Scotland next week - good luck to Donna in Scotland and Kerry in Northern Ireland!!

Michelle xx

9. Andy

Andy New Member

oh sweet jesus! that is a long time to wait! but we've waited this long so a few more weeks hopefully will be worth it!!!!!

10. DisneyMichelle

And we'll know for sure by dec 10th which is less than a month away so the wait wont be as torturously long as it could have been!!!

Michelle xx

11. Andy

Andy New Member

yeah i got the wole 10th of dec bit, but i was hoping it would be a lot sooner then that! i just dont want to see that letter come through my door!

12. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun! ;D I hope everything went well and that soon you'll get "the call"!!! Seems like the Disney people are really nice and put you (sort of! :D) at your ease as much as possible :D
    Crossing my fingers etc for you all!
    Charlotte x

13. emma

emma New Member

hey guys,
    well done for surviving!! i can see myself turing into jelly at the door! lol hope u all get it im sure u will.!!! ne tips u cud give me and ellen i think i speak for both of us wen i say theyd be MUCH aprecia8d lol!!!!! i cant wait until february my disney daydreaming is ruining my a level revision!! damn that cute mouse!

14. sneck77

sneck77 New Member

Hi everyone, glad you all enjoyed the day. It does sound exciting but I am starting to get really nervous now it is getting closer.

I just wanted to ask a few things about the day. Do they have a trivia quiz and what types of questions do you get asked? How long do the interviews last and is it in depth questions that they ask? What time did you leave at the end of the day?

Did they say how many positions are available at all?

I have prepared some questions to take with me but they will probably cover everything in the presentation.

Thanks for your help, from Donna :D

15. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hey everyone! the first chance im online & im in here

as michelle, andy & dan have said it was amazin, me & dan were totally in shock when we walked in, us all planning what memorabilia items we were going to 'take' with us haha.

aww dru & julie who were the recruiters from disney were lovely, i too had my interview with julie and i was the 1st interview, very very scary!! but i hung around 4 a while so michelle had her interview & dan, poor love had to wait.

was lovely meeting u guys, hope i didn't totally freak u out, and i will seriously never think about marmite or toad in the hole in the same way again!!

Sara xx

16. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Hi i'll try answer these questions as best i can for you donna

yes there is a trivia quiz but it is nothing heavy, its lighthearted & u win a 'fantastic prize' if ur correct if chosen, its done in the presentation not on a one to one basis.

the interviews are approximately 15minutes each, they scheduled times with us from 11:15-615pm. i was the first interview @ 11:15 but julie was late coming down to the rooms but mine lasted 20minutes as me & julie were having a random conversation about marmite!

as my interview was that time i cudve gone home 4 12, but i prebooked a train for late afternoon just incase, but if getting home & timing is an issue u can request an early time to either alexis or jason, well at least try, that's what i did and was first in. However i hung around in weatherspoons for a good 3 hrs afterwards with michelle & dan ;D

They did not specifically tell us how many positions were going to be available, i think this is due to the different start times as november interviews are recruiting for march-june starts. so some people will be going before others etc.

take the questions with u, they cover a lot of things in the presentation and give u a lot of information which is kinda hard to take in cos ur so happy 2 b there and ur kinda in a fantasy land *or that could just b me talking* but i would take them with u as in ur interview itself the recruiter will ask u if u have any questions for them @ the end, it looks good to be prepared incase there is a question u really want to know

as for the interview itself, mine was very informal more of a chat gettin 2 know u talkin about employment history what u did @ that job etc etc. then there was the odd, well what would u say abuot ur home town like in the phone interview & also the why should i hire you question? which i was sayin is hard to answer as u don't wanna come across as cocky or hesitate in answering.

if theres anythin else u want answer i'm sure myself, dan, michelle, andy or matt could answer for you.

Sara xx

17. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Marmite and toad in the hole, lol ;D. I just couldn't help laughing when Sara said they made Marmite where she came from. I don't know why, but I just found it comical. I am quite a random person. At one point Michelle did say she was scared of me, ha ha :D.
    Yeah, they ask trivia questions at the presentation which was amazing. Wish I had have put my hand up to answer somw, but was scared of getting them wrong. Well done Michelle for winning the ULTIMATE prize..... A blow up atlas with the Disney International Programme logo ;D.
    The interviews last about 15-20 mins, and you're free to leave as soon as your interview is over, you don't have to wait for everyone to finish. They started at 11.15, which Sara had, and the last person had there's at 6.15, so some people had to wait longer. Mine was at 4.30, but I was back home by 9 which isn't too bad. Thought it would be later than that.
    Like you Andy, I thought it was them when the phone rang. It's strange but it really does feel like the interview was ages ago!
    Thanks for all the good luck messages from you peeps, and good luck to everyone waiting to hear ;D.
    Dan x

18. SaraC

SaraC New Member

Dan that was seriously so funny when u totally cracked up about marmite in lloyds when we were havin our dinner hehe, we did hava good laugh. yeah michelle bein scared of u, im surprised ur all not scared of me i'm not all there!!!

yeah *claps michelle* star of the class ey? haha. i know dan we didnt win anythin :(

19. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

ah, guys...you're making me so jealous!! sounds like the day was an event in itself, never mind actually getting the job!! I'm sure me and emma will be the same in Feb....all nerves, jelly legs, uncontrollable excitement and totally in awe of everything....and so cool it's held in the Disney offices.....I've driven past there and they look so cool! :D I can't wait for february to come around now (cos it's my birthday too! :D)

10th of December is really early to have heard by (my last day of term too...whoo-hoo! :D)....Andy, I hate to think what you're like now bearing in mind how anxious you were to hear earlier on in the process! It's a shame it wasn't a day later...I was out in London last nite...could have come and had a drink with you guys to celebrate! :D

Michelle and Dan....how was the reunion??

Right, im off to watch another holiday video now and wish I was in Florida even more!!

Ellen xxx :D :-*

20. eeyore22

eeyore22 New Member

Yeah, it was great to see Michelle again (even though she was scared of me). I definately think I would have been 10 times more nervous if Michelle, Sara, and not forgetting Sara's friend Sara (confusing eh?) hadn't have been there. I owe you guys a lot.
    Shame you and Charlotte couldn't have been there Ellen, but you'll have a great time in Feb when it's your turn :D.
    I was just thinking, they didn't ask me the 'Why should we hire you' question, which they asked everyone else. I'm thinking Julie didn't ask me because she didn't want to hire me :-\.
    I'll find out soon,
    Dan x