Animation classes - was that you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TreacleMagic, Jan 22, 2011.

1. TreacleMagic

TreacleMagic New Member

This is a bit of a random one but I thought i would ask anyway.

I was in the MGM studios in May 2007 and my friend and I took part in the learn to draw Disney characters class. This is in the animation room after the talk with Mushu. Anyway, I noticed that there was a girl there who must have done the class for a good part of the day over an over again. At the time I though to myself she must really want to learn to draw as she is using up a good part of her ticket entry on this one part of the park and it just dawned on me that she could have been a cast member! Was that one of you? If so what a small world it really is!
    I have to admit that we did the class 4 times in the day to get to draw a different character and everytime we went back she was there straight out of one class and into the next!
    I love these little part of the parks where you can have more interaction and that one little moment has stayed with me all this time. I suppose its because I can completely understand why she was there. If I had all the time to learn to draw better is such a wonderful environment I would have done the same and probably will if i get the chance to work there myself.
    Anyway I'll stop rambling on now.

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I wasn't that girl (I'd already left my first program before then) but I'll admit I have done that! The class gets a bit busier now so it's quite hard to walk out of one and get straight into the next, but I was told on the CRP that they have 25 characters to choose from and so we tried to get them all. It really was nice to spend days there drawing and then dropping 13 stories and then going home to watch a movie. I think that's the one thing I really miss about working there; the ability to just pop to a park for a couple of hours whenever you feel like it!

3. Missish

Missish New Member

It's funny you should say that, because when I was there in May last year there was a girl who'd been going into all of the classes, one straight after the other. I'm pretty sure she was a cast member - she made a comment about being "friends with Wendy" so I'm guessing she was Wendy on a day off :D