Annual Postcards/Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tazzy, Nov 6, 2004.

?

Postcards or Christmas Card

1. Postcards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Christmas Cards

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Hello everyone,

Last year another a friend of mine on here did a Postcard and Christmas Card exchange from people on here. So, I'm thinking of doing something this time and I was wondering what you guys think? Would any of you be interested doing either? Once the poll is done, I will post a new post about what I'm going to do. Basically I would get you guys to message me their address and then I would send those address "privately" & "ONLY" to the people who are involve this card exchange.

So what do you think? :)

Gary

2. flavour

flavour New Member

my roomate (julia) took party in that last time, and i really regretted that i didn't! :( isn't there something like christmasy postcards? in germany we have poscard with x-mas-markets on there, so that would be like a 2-in-1! haha!!

later! flavour xoxo

3. cinderelli.jessy

cinderelli.jessy New Member

yeah, think this is awesome. i am very interested in doing this.

but cant make my choice yet... x-mas card or postcard :-\ :-\ :-\

will think about it.

later! jessy

4. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

LOL well we can always do both :)

5. tiggercharlotte

tiggercharlotte New Member

I reckon this time we make it a christmas card one since we're fairly close to christmas now ;D- it'll take some cards a few weeks to make it to their destinations if its world wide ::)!! We don't get christmas postcards over here so it'll have to be one or the other! :-\ Then maybe in a few months we could do a postcard one! ;D Then we'd spread it out a bit and get mail over a few months!
    Well, that's my opinion anyhow! ;)
    Charlotte x

6. cinderelli.jessy

well, you know, i think i dont care since i think charlotte is right ;)
    santa claus is coming to town..... ;D

anyways, can anyone explain how this whole procedure exactly works??????

will we start sending "real" postcards, or will these postcards be send by e.mail???????? Just wondering???? Oh, or is this only made for alumnies??? :-\ :'(

later! jessy

7. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Count me in!!

This sounds great and I love receiving post!! ;D ;D

Kerry

8. tiggercharlotte

No it's not just for alumnis-although they are welcome to join- it's absolutely anyone! And it's real cards, not email ones- so everyone gets lots of mail! ;D
    Basically the way we've done it before is that everyone who wants to participate messages the organiser (Gary- are you ok to do it?) and then once there's a number of us, he'll send out a message with everyones address on it. Then its up to you to send out the cards to the people on the list and we should all get cards from around the world which is really nice :D Hope this helps ;D
    Charlotte x

9. cinderelli.jessy

awesome, thanx for your reply,

count me in too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    jessy ;D

10. Andy

Andy New Member

I think postcards are better, send postcards of where your from. Sounds a good idea!!

11. flavour

flavour New Member

thanks charlotte! hahahaha!! :D :D :D

12. Tazzy

Tazzy New Member

Charlotte is right, ANYONE can join in :) I will try organizing this idea and I'll probably post something about it this week. I did this post to get an idea how many people would be interested. So far, it doesn't look like many people are interested :( Which is surprising because last year there was ALOT of people involve.

Gary

13. Louisa

Louisa New Member

Sounds cool. It will be allmoust like the maskes at kidcot! You can write something in you native language if you want.. At least I can..

GOD JUL!! (merry christmas)

I'm in!

14. tiggercharlotte

I think they'll probably be quite a few of us! Sounds like there's probably 6 of us already- and you only posted yesterday- give it a chance :D It'll be fun whatever ;D
    Charlotte x

15. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Hey I like getting mail...makes me feel semi-important.

Count me in :D

16. Tinks

Tinks New Member

Are you sure, Post cards from Portsmouth are quite boring!! he he

17. Louisa

Louisa New Member

well I don't think so.. it seems like everybody thinks there hometown is boring, but the idea of getting a postcard from who knows, China, Norway, France, FL etc. Doesn't that sound cool?

18. Rudy

Rudy New Member

how about a postcard sent in envelope?
    postcards always seem to get lost here! i reckon the postman has a nice collection.

;D

19. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

What a fantabulous idea!! count me in...I picked xmas cards tho, cos I have no idea where I could buy a remotely interesting postcard in this country!! :D

I love getting post! :D

Ellen xxx

20. Lourina

Lourina New Member

Hi guys,
    Haven't been on here in ages....Sorry :D
    I really enjoyed both the xmas-card and the postcards exchanges last year, ( If I can remember I think they ran simultaneously! ;) ) so good to get mail instead of bills :-\
    So count me in for this year.

Sabrina
    xxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.