Anxiously waiting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Lam

Lam New Member

I just cant content myself i cant get it out of my head and all i want to do is know!! LOL!
    But guess its all part of the game!!

2. adam87

adam87 New Member

hane any of you guys e-mail yummy to find out what is happening i would if i was you. if you have what did they say?

3. KC

KC New Member

How long did they say you'd be waiting at your interviews? Like, when did they say you could expect to hear?

Last year, I was told about a month-and it was about a month... This year, I was told about two weeks (last Friday), so maybe we all might hear within the next 2 weeks maybe?

KC

4. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

YES we have emailed and phoned yummy! as if we'd leave it 7 weeks without anything lol! especially when they told us 2 - 3! (we thought that was bad enough!) if you've only been waiting a week go back to our early posts - thats when we were all still sane! whatever youve been doingthe last week - try doing it for 7!!! - all they keep saying is that the US govt havent told disney what visas they can have yet and until that happens they cant offer jobs to H2B ppl

- i dont think we'd all mind so much if it wasnt for the fact that we're supposed to go on May 13th - just 5 1/2 weeks away! aah :-\ scary

5. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

this isn't really the place to come if you're after sympathy for having to wait a couple of weeks, coz we're all going crazy n it's SO frustrating that people who had interviews over a month after us found out before we did. Shouldn't be allowed!

6. simmyd23

simmyd23 New Member

Yea i gotta say i feel sorry for you guys - I'd be going nuts after 7 weeks!
    I feel bad that my group knew after a week and u guys have had to wait so long.

7. Rob Zal

Rob Zal Guest

This is getting so irritating now. We r supposed 2 b goin on May 13th! 5 weeks on Sun!! N if we get we stil need 2 sort out flights book a visa appointment in London (which is far away 4 me!!). How come ppl tht r goin in june n august have found out before us. I got an e mail from yummy jobs on fri sayin tht we could find out either within the next few days or weeks. Has anyone, who is supposed to be goin on May 13th, found out bout whether they are goin yet or any other infomation. Rob

8. EmzEms

EmzEms New Member

People going in June or August have found out because they have applied for a different program.

This is so awful for you guys! I really hope you find out soon!

9. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

you got an email from yummy on friday?? us lot havent heard much since about 3 weeks ago?? but i did speak to jason the other day said it was simply down to when the US gov got their as s into gear!

p.s. yes it is frstrating that EVERYONE else has found out n like 2 weeks n we're the ones left hangin!

10. Rob Zal

Rob Zal Guest

Yea like u sed i havnt herd from them 4 bout 3 weeks so on friday i emailed them n they wrote back straight away n said wat is goin on with them but they dont seem 2 have any idea neither. When i went last year i had my interview on a Monday n by the Saturaday i knew i was going and that was 5 months b4 i was goin. I tell ya one thing tho it is the best experience eva! Hence y me n my mate r hopefully off bac again. If ya need ny questions or wanna chat add me on msn crazyzal@hotmail.com. Rob

11. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Aw guys, why don't we know yet!!! I can't bare this any longer!!

Claire x

12. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

hiya yeh ive been before too and i just had a phone interview and foundout atthe end of the interview - hows that for a short wait! this one's killin me now as i know how great it is! a few of us got an email a few weeks ago tellin us about the visa situation - oh well hopefully soon!

13. acp

acp New Member

Yeah, I found out on the phone at the end of my interview last time, too.

Well.. You know you're getting desperate when in your waiting madness you release an update to a piece of software you wrote over a year ago :)

Andy.

14. j0hnyoung

j0hnyoung Guest

Who's your mate thats goin back? 8)

15. Rob Zal

Rob Zal Guest

It aint u jp im tellin ya tht lol

16. acp

acp New Member

I emailed yummy this morning (or last night.. whenever..).. They just said they're still waiting for the go-ahead from Disney.

On the positive side, I got a cheque for just under $100 for my US Tax refund this morning :)

Andy. What to buy with my newfound fortune of just under 50 quid..

17. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

does that mean they've heard from the US gov then? And now they're waiting to hear from Disney? I hope so!!!! I might email them myself, just so they don't forget about me :)

18. acp

acp New Member

Heh. I'm not sure. It just said...

All rather cryptic, really. I didn't know which person at Yummy to email, so I emailed Michele, since she was the one whos email address I had saved somewhere, and she was at the interviews.. :)

Andy.

19. hannahnyc

hannahnyc New Member

ooh how confusing - i reckon theyre doing it on purpose now! jason was at the interviews too and he (wihtout bein rude) often has more of an idea what goin on - going to email yummy myself now just to clarify whether we're waitin on disney or gov??

20. acp

acp New Member

Heh. Generally, if I email them I email whoever emailed me last. If I'm ringing them, I'll just talk to whoever answers the phone first :)

Andy. US Tax refund cheque now paid into bank!