Anxiously waiting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Feb 18, 2007.

  1. hannahnyc

    hannahnyc New Member

    yes it would have been seasonal - 6 months may - sept

    i know i thnk it does make it worse that we cant do it jut because of a legality - although at least it means we didnt not get the job because of something we did!
  2. acp

    acp New Member

    Oh my. :(

    That's kind of depressing.

  3. Rob Zal

    Rob Zal Guest

    Gutted beyond belief, dont think i cud possibly wrk at ny other place then Disney the experience i ad wrkin ther last year is 2 good (soz 2 all ppl tht havnt had tht oppportunity yet) looks like im guna hav 2 wait ANOTHER 7 months b4 i go. Bonus side at least i get 2 study at an american university, thts if i get tht lol Rob
  4. keithy

    keithy New Member

    hey guys im well gutted for everyone, can't believe after all this time, im really sorry 4 u all

    keith *hugs*
  5. JenniferK

    JenniferK New Member

    Thats horrible news :( Hope you are all Ok. I really do feel for you all.
  6. elusivemoose

    elusivemoose New Member

    I'm so sorry for all of you guys, that really sucks :( I don't know whether this is a good thing or not, but if you would have gotten on then you're more than good enough for them, so you should get onto another programme.

    Can't believe it took them so long just to come back with this though :( Hope there's something else that they can sort out for all of you!
  7. Clairey2302

    Clairey2302 New Member

    Aw guys, I'm gutted.

    Can't believe it, don't know whether to apply for the cultural program or not, would be good to go for a year!

    I'm in total shock, dunno what else to say, thanks to all u guys tho, think we have all kept eachother sane.

    Claire xxx
  8. keithy

    keithy New Member

    hey chick,

    i think u should call yummy n ask them if u can join our waitlist bandwaggon 2 go for the crp cuz after making u wait that long its abit harsh for u not 2 get sumthin
  9. Clairey2302

    Clairey2302 New Member

    Well I've emailed to say that I would be interested in it, but it's for Feb 08. That's alrite 4 me tho, I'm not at uni or anythin. I just wanna go lol!! I'm totally gutted like!

    Claire x
  10. keithy

    keithy New Member

    claire ive sent u a pm x
  11. CharlotteSparkle

    CharlotteSparkle New Member

    we've got to got through the interview again in November. Dunno whether I'm gonna do it coz it would mean putting uni off for 2 years. gutted, pissed off, upset...
  12. Clairey2302

    Clairey2302 New Member

    I'm exactly the same. Totally gutted and annoyed.

    I would also have to put off Uni. I can't believe we would have to go for another interview again. I spent a fortune the last time! Should get re-embursed! Spent so much money going for a job interview for a job that didn't even exist!!!

    Claire x
  13. CharlotteSparkle

    CharlotteSparkle New Member

    exactly, getting to/staying in London isn't cheap! I got the impression that they knew they were getting visas but they just didn't know hw many. Obv not. Now I'm trying to find something I can do over the summer - was gonna work in Canada through BUNAC but it's too late for me to apply now, so am not best pleased.
  14. Clairey2302

    Clairey2302 New Member

    Yeh thats what I thought too, I thought they just had to find out how many they would get. I dunno whats goin on.

    Oh well, looks like I'm stuck in sunny Scotland for the summer!! Lucky me!

    Claire x
  15. EmzEms

    EmzEms New Member

    Im so sorry you guys!
  16. elusivemoose

    elusivemoose New Member

    You could try CCUSA maybe?? They sent me something about still needing counsillors only a few weeks ago, and there's websites for gap year students that advertise summer jobs too, might be worth a try?
  17. PrincessJilly

    PrincessJilly New Member

    Guys I am so so sorry :'( x
  18. CharlotteSparkle

    CharlotteSparkle New Member

    thank you for that info, didn't even know that ccusa existed! just been looking on the website, think i'm gonna apply for camp councillor in canada :D makes me feel a bit better! There's actually a program on their website for a work america program on an H2B visa. Would be a bit ironic if i got that one.

    also, have been thinking about how utterly fantastic the 12 month program would be, so I'm def going for that one :D
  19. acp

    acp New Member

    Yeah, I might re-reapply for the cultural rep one (yes, it would actually be the third time I've tried for that program!). Need to have a little think first..

    I sent Jason an email last night, although given that it's now Easter weekend, I probably won't get a reply until Tuesday now.

    Andy. Still trying to work out what the moo happened yesterday...
  20. rachet

    rachet New Member

    im really sorry guys :-[ that sucks so much! but at least it wasnt that they didnt want you. although i dont know if thats a good thing or just more frustrating! both i guess... anyway, lots of hugs for you all :-[

Share This Page