Anxiously waiting...

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by CharlotteSparkle, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Yeh I sent Jason an email last nite aswell about the Cult Rep, so prob won't hear til Tues now.

I still can't believe it's all over. I want to go back to 'Anxiously Waiting' LOL :'(

Claire x

2. CharlotteSparkle

CharlotteSparkle New Member

I can't believe it's all over either. All of the waiting since last august, shot down. I'm a bit annoyed by having to interview again too, i think it's a bit unfair. Feb - Feb is awkward timing too uni-wise. I'm just trying to take my mind off it by looking for other ways to fill the summer, I couldn't bear staying home and always thinking that I should be in Disney.

3. acp

acp New Member

If it helps any, as far as I know, the cultural rep dates aren't necessarily going to be feb-feb.. They send people out on various dates.. Not sure how the dates are decided, though.. You could technically end up with something like June-June or Sept-Sept etc..

Andy. Also want's to be "Anxiously waiting" again :|

4. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Yeah, you can put down the latest date you'd be willing to start, I think. Or there was a bit on the form that said 'earliest possible start date' and 'latest possible end date' so you could put down that you wanted to go June/July, and then you'd be back in time for uni :)

Good luck with all the reapplying guys, really hope they take you for something xx

5. CharlotteSparkle

It still means waiting 2 years before uni though, or am i misunderstanding you?

6. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Yeh I doubt we would be able to go anytime this summer, which means we would be going to Florida from 08-09 which means we couldn't start uni till 2009. So dunno if it's worth that?

Claire x

7. CharlotteSparkle

yeah that's what I'm thinking. If we'll be interviewed Nov (which Jason told me) then we won't be leaving till early next year. But it's such a huge experience! I don't know what to do! I'm applying to be a camp councillor through ccusa so that's my summer sorted - only £300! flights included, bargain!!

8. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

Aw thats great Charlotte, I hope u get it.

Claire x

9. bambi_mad

bambi_mad New Member

Good luck with the camp councellor, sounds like good fun. Its also cheaper than Disney so you can use what you have left over to save for reapplying!!!

10. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

True... I know quite a few people that took 2 (or more!) Gap Years though- they say that so long as you're doing something then it's really good. But then you could also wait until after uni, and by then you'd be 21 as well... plus during uni there's always the summer programme, or the academic one :) Anyways, good luck with CCUSA!!

11. CharlotteSparkle

thanks for your support everyone :D

I've decided I'm definately going to go for the Cultural Rep program, and I've just paid for my CCUSA application, so I think I've got a busy year ahead of me!

12. Shivasauras

Shivasauras New Member

What a shambles! Im so sorry everyone

13. CharlotteSparkle

I think everyone's still in shock tbh. This outcome never even crossed my mind! Keep expecting to get an email saying they've been granted some visas but I know it aint coming!

14. Clairey2302

Clairey2302 New Member

I'm the same,in total shock. Expecting an email to come thru as well but I know it will never happen!

I think I will go for the Cult Rep Program too but Im not too sure. Don't know if it's worth spending all that money for the interview again?

Claire x

15. CharlotteSparkle

I know what u mean, I spent an absolute fortune getting to london from durham, and I guess it's even more for you from scotland. I made a weekend of it though, and I had a fab time going to all the tourist sights with my dad. I think I'm gonna do that again and take my boyfriend for the weekend or whatever, but I've got more than enough time to think about that. I WANT TO GO TO DISNEY!!!!!

16. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

hey there I am sorry to hear about the whole Disney thing may i ask which program was it that they screwed you with? i work for CCUSA doing the interviews and so forth so i may end up interviewing you as i am from newcastle. i hope that you get sorted soon. Sean

17. CharlotteSparkle

It was a new seasonal work program, H2B visas. We were told that Disney were waiting to see how many visas they had, and it turned out they didn't get any at all. It seems odd because they must have thought they were getting them, coz they told us about the new accomodation and everything. Doesn't look like they'll need it now though.

That's cool that you work for CCUSA, would be sooo weird if you interviewed me! I've paid for it, just need to get some references now. Only problem is that I'm not back at college till the 16th to get references from my tutor n teacher. hmmph.

18. stu_uk

stu_uk New Member

i paid ALL the CCUSA fees to go out to america this summer, before i heard that disney were letting ex-ICPs apply again. i have since cancelled my CCUSA application, losing about £350 in the process. i hope it's worth it :-[

19. seanny boy

seanny boy New Member

i also lost 350 with ccusa as i was going to do the work experience program with them i got offered a job in new Jersey at a theme park, but when i heard about the Disney program i had to go for it and when i got in i was gutted that i lost all that money but over the moon on the other hand, so even with working for them you still lose your money.
    regards to your references please get every thing sorted asap because the dead line for the program is the 14th April and then every thing has to be sent to America by the 20th. if you need to get references from else where it may be in your own interset to get them in. i hope you get sorted. Sean

20. CharlotteSparkle

wow that's soon! I'll just get references from work then coz i've got no way of getting in contact with any of my teachers. I guess I'll get my current manager, manager from prev job, and manager form second job I'm working now? I've only been working there a few weeks though lol! My prev manager has known me for AGES though. Better get a move on! Thanks for letting me know that!