Any arrivals on April 24th?!

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by disney_hopper, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Tan

Tan New Member

I'm a veggie too, but eat fish. Wal mart sell some really nice veggie alternatives like mince and chicken, so i can can bring some of that for us veggies, depending on what food we are eating!! x x

2. GABRICH!!!

GABRICH!!! New Member

yeah probably will be good if we decide what we're gonna eat til now, otherwise its gonna be harder there to do it, and that way if some of us go to wal mart on the first or second we could get stuff that we need (in case we would need something fresh or anything especial) so i suggest 2 options:

1. to bring something typical from each one's country and try to mix it in order to have a well dinner or...
    2. decide on something "easy" or not too complex to prepare there and divide it among everybody (e.g. one brings the salad, other one soda or whatever, other one the dessert, etc.)

what do you prefer guys?

3. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

good idea but - are we allowed to take food items into america?! i mean,those of us flying over from the UK? will they not go mad at customs if we have food on us?!
    I would take whisky but 1) i hate the stuff and 2) its expensive.... trying to think what else i could take/make...... i could make shortbread i guess?! ;D

4. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

I am going to try and bring some maple candies as well! I'm excited, 10 more days!

5. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

both ideas sound good.

6. GABRICH!!!

GABRICH!!! New Member

HEYYY!!! what happen with the 24's!!!!!!!!!!!!! we were in the 2nd page guys!! that can't be possible!!!...where are you?? we're almost levaing , come on!!!

11 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

10 more days!

OMG - I try and keep doing a random post going to keep us up to the top!

So excited to meet everyone!

8. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

still trying to get rid of that newbie title.

9. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

almost there

10. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

Hey dudes and dudettes,
    how are we all??? wow,time is flying by now - its so scary!!! :)
    Im nearly all ready to go now (yay!!) Im working this weekend and my last day is on monday! Going to do last minute shopping on Tuesday and getting my hair cut - having something new done for going away,hope it looks ok!!!!
    Il be here at my house untill Saturday (21st) and then my parents and little brother are taking me down to Glasgow to my sisters house. Staying there with them and will have to say goodbye to them on Sunday evening (really not looking forward to that part at all...... :'( ) and then il be at my sisters sunday night and monday!!! I have to be at the airport for 5am on the 24th,and my flight leaves at 9am and then - HELLO FLORIDA & THE 24'S!!!!!!!!!!!! I arrive at 3.30pm (Orlando Time!) so i should see you all in the evening (or at least il see the others from the UK at our throw in! and then you all within the first few days!!!)
    Its soooo soon!!!!! yay!!!!
    :)

11. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

what is everyone doing to get ready before they leave? are you doing any special family stuff? Going away parties?

12. erika_svart07

erika_svart07 New Member

You can take food into America, as long as it's not fruit, veggies, seeds or anything that can rot quickly enough, LOL
    Don't worry, Cadbury's will make it just fine ;) German chocolates too...

My last day of work is tomorrow!!! :D I had a goodbye dinner with some friends from work and next week, I have another meal from work, monday it's party day/night, so is friday...so is saturday but with the family...probably some movies with friends on saturday...aw aw aw and the week will be gone before you can say 24!

Can't wait to see you all ;D

13. imagic!

imagic! New Member

Hey everybody!
    I can't believe time is flying by so fast! I haven't started packing yet, even though I want to! but I have a real mess in my room trying to figure out what to take, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna end up packing the night before! lol
    Anyway, I'm glad to see you are all as excited as I am and I can't wait to meet you all!
    I think I will find out my arrival time next week, we should start to think about this arrival dinner you all wanna do!
    I believe the first night we all get dragged by our fellows from our countries but maybe we can do it the day after, what do you think?
    I can't wait!
    Keep posting

14. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

I only have 4 more shifts at work...and lots of meeting with friends...going away party on the 20th...then mostly spending the last few days with family...i can't believe its only a week and a bit away. its going by so quick...this is going to sounds dumb but what is going to happen the frist night?

15. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

STARTING TO FREAK OUT!

So much to do in 9 days!...When is everyone arriving, I can't wait to welcome everyone! Keep an eye on the Boards as I will be making a "24's in Florida" Thread when i arrive on the 22nd! I'll let you know my appartment so you can all chat!

Can't wait!

16. GABRICH!!!

GABRICH!!! New Member

hey soon....24's in da housee!! hehe and yeah we need a special room or even in this one we'll keep in touch as soon as possible, ok??....and about the dinner thing we're waiting for everyone's opinion, we´re a democracy! hehe (well because everyone is gonna cook or bring something hehe) ...what do you prefer from the last options??

17. Aaron Devlin

Aaron Devlin New Member

Hey,

My last shift at work is tommorrow, I am having my going away party on the 15th because my parrents are leaving for the Bahamas on the 16th and they don't get back until after I am gone. Lots of packing and organizing still to be done, and saying goodbye to friends. (Everyone wants to be my REALLY best friend now so they can come and visit and get the discounts) I don't mind ;D.

Oh Matt did you tell them all about the shirts? Matt designed an April 24s Logo and we are going to get it put on shirts. He can explain it better!

Hmm for the arrivals dinner, it may be easier to cook things, then we are not worried about getting in trouble at the aiports, but if we go thast route then I think it should be later in the week so we have time to get the ingrediants and prepare it. Also it would be neat if some did appys, some did main entres and some did desserts. I think our parents would appreciate the fact we were eating welll balanced meals. Just my opinions. What does everyone else think?

18. TravelBug

TravelBug New Member

I agree with aaron. It might be easier for everyone, and less of a worry in the airports. Hopefully no one would get into any trouble. It would be fun to have everyone cook something, there fav. dish maybe. Split it all up, some take apps. other main dish and finally desserts.
    Hey matt what do these shirts look like that you've designed? thats so great we'll have our own shirts. Greatest arrival group!!!

19. PrincessAshi

PrincessAshi New Member

i have an appy

20. Kerry J

Kerry J Guest

i thought we were going out for our arrival dinner? (maybe ive missed something,i apologise if i have!!) ;D