Anyone Canadians for Spring Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by nladams, Oct 7, 2010.

1. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I'm sure the toronto interviews will be held at The Grand hotel. they always are. if they are, there is a Caseys practically next door to it or a short walking distance to Jack Astors. (and a few blocks from the eaton centre)

2. jslussier

jslussier New Member

Casey, last october interview's was at Ryerson University Ted Rogers school of management right next to dundas square...

3. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

they must of messed up then with the info they gave me, cuz the email I got for the fall interviews said the grand too but I was on the ship so I couldn't attend. I interviewed at the grand for my first contract and the cruiseline. thats why I assumed. my bad.

4. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Casey are you on the facebook group thats trying to organize a dinner? :)

5. 2_five_three

2_five_three New Member

hihi!
    Im new, first post, whoo!
    I just had my phone interview on Friday morning before work, was a nervous mess all day, second guessing myself.
    This morning I got the email asking me to choose what location id like to attend the interview at!
    I said Vancouver obviously since Im from here. :p
    So i'm waiting for my conformation for my interview.
    so excited!!!!

6. kate003

kate003 New Member

Congrats! That's so exciting! We have a facebook group for people going to the Vancouver interviews for maybe going for dinner the night before or night of the interviews!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_183391955025916
    i don't know if that will work...

7. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

No I'm not cdneeyore... whats the addy to it and I'll go join! :)

8. nladams

nladams New Member

Just look up "Future Cast Members :)" ...that's our group ...im working on posting a seperate event called "2011 Toronto CRP Dinner" which I will send out and update with restaurant details once the interview location has been confirmed ;D

9. 2_five_three

2_five_three New Member

so i hate facebook right now.

I havnt told anyone except for my family and one girl at work that ive applied for the program.

and I joined the vancouver group only because i knew my settings on facebook wouldnt publish what groups im apart of. i was wrong.
    my friend text me saying, um your disney thing isnt a secret anymore, its all over my news feed.
    since the new profile switch over i dont know how to make it not announce what groups im in. so i had to take myself out of the group.

I still wanna meet up and have dinner with everyone tho!

10. kate003

kate003 New Member

oh dear! Sorry about that!! We'll for sure keep you in the loop about plans to meet up! I never told anyone when I first interviewed besides my family either...this time the cat's waaayy out of the bag and it makes it worse! haha. But I have a pretty amazing back up plan so I'll survive either way, although I want the program soo badly! As everyone does :)

Now we just have to wait on those locations...

11. nladams

nladams New Member

I know how you feel im in the same position right now...im trying to keep my disney talk to a minimum on facebook in case my boss sees it...I did create the event on FB for the dinner but tried to make the title of the event as obscure as possible so they wont really know what it's about LOL......it's been really hard not to share the excitment though!!

12. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

It's a hard decision to make.. and i created the BC group.. you can let me know what your name is.. and i can take you off.. or you should be able to yourself. I know last time i interviewed i told EVERYONE.. and the way Yummyjobs made it sound was the interview was to just make sure you were who you were and you weren't some crazy person.. but i was really wrong.. and then i was put on the wait list.. so i told everyone i was probably going.. and then i had to tell everyone i wasn't.. and then a month later i got a date.. and had to tell everyone again. So originally i wasn't going to tell anyone i was applying.. but it's hard when there's so many re-apps.. you know the names.. and then people start talking.

And i'm really behind and haven't been on here in like 3 weeks.. i got my interview date too, and i'm confirmed for vancouver!!
    soo excited, but i'd really like to know where are location is.

13. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Yeah I've been told the same thing morrs that they are just verifying you aren't crazy yet I read into it and really I heard they take between 30-50 depending how much they need, and they waitlist. I hope they are able to say how many they are hiring at interviews:)

14. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Yeah.. i think it varies every year. Like the area managers and such send over rough numbers to yummyjobs and then they keep in close contact for exact number i'm assuming when it gets closer. The opp list is a really good idea, but it's really hard on the applicants.
    The year i applied was right as the recession was hitting North America, so they had low numbers..and i was worried i wasn't going to get called because of it.. but i must have been near the top of the list. ;)

I would like to know how Yummyjobs chooses people off the list for the program.

15. raysdaves

raysdaves New Member

This interview about the phones is great it gives the lot of knowledge about the phone applicants .Thanks for sharing it with us.

16. kate003

kate003 New Member

if they only take 30-50 people...aren't there like 50 interviewing in each city? that's such a low percentage of who they would be taking....freakY!

17. brad

brad New Member

last time i interviewed in toronot they hired pretty much everyone at the interview. id say there was about 30 of us.

18. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I went when Cast-A-Way did the hiring for my ICP in 2008. LOVED every second of it, had a signed recommendation from my managers saying they'd take me back no questions. Brought that to my ICP interview with Yummy Jobs in 2009, and did NOT get hired, even though I'd scrub Mainstreet with a toothbrush. I did a couple presentations at the local college, TALKED to YJ while there before this, etc, all seemed good and then BAM a rejection in the middle of the night. Applied again, and didn't even make it to the face to face interview. Asked for reasons why, I was promised that they'd get back to me, and they never did, which is extremely disappointing.
    Applied to the Cruise Line, still run by Cast-A-Way and was hired on the spot. Have called WDW & if I work my own way through the visa process, I have a job. Yet YJ think I'm not a good candidate ....

There's no point in trying to guess who's going, when they're going, why they're going. It makes no sense. I know people who got to go who didn't even want to, and the turned down someone whose entire life is Disney (aka me).

19. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Ty, they didn't hire everyone AT the interview, right? you meant like everyone who attended the interview got it?
    And i'm assuming this is Ty. :D

20. cdneeyore

cdneeyore New Member

Uhm in the email chain i think there is around 50ish so i assume there is more than 50 but not too much more?