Anyone Canadians for Spring Interviews

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by nladams, Oct 7, 2010.

1. kaity788

kaity788 New Member

Hey guys!
    I have applied for the ICP program and stumbled upon this post and noticed that you guys are trying to organize a dinner for before the interviews in Vancouver? I know this is the CRP forum, but I was wondering if you guys are including ICPers that are also interviewing on the 25th. I am flying in on the 24th and probably staying in a hotel downtown somewhere by myself for the first time ever haha. If I could maybe be included in this dinner it would totally help with my nerves of being in a city I don't know a whole lot about the night before such an important interview! There are just a few people that are in the Disney ICP 2011 - Canada group on facebook that are going to Vancouver and we haven't really mentioned a dinner or anything yet. So ya let me know if you wanna do a joint dinner the night before or if you guys are doing your own thing!

2. kate003

kate003 New Member

Hey Kaity!

I'm totally speaking for myself, but I think everyone is friendly and would agree that you guys are more than welcome to come for dinner with us!! We're all going to be nervous the next day, and especially since you don't know Vancouver it'll be nice and hopefully help calm the nerves a bit. We were thinking of probably Red Robin on Robson Street because it's pretty central to downtown and super casual. Look for the CRP Vancouver interviews group on facebook, and we can get something going between the two groups, figuring out times and such. The other suggestion for a restaurant was Cactus Club which is on Burrard and West Georgia, which is also pretty central downtown, so we can all discuss :)

3. tinkithink

tinkithink New Member

I was around for those interviews - he means they hired everyone AT the interview. Believe it or not, in 2008, both programs were almost cancelled for Canadians, especially Ontario-wise.

4. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

Sooo I'm really excited and nervous about the upcoming interview. Only 10 days left!!!!! :eek:
    So does anyone have any suggestions on how to prepare for the interview??
    I know the main thing is to have a positive attitude, smile and be enthusiastic about the program. I've actually been practicing what I'm going to say in the mirror LOL
    I'm imagining they're going to ask why I want to work at Disney, maybe some questions about my current and previous jobs, something about Canada/BC.....any other questions I should be prepared to answer?

Thanks ;D

5. ariella

ariella New Member

They will ask the questions you thought of for sure. Think of interesting things about where you are from because they want to know what you can tell guests about where you live. The rest of the questions I find will vary depending on who does your interview. When I had mine there was two recruiters and one did the morning interviews and the other did the afternoon interviews. The morning people had different questions than the afternoon ones (minus the normal why do you want to work for Disney/Tell us about your hometown questions). For my second ICP I had more customer service related questions and for the CRP I had more personality based questions so it is tough to predict. My one big tip is never stop smiling! From the moment you arrive at the interview location to the moment you leave, don't stop smiling. Trust me they notice :)

6. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Ariella is right! Don't stop smiling. I know they ask a few situational questions. I'm nervous cause i've done the program before.. and i've heard re-hires are interviewed together and they compete against each other. They asked really different questions for the phone interview.. so i'm assuming this interview will be no different.

7. ariella

ariella New Member

When I interviewed to do my second ICP, they had all the alumni interview together. In fact, I had to interview with one of my friends from the program lol. When I interviewed for the CRP, I interviewed with a new applicant but I was the only ICP alumni at the interview so maybe that was why (there was CRP alumni). The two big questions they will for sure ask is why you deserve to go back and what you would get out of doing a second program. Before the interview, I sat down and wrote my answers to those two questions since I had a feeling those were the make or break questions for getting rehired. Good luck everyone with your interviews, I'm sure I will be seeing all of you in Florida later this year :)

8. kate003

kate003 New Member

thanks for all the kind words and the help ariella! You've done so many programs! that's awesome!

9. snowwhite2

snowwhite2 New Member

What would interest me the most is how you answered those questions. Some insight?

10. ariella

ariella New Member

@Kate-Aww no prob! I love your blog btw. I started reading it before my face 2 face and it's been great help!

Well for why I wanted to go back, I mentioned how Disney helped me grow as a person and helped me gain more confidence. I said that being able to go back would give me the chance to work on those skills some more which would be beneficial for my degree. I also talked about how I loved being part of the Disney team and enjoyed carrying on Walt's legacy and providing magic to the guests. I also talked about how the ICP was different from the CRP since with the ICP you didn't get much of a chance to live with people from different cultures (my first program 4 of my roommates were Canadian and one was from Wales and my second program all my roommates were from Canada) and how that is something I really wanted to experience. I hope that helps :)

11. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Thanks Ariella!! I've been freaking a little on the questions because i couldn't remember what they were. But those two i can for sure see them asking!!

12. ~Disney_Princess~

Thanks for the advice guys. Only a week to go now!!! :eek:

13. chelseaw

chelseaw Guest

Woohoo!

14. ariella

ariella New Member

No prob :). Another thing I thought of is they might ask about your role choices and why you would want to do food and bev again or merchandise again if you put that as your #1 choice. The rest of the questions the recruiter asked me were personality based, about traditions and my hometown, or about my current job. Good luck everyone, I miss the whole Disney interview experience!

15. ~Disney_Princess~

Hey All!!
    3 days till the interview now! :eek:
    I've got a question about the Role Checklist. I thought I would just check all the roles (F&B, Merch and Attractions) because I really wouldn't mind doing any of them. But I really want to do F&B the most. So is it better for me to just check F&B or check them all?

16. ariella

ariella New Member

You will have to number the roles you want in order of preference so you can definitely mark off all of them and put F&B as your #1 choice. That's what I did and ended up with food and bev :)

17. ~Disney_Princess~

OK great that's what I'll do.
    Thanks ariella :)

18. katie217

katie217 New Member

I just wanted to say good luck to everyone at their interviews! The whole process was really fun for me, and I'm sure everyone else at the last interviews in Oct. I'd suggest trying to meet as many people there as you can because Kristen and the Disney recruiters are watching everything that happens. ALWAYS smile!! Good Luck!!

19. kate003

kate003 New Member

So the Vancouver Interviews are over and now it's on to Toronto and Montreal! The day went well on the West Coast for most people I think, at least it was fun and I met a ton of fabulous girls! (So many girls...where are all the guys?) It's going to be super hard for them to choose! Just wanted to say good luck out east..and hurry up and interview already so we can find out what happens!! Waiting is the tough part .. and it's only just begun :)

20. nladams

nladams New Member

to all the fabulous people I met in Toronto...thank you so much for all your support and good luck to all of you!!

For all those in Vancouver/Montreal hope your interviews went well too!!

Here's hoping to seeing you all in Orlando fall 2011/spring 2012 ;D