Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

f2f is going to end up being in the same week as the london marathon, is going to be something out of a monty python sketch where random hopefuls on their way to the meet will get washed away with a bunch of runners.

2. fit men running? thats cool.

3. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Well said Jasper :) I might come along just for that lol.

I wonder how they would react if I just turned up at the f2f interviews without being invited? Would it show determination or stalker qualities? lol

(I would never do that by the way)

4. I think it would be slightly hilarious, especially if u were like 'Michele, we spoke remember???'

Jeez!!!!!

5. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I can just imagine being dragged out, thrashing and screaming, by security... or people in angry Mickey suits lol.

Glad to hear your phone interview went well. Hopefully you'll be able to relax for a few weeks now :)

6. that is so something i would do, although it would be less thrashing and more crying and begging! LOL!

Yea i do feel alot more calm, like okay its totally out of my hands, i cant re-adjust my cv, or write anything. Its done, so gonna have to accept decision.

7. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

you could run in the marathon in a mickey suit holly, then you have the element of surprise when you bombard the f2f. :D

8. Holly, did u send a email to yummy asking for a reconsideration

9. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Jasperjimmy - Yeah, I sent it the evening of the rejection email. I know a few others have also done the same and not heard anything back so I'm assuming YJ are busy doing the phone interviews and won't be getting back to us for a while.

I'm not overly optimistic but my highs are up a little. :)

I don't think I could RUN the marathon but I might be able to manage WALKING some of it. Now where would I find a good Mickey costume ... hmm *schemes*

10. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

I'm more excited than nervous. It wasn't the phone interview I mucked up before - it was the face-to-face (I went for it last time).

Looking forward to having another crack at the whip! Fingers crossed!

11. How did u muck up the f2f, if u dont mind me asking :-\

12. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

I don't know, in the e-mail they said there were too many applicants to get back to individuals on where they'd gone wrong. However, in retrospect (going by my own judgement) I think I was too quiet in the waiting area (before the interview - they're assessing how well you interact at ALL TIMES); in the actual interview I gave my reason for wanting to go being it was the most convenient job abroad I could find because you were guaranteed work. Whereas another work abroad programme might not guarantee that (in other words I didn't say about a passion for Disney being the deciding factor); I said that I'd been to Disney World before when I was a kid, but when he asked me what I remembered I couldn't remember a lot... Oh, and I was late getting to the place because the trains were up the creek - so if I get that far this time I'll stay overnight in a hotel.

You know, it's just stuff where nerves are making you not use your head and say stupid things half the time.

13. Oh baby, not to be mean but sounds like a train wreck (lol)

Yea if we get to go next time, when we stay the night before and we should meet some people of here for a drink so u know the folk, and when u go in to the interview u will be more comfortable and know folk. Thats my idea anyway!

P.S i hope the train wreck doesnt get my bitch slap, but honey, that just sounds like one bad thing after another. Trains mucked up, late arrival, nervous, foot in mouth! Sorry!

14. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

LOL... I'm notoriously bad at interviews!

Yeah, everyone who gets an interview should meet up beforehand! I think I've added you on Facebook - robot pose? :D

15. ctravis

ctravis Guest

I am sorry that happened to you last time hun....
    I hope this time u will do well in ur interview. Which one have u applied for?xx i am christina by the way!

16. oui, i am the robot master, a thank u!!!

p.s stay clear of christina travis, she is out of her mind!

17. ctravis

ctravis Guest

cheers robot master.....clearly ur the head case ha ha. i am gonna say christina travis yes is a head case but only when it comes to JASPER haaaaaaaaaaa im gonna get u now and ur little dog too. but apart from that she is super lovely and full of cheer and super nice in everyway.
    JASPERRRRRR jasperrrrrrr where r u? am gonna get u ding bat. lolololol

18. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

Are you on the Book of Face, mad girl? :D

19. okay everyone may have thought i was kidding but i mean c'mon:

She has clearly got mental issues!

20. ctravis

ctravis Guest

hehehe yep jasper is right! ;D but hey ho he still loves meeeee.
    my face book is christina rowshan - travis. muawwwww
    Jasper that is it, i am gonna slam dunk u