Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. how was everyones weekend??! Anyone interviewing tomorrow, if so good luck!

2. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

Was going great until the end of the australian tennis open, i've been sulking for the last 3 hours over it :mad:

hope everyone has a good week.

3. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I loathe my car!

4. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

My weekend was good :)
    I had work today and everyone was pleased for me that I got a phone interview.

Ahhhhh it's tomorrow!!!!!!!
    I'm excited and nervous :) :-\

5. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Good luck sweetie :) and I hope everyone enjoys the snow xx

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Thank you :)

7. Good luck babe

8. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Good Luck hun xxx

9. im thinking that freezing myself for 2 weeks will make this waiting stuff, a lot easier.

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Right, I just had my phone interview.
    I feel like it went well- but I don't know what they really look for when they ask you the questions, so who knows!!
    I had Michele who was lovely, so I don't really know why I was getting myself nervous to be honest :)
    It's just a waiting game now!!

Good luck to everyone who still has theirs to come :)

11. Jd

Jd New Member

Hi everyone

I have got my phone interview on thursday, i am really nervous.
    What type of questions do they ask?

12. Hey Jd, welcome!

I had mine on friday they asked,

1. Motivation for taking part
    2. How i would handle living and working in heat
    3. How I think I would get on with everyone
    4. Work Experience
    5. Tell me abit about your town
    6. When's the earliest I could start

As far as i can tell everyone is getting pretty much the same, so i wouldnt worry as the questions are quite straight forward.

13. Jd

Jd New Member

Thank You

14. I think the phone interview is more to see how well you can carry on a conversation really.

15. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

just been having a bet with some mates as whether the phone interviewer will be able to get into work to make calls. I imagine if they go in today then no problem for tomorow. hope they've got good heating.

16. omgholly

omgholly New Member

I'd imagine they can work from home if necessary?

I didn't go into work today but thats cos my car is dead - I managed to break the turbo :( I had fun digging the car out from under the snow to take it to the garage lol.

How have you all spent your snow day?

17. Scotland had light snow today, but the weather forecast says that the next 2 days is going to be very heavy, with -6°C in my neck of the woods. And looking outside my window right now, it is chucking it down with snow. So maybe tomorrow i will get to make some yellow snow!

What'd u get up 2

18. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

eee my interviews in 21/2 hours. been for my morning jog and nearly died on the ice i'm taking it as a good omen.

19. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Good luck for the rest of the application process guys :)

I just had an email confirming that they won't be able to offer me an interview this time around so I shall have to wait until August and try again. Hopefully I'll get to see some of you out there next year. xx

20. disney.freak

disney.freak Guest

Well holly, i only just found out about this scheme, so i missed the application for this year, totally! but i will be applying in august too, i sooo cant wait :)
    Congrats to everyone that has got interviews :D