Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Does anyone know when we'll start hearing back from them about if we are successful for a phone interview?

This is directed at the people who have already been through the application process, so I was wondering how long it took them to hear?
    Also will they confirm to us if they have received application? Because my worst nightmare would be if it hadn't gone through properly =S

2. Well the interviews are taking place sometime in february aren't they? So I presume they will start getting in touch from late january onwards.

I imagine they wouldn't contact you to say they had received your c.v. as they are probably busy, but im sure they wouldn't mind you emailing to confirm they had it!

3. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Ah okay thanks =]

Well I'm sending my application off tomorrow, so after I've done that I'll probably email in a couple of days just to check that they received it.

4. mushu

mushu New Member

If you want reassurance then its best just to check as I have actually come across people on here whose applications were never received by Yummy and as such they missed out, which would be gutting.
    I did recieve a confirmation e-mail when I applied last time, but we didn't do it through the website like you guys do now...

It was three weeks before we heard about phone interviews (got an e-mail asking what time would be best for us) and then a week after that I had my phone interview.

5. yup, as mushu has said, i can imagine the same will probably happen this time. but because of this whole online profile thing you'd be best contacting for confirmation.

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I had seen cases where Yummy never received their application, so that's why I wanted to check. I sent my application off a moment ago, however I'm not sure If I like the website way as there is only space to upload your CV and not a cover letter. Therefore I had to email my cover letter seperately. I did receive a confirmation email saying it had been received, and at the bottom of the cover letter email I sent, I also asked if they could confirm that they had received both parts. Just to make sure!! ;D

7. everyone is so equally excited and desperate for this, it makes me feel less stupid! lol.

8. mushu

mushu New Member

We're all in this together right?
    Gosh I was impatient the first time round - this is gonna be a nightmare!

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I get excited about anything to do with Disney so it's fine =]
    Everyone is in the same boat.
    I know that I'm going to be terrible when it comes to being patient. :p
    What is everyone applying for? F&B or merch?

10. Well im i a restaraunt floor manager, and one day I wanna run my own, so im applying for F&B as its the only one that is connected to my future job u know?

plus ive always worked in hospitality so.

11. mushu

mushu New Member

I'm going for Merch, cos that's what i've got nearly 5 years experience in and what I applied for last time.

If you're undecided, your best bet is to go for FnB as that's where 80% of the positions are for... unless you want to do Merch of course and have experience there!

12. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hmm and ya'all best remember to SMILE! :)
    and laugh
    and be friendly
    and not to ramble
    and go on and on and on
    but i did
    but thats not the point
    then all go to HARRADS afterwards :) aha
    London is funtimes :) x

13. mushu

mushu New Member

...and meet someone as crazy lovely as Michelle here ^ and take a little touristy trip around London and make the most of it whilst you're there!

Where's that vlog you promised???

14. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

I'm torn between F&B and merch ..... on the one hand I've got plenty of F&B experience, but I really quite fancy trying merch, cos it'll be something a bit different.

D'ya think you are more likely to get accepted if you put down F&B as your preference?

15. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I would prefer merch because I've only ever worked in retail, but to be honest I don't mind doing f&b as it's something new and different!!
    I think If I get through to f2f then I'm going to be asking for some tips!! :D

16. mushu

mushu New Member

I would say that you really have more chance of getting accepted if you put down FnB and have experience in it too...

Hmmm, if you have experience in retail that'll definitely stand you in good stead for applying for Merch, but the split is 80/20 in favour of FnB so they are looking for a lot more FnBers.

I just know that I don't think I could do FnB, so I'm just going for Merch and hoping that I don't get Wait Listed again!

17. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

You dont think you could do F&B? Why ever not? There is nothing quite like going home at the end of the day, five different types of sauce down your uniform, squashed chips stuck to the bottom of your shoes, sticky and sweaty from hanging around hot kitchens waiting for food, your skin covered in a layer of grease from the deep fat fryers - can't beat it! :p

18. mushu

mushu New Member

Hmmm, after careful consideration, I think I'll stick to Merch!!!

19. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

haha, I'm thinking the same Mushu :D
    And am I right in understanding that if you do merch, that includes sometimes doing kidcot as well?

20. mushu

mushu New Member

Yes it does. Usually two Merchies, from what I understand, run the Kidcot area.
    Don't forget the HRC is also an option for Merchies!