Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Same here Holly. I just got the email from Michele too , didn't think they would budge anyways. Guess we'll have to wait until August now....

2. At least u guys tried, that way you will never think, 'what if i had just sent that email!'

You guys should wait a month or so and email them and ask what you could do to improve your cv for the next application

3. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Yeah, i was thinking of contacting them again to see if I could get any feedback etc..

4. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

well i think it went ok, i got muddled at one point but no long silences which was good and made her laugh. nice lady :)

5. Fettes girl

Fettes girl New Member

Albeit I'm late in posting but have been reading these boards and should say HELLOO.

So hellooooo, I'm Lizzie and i've applied for the CRP this round - well i think i may have applied a bit late but appealed desparately to Michele to accept me and she said I'd got a phone interview so it may have been anyway...
    God, long winded intro!
    Last Jan i did the UCF J1 program and worked in Mouse Gear in EPCOT (which was so annoying when you said i work in EPCOT, everyone was like, oh in the pavillion? - NOOOO!). It was sooo amazing :'( and i so want to go back hence applying for CRP!

Good luck to those who have/have had the phone interview - mine is on Monday and friends who've already had them said its fine - people have already said here, quite rightly i think, its to see if you can talk well to people :-\. Commiserations to those who didn't get it this time - i wanted to apply last year but was told i didn't have enough experience and it was VERY popular etc etc. Luckily they offered me the UCF one (bloody pointless $2000 for the uni tho - like GCSE level!!) and was so glad i did so perhaps that has helped me this time?? ;D

xx

6. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

Hey Guys
    just got off the phone with Michele...shes so nice!
    think i went well...she asked if i was available for a position in march!!! But if i wanted it i'd need a phone interview with Roger...thinking this is a good sign! I had to decline though due to uni! Did anyone else get that offer??
    Questions are easy if anyone is panicing, don't! Michele is lovely!
    usual questions.
    Confirm details
    Any tattoos or peircings
    How motivated are you
    How well on a scale of 1-10 do you get on with your colleagues
    How will you cope with the heat
    Have you shared accom before with ppl from other cultures
    What is there in your town/city/area
    How soon are you available
    I said i was Danny in Grease which im performing all this week with Uni so that helped me on the motivation question, she got all giddy when I sed I was Danny lol!
    ;D :D ;D

7. mushu

mushu New Member

So you didn't get 'why do you want to work for Disney?' then?

Mine's Friday... :eek:

8. ToddyBee

ToddyBee New Member

yeah i did, but i explained that id been before to do ICP...character performer. had to do a few shifts in epcot :) just sed id love to experience it for a whole year and love disney etc, travel, see different things etc :)

good luck in ure phone interview :-D

9. Thats so weird, but well done!! Im sure ur guaranteed a slot!

10. omgholly

omgholly New Member

Oh Rubbish! I didn't think they would change their mind either but it was worth a shot. And as Jasper says, at least we can't wonder "what if?"

Never mind, we'll be applying together in August with much better CVs :) I might get a part time job in a bar/restuarant just so I have some more recent f&b experience. That and I could probably do with the extra cash ;)

I'm gonna keep an eye on the rest of you though :) good luck!! xx

11. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

That's what I was thinking of doing, as I don't really want to quit my job, specially with all the job cuts going. I'm gonna see if I can get a little job in waiteressing or something.

12. omgholly

omgholly New Member

where do you live?

13. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

In Northampton, I don't really don't if anyone will be wanting to hire people right now, specially restaurants and stores, as they don't have enough customers coming through the doors, as no one has no money!

14. mushu

mushu New Member

Well, it lasted for all of 5mins and 26 secs but the phone interview is now behind me. Now to wait...

Good luck with your job hunting girls!!

15. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

Eek... I've got mine in about 10 minutes! ;D

16. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Ooooh how'd it go Vicki and Michelle! :)

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood Luck! x

17. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

Hey Michele, you worked at McDonalds, didn't you? How is it? I'm considering getting a job, there to get me more experience? But the pay is less than what I'm on now!

18. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Nooo don't do it to yourself!

haha no its not that bad
    i hate the job - its easy when you get the hang of it
    but i love love love the people i work with since there all young and round my age

the hours are a bit strange at times
    but in the interview Roger seemed pretty impressed i was from Mcdonalds :]
    haha but hey ho who knows

Ummmmmmmmmm im on £6.07p an hour
    but ive been there 2 and a half years
    you start on minimum wage
    but if you work hard its easy to be promoted

I'd recommend it if there no better option for you - its good fun
    but you stink of mcdonalds afterwards

haha McDonalds Ramble over.. the end :)

19. Chelle_Bell

Chelle_Bell New Member

Thanks. As I said before, now I know about this site I have more time to ponder the what should/shouldn't I have saids. Heh.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed now.

20. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

When did everyone apply? I had a look at the website and it said next applications are reviewed in August for autumn starts... have I just missed out by a month?