Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Kidcot really appeals to me because I like doing arty and crafty things and I'm good with kids,
    I'm not so sure about HRC though, because it's an outside company, and I want like the full and complete Disney experience.
    Do you apply for HRC as a whole within merch, or is it a separate option?

Sorry about all the questions by the way!!! :)

2. I know that the people who do HRC, find it a little monotonous after a while, as you do the same thing for an entire year. Same desk, same area. So I think wanting to full disney experience is definitely a good idea.

And I dont know how you apply to HRC, i dont think you do, I think it is something which is offered to you.

3. And P.S with any position, store, kidcot, the merchies get moved around to another area like 2 3 times a day so you wont be in the same store or on kidcot all day.

4. Disney Dude

Disney Dude Guest

if i didn't have the F&B background i would have chosen merchandise as i would have liked to do the Kidcot stop. I like the interaction and talking with kids. Quite rewarding

5. mushu

mushu New Member

At the f2f you have the chance to rank your 3 choices in order of preference: FnB, Merch, HRC so it is counted as a seperate thing, cos as you said, it is run by a seperate company, but still counts as a Merch role. It would be offered to you in the same way as the other two roles, but is really rare.
    Yep, I imagine it would get a bit boring after a while and it would be nice to be totally employed by Disney, if you see what I mean, and not by outside companies.

That's cool, there's nothing I like better than a bit of a chat about Disney!

When you get to serve tables, I've heard you get quite a lot of interaction Lee, esp with kids!

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I think it's good that they move merchies around because as you say, it would be the same thing day in and day out- and I really like to have variety, especially considering it's for a year. I can't imagine that they have many Cast Members on HRC though, but I also read somewhere that if you work in HRC you don't get all the perks that other CMs get.

7. mushu

mushu New Member

Yep its like 2 or 3 at most in HRC. No-one from here who I was at the f2fs with got HRC though, so it may be on offer this time around, I don't know. I think you may be right about less perks too, but I can't remember...

I'm Vicki by the way...

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I think the perks were something to do with cast member events or something, like people in HRC have some which they can't go to... it was something like that. I think I actually read it on these forums somewhere....

Hi Vicki! :D I'm Megan

9. mushu

mushu New Member

Hi Megan!

Ok so HRC = you have to pay more rent, get less breaks when working and start on a lower wage than other Merchies. Those are a couple of facts I picked up from a quick search on here... Oh and you were right, you don't get a maingate pass either, which would majorly suck!!

I'll stick to normal Merch I think!

10. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I just did a search on here too!! No maingate pass would suck, as would the higher rent!
    Also reading some posts about what past HRC employees (because they're not even cast members :eek:!) say about it, a lot of them say that it isn't very good. If I was only offered HRC I think I would rather wait and apply some other time and have the full disney experience. Somewhere else on here I read was that they don't get things like Cast Member previews. I think HRC will be down at the bottom of my choices. I mean I would just be giddy with excitement to be classed as a Cast Member!!

11. mushu

mushu New Member

Me too! Right, that's HRC at the bottom of the list... I put as my 2nd choice last time but it might have to be last now!!!

Can you imagine all your friends like heading to the parks on their days off etc and you not being able to go!! :mad:

12. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Oh my goodness I know!!! And don't Disney put on Cast Previews for Seasonal and new parades- so imagine all your friends going to see them, and you not being able to. I would find that so frustrating!! :mad:

13. mushu

mushu New Member

Totally, that's one of things that's gonna be so special about being a Cast Member!

Oooh I'm getting excited again and that's not advisable because it just makes me impatient! Some of my friends from the Oct f2fs are leaving next month!!

14. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Haha me too!! I'm going to be so impatient even when only waiting to hear back about my application. I'm in 6th form at the moment though so most people I know are applying for and getting offers from uni's already- and I've only just applied for Disney! So it's kinda hard trying to explain to people what I want to do after finishing my a levels.

An Advert for Disney's just come on the tv :D

15. mushu

mushu New Member

It seemed to be everywhere when I was applying last time, and when we were waiting to hear if we'd got an f2f, all there were were adverts for London on the tv!

Ooh that's cool, what a levels are you doing? I'm in my last year of uni... applying to leave just after I graduate!

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I get excited just seeing the adverts! I'm like a kid again :p
    But I'm going back to Orlando in June for a Holiday, so I'm getting excited for that too!! :)

I'm doing art, psychology and communication studies. What are you studying at uni?

17. mushu

mushu New Member

Oh wow you lucky thing you!!! I haven't been there for almost 10 years!

Ooh, I did English, History and Sociology and now I'm doing my degree in History too. Where do you work then?

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Really?! There are so many new good things there, the last time I went was in 2007- but even since then there are new things to do, which is why I love orlando so much :D

Oh that's cool my brother does English history and American History at uni. I work at Fat Face lol- I always get questions about the name! What about you??

19. mushu

mushu New Member

That's another reason why I want to get in so much... It's gonna be so exciting to see all the new things ;D

Ooh Fat Face, my housemate is quite a fan of them. I work at Argos - the amount of people who come in and ask how it works is quite funny!

20. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Yeah that would be so good! I'd really like to see Disney through the eyes of someone who hasn't been for a while or at all... just to see their reaction and everything :) If I get accepted I want someone to drag me on to tower of terror and rock n' roller coaster, because I want to go on them, but I'm too much of a wimp :-\

They're a good company to work for :) haha yeah I can imagine customers getting confused about how Argos works, but I suppose it gets tedious when you have to keep repeating yourself over and over!!