Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Good times people. Lets hope it all works out ai!?

So if, and i stress if, you get through. What are u most excited about.

For me, its the whole commons lifestyle and making a big bunch of new friends.

Also, the whole finishing work every night to illuminations, how funny!

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Hmm I guess if I get through I will look forward to meeting new people both from the UK and all the other countries, experiencing life in america and the weather!!, being a cast member, and of course being able to go to the theme parks on days off. :D

3. mushu

mushu New Member

Living the Florida life whilst working for the Mouse and all the amazing things that entails...

Meeting new people and making new friends, going to lots of places in Fl and travelling at the end, shopping! Sunshine!

Oh yeah, that will be great!

I've never got up the courage to go on Tower of Terror either Megan, but I love Rock n Rollercoaster!

4. i love tower of terror, as soon as u get over the initial adrenaline shock lol, and sitting in that lift is so scary lol, then it just drops ur ass! LOL! So funny, u go on and on and on! the pictures they take of u are hilarious.

Im also excited about mardi gras, saw it last time i was there at universal. So funny!

5. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I queue with my family- but that's as far as I get!! I then leave through the chicken exit and wait at the end for them! I came so close to going on Rock n' roller coaster, as I was queuing with my mum to buy the ride photo and the cast member who served us noticed I wasn't in it and asked me if I wanted to go with her, straight to the front and ride it- but I said no. :-\

6. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Oh and I really want to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal!!!

7. mushu

mushu New Member

Yeah they're pretty terrifying! Anyone else a Harry Potter fan, cos the new land is supposed to opening at Universal too!

Ooh to be there during Halloween and then the build up to Christmas and New Year - there's nowhere better to be than Disney for celebrations!

8. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I'm not a big harry potter fan, but i think the new land will be good, it's supposed to open between late 2009 and mid 2010. Yeah I want to experience the different holidays and seasons- no doubt that christmas has got to be quite hard time because you're away from your family though.

9. mushu

mushu New Member

Yes that's true. We have to work Christmas day too...

10. OMG, I totally forgot about the harry potter land lol! The alcoholic beverages at the horror nights are fantastic. they're all lit up and glow bright green and orange. So cool. The scary houses made me nearly crap my pants!

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

That sounds so cool!! Haha yeah they look pretty scary, but they still seem like a good laugh.

12. yea after my 5th drink, I was like 'Whatever!" lol. But no, they're both funny and scary lol.

All my mates just kept running through them laughing lol.

13. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

haha, well if I get in I won't be able to try them as i'm under 21, but i'm not much of a drinker anyway.

I think it would be pretty funny if you went with someone who's squeamish and gets scared easily, just to see their reaction to everything.

14. D-A-N

D-A-N New Member

I'd need some seriously hand holding to get me to Universal for halloween ..... I am a grade A wuss when it comes to scary things like that!

15. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I don't know how I'd handle Universal Halloween Horrors... but I'd give it go! :)

If it helps, the actors who are hired for halloween horror nights aren't allowed to touch the guests, they can only jump out at you.

16. I wouldnt really think 2 much of the whole alcohol thing, as with most things its blown out of proportion. You'll realise that when you get there.

17. mushu

mushu New Member

Yep, you would go as a group, so you'd have some brave people who the scared people could hide behind - that's what friencds are for!!
    I'm not a huge drinker either, so I won't mind either way.

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Yeah, I think it would be so good to go in a big group. I'm really not bothered about being unable to drink, because if I was I would wait and apply when I am 21- I suppose it would just be irritating if my friends were going out for drinks and I couldn't go.

19. Well alot of the places you go like bennigans and stuff dont id anyways lol.

But most of ur friends wouldnt really put u in a position where u cant come. But what im talking about is that, although having a drink and going out is important, it wont affect your time there one bit. But usually u can drink anyway, its alot like this country! lol

20. DivineAphrael

DivineAphrael New Member

Hehe, reading this thread has made me all giddy now. So exciting! One of the things I really want to do when I'm there (I will succeed!!) is go out on the everglades in one of those big fan boats. I'd like to do Universal Nights of Horror too, but I'd spend all my time screaming, I'm not good with ghosty things. Even stupid little haunted houses scare me. I need one of you brave people to protect me, and maybe a few glowy drinks.