Anyone else applying in January from the UK?

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by 626Stitch, Nov 4, 2008.

1. mushu

mushu New Member

Ah but we're always going to be impatient right? I know how bad I was last time around...I think it'll be worse this time!

2. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

haha, good point! :D
    I know i'm gonna be impatient, so I'm trying to stop myself being too impatient :p

3. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

does anyone know the time scale for when the phone interviews take place, i'm worried i'll get caught on the hop whilst in the shower or something. ;D

4. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

I think for the Phone Interview, you arrange a time slot with Yummy Jobs, so for example if would be between 9am to 9:15am on Feb 15th. I Think, i have heard the calls only usually last about 5mins and its more like a chat then interview.

so you'll know when their be calling and won't be caught in the shower lol, that always happen to me when the parcel man comes. :)

5. mushu

mushu New Member

That's right, you arrange with Michele when it will be so you can be all prepared etc

It can be quite like a chat, yeah, but they say it will usually be 10 mins, although I was on the phone for 20 mins ;)

6. StephyLewis

StephyLewis New Member

ok phew.

i'm an early bird so hopefully i'll get something around the 9am mark so i can have a morning jog and some brain food to get me amped.

out of interest how many people applying have relevant work experiance to the field they've applied for. I went for guest relations as i've always worked in hostpitality but in hotels i'm slightly downhearted they don't offer you placement at the disney hotels which my friends think is weird as animal kingdom would be more fun. Also i've never written an application where i feel i have overused words but throughout writing the cover i kept using things like 'situation' and 'prosperity'. Around draft 8 it resembled something of a literary masterpiece. ;D

7. mushu

mushu New Member

I have merch experience so that's what I am going for - Michele said to me that they are looking for people with FnB/merch experience, so it definately helps. Any job where you've had customer service etc experience will help too!!

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll see your enthusiasm shining through the letter :)

8. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Hey Jim and everyone,

Hope your all weel and excited about the results. But do you guys know when the prgram might start? I am sooo impatient lol

9. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

The applications they are reviewing now are for start dates between September 2009 and January 2010 =]

10. iHEARTflorida

iHEARTflorida New Member

About work experience, do they mean paid or unpaid work experience?

Like when your at school at go to the local school for a week, as work experience?

or

experience you have gotten from your current and previous paid jobs? Like working at Tesco and stuff...

11. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

I think they mean any. All work experience is beneficial...well it can't hurt your chances if you mention it.

12. mushu

mushu New Member

Megan's right, its very competative, so any experience you have will help you out. Just big yourself up loads!

13. ctravis

ctravis Guest

OMG septmeber is agessss away, i can't wait!!!! Do u think 25 is too old to do the cultural program. I am 26 this year in December.
    The ICP program only took 4 months and we were off. Do you think they really mean september coz i think they might scatter us all over summer and autumn.

14. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

No it's definitely from september onwards- they've already accepted people to start in the summer.
    No age is not too old, they just want to see what your personality is like and whether you're right for the role :)
    September isn't that far away if you think about it, because if you're successful you'll have so much to do in between being accepted and actually going. It just gives you time to prepare. You can also look at it this way, the sooner you go out there, the sooner you come back. So it maybe a good thing to wait.

15. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Thanks hun, that actually made feel better....yea its true the shorter time now then the shorter we come bk. Plus im sure we will busy doing things like last time for ICP i was rushing to fill in forms and trying to save as much money as i could as we had to pay $2000 for the UCF fee so i guess 8 months will give us time to do things and save loads of money. Plus we could all get to know eachother before we leave.
    :D

16. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Exactly :)
    There are always pluses and minuses, I always think at how quickly last year seemed to go. Autumn will arrive in no time.
    I'm already counting down the days until my a levels are over haha :D
    And it's not all that long, which is quite scary :-\

17. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Oh wow congrats good luck with your a levels. Hope u do well. R u doing the interview as well in Feb or have u already done it? xxx ;D

18. 626Stitch

626Stitch New Member

Well I sent my application off last monday, so hopefully I'll get an interview and everything... but I know competition is tough, so fingers crossed!! :)

19. **nikki**

**nikki** New Member

Hey guys, I've also applied ;D sooo excited! I actually applied this time last year but didn't get through to the phone interview as they said I didn't have the experience that they wanted :-[ so instead I applied for ICP and got the job! I worked Outdoor Foods in Epcot and loved it so so much that I decided to reapply for CRP! Hope I get through to interview this time...

What month does everyone want to go out there for? I'd prefer September I think...

Oh yeah, and I also want F+B :)

20. ctravis

ctravis Guest

Awww no way...did u not get through last time for the cultural programme or was it a different programme? But now def doing the ICP hopefully is a one upper. So when did u do the ICP? I did it in oct 07 to april 08.
    xxxx