Anyone going for May 14th??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current CRP Participants' started by princess_shayna, Mar 15, 2006.

1. princess_shayna

princess_shayna New Member

Hi Everyone!!!
    My Name is Shayna and i'm from Ontario Canada!! I just got my call today to work at Disney over the summer and I have never been more excited about something in my entire life!!! I'm going down on May 14th and according to Nicola there are about 30 of us from Canada going down for that date! But ANYONE going down for the summer or just anyone going down to work at disney in general I would love to talk to ya! I can't wait to meet everyone I will be working with!! :D I can't wait to go in general either! lol Waiting to leave will be the hardest part now!! Anyway I hope to talk to you all soon!

Shayna*

2. carly-anne

carly-anne Guest

Hi Shayna,
    I'll be heading down that day aswell with my friend Molly. Hope to meet you!
    Carly

3. impulse

impulse New Member

hi Shayna

The name's Tim and I'm headed down there on the 14th as well. See you there!

4. princess_shayna

that's so exciting you guys are going down that time too!!! What will you be doing do you know yet?? And Tim you said you go to the University of Guelph! ;D It's a great school! I'm a Guelphite lol!! But I go to the University of Waterloo! Carly where are you and your friend from?? ahh this is just so exciting!

Take care!!

Shayna*

5. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

Hey Tim...I'm Shayna's mom...

Have you booked your flight yet? We're trying to decide whether to fly out of Buffalo or not...

6. impulse

impulse New Member

Hi Shayna's mom, or Bonnie40 from Dis (I'm impulse from DIS!!!) :D

I'm definetly thinking of flying out of Buffalo, it's way to expensive flying out or Toronto...

Just waiting for a Ding! from Southwest... haha ::) Go Dis-ers!

7. carly-anne

carly-anne Guest

Shayna,
    Me and molly are both from winnipeg. By the way, are you may 14thers noticing that all the flights seem to be arriving at about 11ish pm on the 14th? I cant seem to find anything earlier and I deffinately dont want to waste my first day by arriving late.

8. Mom of an Applicant

Mom of an Applicant New Member

Hey Tim...we're seeing a one-way from Southwest for $78 US taxes in, but it's not direct...arriving in Orlando at 3 p.m. It's starting to sound pretty good...I keep checking the Ding fares too! :)

9. princess_shayna

I agree I would rather have a flight that arrives earlier in the day... I will look into that :)

And Tim keep me updated on what flights you are looking at taking. It might be fun if we could co-ordinate something and get the same flight. Because flying out of Buffalo is definately cheaper!!

10. DSNA2004

DSNA2004 New Member

I have noticed that too...There is an Air Canada Flight at 1025AM but its almost all sold-out....everything else makes you connect somewhere in the U.S and you get in late.....there is one from SkyService thats leaves around 7AM...that sort of looks good?

Any suggestions?

11. impulse

impulse New Member

That $78 US definetly sounds good, I'd get it without the Ding!, and I wouldn't mind the stop at all. The only other direct flight at the same price is the one that arrives at 7:40pm, but that's a bit too late for my taste. Tell me if you want to book! I'd be more than happy to go to Orlando with someone I know. :)

Nicholas, is there any way you can fly out of Buffalo? The difference in pricing are huge. But if you must fly out of Toronto, try expedia.ca, I found some flights with US Airway that will save you a *tad* bit of money, but you'll have to connect flights.

If you don't want to connect, I'd go for the Air Canada 922 (10:25am) you've mentioned, it's the cheapest without having to connect flights.

12. DSNA2004

DSNA2004 New Member

I like some of the US Airways flights...I don't mind connecting....I really wanted that Air Canada flight but they want 750.00 one way! Thats crazy!...lol

Has anyone booked yet?

13. princess_shayna

I haven't booked my flight quite yet... I think i've decided it wait it out just a couple more days... but honestly that Air Canada flight is a ridiculous amount of money for just one way... it should probably be illegal! :D

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I dunno if it's the same for the college people or not but for the year long program you get reimbursed for your flight after successful completion of your term. So you could book an insanely expensive flight on the way down, and get that much money to book your flight home. Book a cheaper flight home and have a little extra money.

I guess on this topic does anyone know if theres a limit that Disney will shell out or does it matter you just get 100% back?

15. princess_shayna

WOW! That would be the greatest if the college summer program people could get reembursed for our flights too!!! Although I haven't heard anything about it yet. Does anyone else know?? Thanks for the heads up though Jorden I am going to find out!! Although I am sorry i can't help you out with your question!!

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

You really only get reimbursed for one flight (at least for the year long, still not sure about the college people). You essentially have to pay for both flights, but if you complete your contract (ie don't quit or get fired) Disney will give you back the cost of your flight down there. This is basically done so you don't have to pay for your one home.

So if you get a 750 flight down, and complete your contract you get 750 back from Disney. Then lets say you find a flight home for only 450, you get the extra 300 back for you.

17. DSNA2004

DSNA2004 New Member

Unfortunately, only Cultural Reps. get reimbursed. Thats ok.... I don't mind...I'm going to Disney World!!! lol Everyday I get more excited...lol

That was the first question Nicola asked us during the phone interview...could we pay for our own transportation (at least for me)

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Ah well there we go now we know... College people don't get reimbursed.

19. DSNA2004

DSNA2004 New Member

I think it would cost the company to much money, and we are only there for 3 months too.

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah true enough but at the same time you'ld think most college students wouldn't be able to even do the program if they had to pay for both flights... maybe thats one way to weed out people who shouldn't be there anyway (if you can't justify paying the money, you probably aren't who they're looking for or something)