Anyone Heard From Cast-A-Way??

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by EvilQueen, Sep 14, 2004.

1. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Anyone got the package from them yet? Eric said he was sending all the interview info out in the mail along with the application. I had my telephone interview a few weeks ago and I've received nothing. I'll probably email him at the end of the week, but I thought I'd check here first.

Thanks,
    Sandra :)

2. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Yeah...I sent my resume into castaway this smorning, and about an hour later Eric called me back and I went through my phone interview.

By the end of the phone interview I was sooo excited.

Anyways I got in for the Calgary interviews in Oct. Things went waaaay smoother then I initially anticipated.

He never mentioned anything about mailing me anything though, just said I was in for the Calgary interviews...hmm..

Either way, Im totally excited!

3. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Congrats... I'm going to the Calgary interviews as well. Are you in Calgary? I'm flying out from Toronto.

When I had my telephone interview, Eric gave me all the info about when, where and what to bring, but he said that he was going to send all the info in the mail as well. He also said that he was sending an application that he wanted filled out before I got to the interviews.

Good Luck,

4. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

That's so weird. I was just about to email him about the exact same thing but thought I'd come on here first. Perhaps we'll have to wait a couple more weeks for it to come. Though there's no harm in emailing him to see what's up.
    Jo :)

5. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Yeah he gave me all the when & where info ...but totally failed to mention anything about anything comming in the mail.

Im actually from Manitoba, so I will be flying out of....Winnipeg. Just in the process of trying to find a hotel relatively close to where the interviews are. Its been about 2 years since I was last in Calgary.

6. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey there
    I finished my interview with Eric about a 2 weeks ago and i havnt recieved the package yet either i was just wondering where it was today also!
    hopefully soon
    i live in calgary so i kinda know where i am going but still it would be nice to get the whole package
    when do you leave from manitoba ?
    have you found a hotel yet ?

7. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

Still havent found a hotel yet...although I cant say I have looked very hard for one either. Ill probably end up staying with some buddies.

Im assuming that I will fly in the night of the 19th..and then fly back out after interviews. Although it would be nice to have soem free time there..

8. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey Everyone... Sent an email to Eric yesterday. I didn't get a response, but the package arrived today. No new information, but it's nice to have a hard copy of the info. The 2 sided application came as well.

I have been looking into hotels and they don't seem too ridiculously priced. I found some right by the university. I'm probably going to fly in on the 19th at some point and then fly back on the 21st. I've never been to Calgary and I'd like to be able to check it out a little while I'm there.

9. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

everyone will love it!
    in calgary, i am so exited to see everyone who has applied... and scared to tell you the truth!
    really exited to get the package in the mail, like you said it is so nice to have something in your hand, it will make this all a little more real!!

:p

10. Mr. August

Mr. August New Member

Hey There,

I went to the interviews in Calgary as I was going to school there back in 2001. I am from Lockport/Winnipeg originally....Anyways I thought I would give some of you a heads up.... there are a bunch of motels (aka motel alley) just south of the University and on the C-Train line (easy those are probably your most economical bets

Darin

11. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Thanks, Darin. Yeah, there seemed to be a whole lot of hotels right by the university. Good to know it's close to transit as well. How far would the ride be into downtown?

12. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hi guys :) I got my package in the mail today! Phewf, I'm glad it arrived.
    Hey Darin, fellow Winnipegger..... have you done the international program?

13. Mr. August

Mr. August New Member

Hey there,

Yes I was down in Florida from Aug 2002 - Aug 2003 in the Merchandise and it was the best year of my life!!

As for the c-train it is about 15 - 20 mins maybe right into downtown Calgary!

Yes I am from Lockport originally...there were only me and another Winnipegger down there when I arrived but two more came near the end of my contract.... I know there is another girl for sure going from Winnipeg in December this year...

By chance do you goto Red River College?

Darin

14. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Hey Darin, I went to Red River College for a very short period of time, then transferred to the U of W. The girl going down in December is my friend Christa (Winnipeg gal) She just completed the Tourism program at RRC. It doesn't seem like there are a tone of people from the praries applying. Did you by chance work with a guy named Rocky?

15. Mr. August

Mr. August New Member

HAHAHAAH

yeah how the heck do you know Rocky... aka Rockstar... he is one of my friends... he is working in the Carribean right now on a cruise....but I had many a fun time with him... great guy

Darin

P.S. I think it is at your advantage since you are from Manitoba as they lick to get people from all over Canada plus since you are travelling so far to interview it shows iniative

Good Luck

16. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

Hey.... Toronto beats out Manitoba for distance....... :p

17. WdwJo

WdwJo New Member

Darin, I use to work with Rocky at Pier 1 Imports. Strange eh? I was thinking of doing the program and he had just gotten accepted. He was so funny, whenever we had staff meetings, he would start laughing and with that distinct laugh of his, everyone else would start cracking up,ahaha Good times :D
    My friend was saying it is an advantage to be coming from Manitoba, there's not that many people from the praries who apply from what I hear.
    Sandra, true true,ahaha but there's interviews in Toronto in February, isn't there? Or does this work out better with school and all, are you in school?

18. EvilQueen

EvilQueen New Member

I know they are here in Toronto, but I thought it was later than February. I am in school and it actually does work out better if I go to the Calgary interviews. Not to mention that it's a great excuse to see Calgary. Never been there, but always wanted to go.

Does anyone remember which months Eric said they were hiring for? I know he told me and I remember that June was one of the start months, but I can't remember the other 2, which were both before June. I emailed him, but haven't heard back from him yet.

19. Winnipeg gal

Winnipeg gal New Member

Hey everyone :)

Holy Winnipeggers Batman! Nevermind that, Red River students. How have you been Darin? I haven't heard from you in awhile. I was in at the college a few weeks ago and sat with Laurie for a bit. She has a student this year who wants to do the IP too, so she wants me to help her out like you helped me. You were such an awesome resource! Are you still living in Toronto?

Jolene - are you getting excited yet? We should go for coffee again before you leave. haha, you forgot to mention to Darin how much you thoroughly enjoyed your time at RRC ;)

Sandra - when I went to my interview in TO they said they were hiring for August. However, I know people with leaving dates of June 15, Aug 31, Dec 7 (me) and March 15. I'm not sure what percentage of the people got August dates, but that gives you an idea of the range there is. How long of a flight do you have?

Good luck at the interviews guys and gals!!!

Christa

20. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

hey guys
    just a question
    do you know if scurfield hall is the library?
    at u of c ?
    thanks!
    Joss