Anyone knows what it is like to be a character performer on the cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by Mauro, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Mauro

Mauro New Member

I am going to the March 28th auditions on austin to see if I can get to be a Character Perfomer for the cruise line

Any advice?? does anyone knows what it is like? Is it really hard to get? how many spots are they? and what is it like for them to be on the cruise?? any info would help!! Thanks

2. cowza

cowza New Member

You should've had your audition by now... hope it went well!

Extremely difficult to get into considering the amount of auditions they have... and the spots available on a new cast.

I always thought that in all areas of the Disney company being a character performer on the ships was the most fun in terms of the variety of work you get to do. Depending on the character... you end up involved with many things outside of 'photo sets' including character programs in the kids areas... the pirate party on board... and the mainstage shows.

I've worked closely with many as an entertainment host in the kids areas and we have a lot of fun together. They really do some neat things for the kids!

Because there aren't many spots and a limited range of characters right now... the more versatile you are the better. Typically the shorter fair better because they can be friends with Mickey, Minnie, Donald,Daisy, Stitch and Lilo. Then Princesses are typically required to be able to do chipmunks and Pluto. Typically they only take two males in the six foot region for Goofy/Hook... possibly Jack Sparrow.

Hope this was informative!

3. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Thanks it was really helpfull, the audition went great! I made it all the way through all the cuts and at the end they videotaped my audition for the people in toronto and took several pictures of me, they even asked us to pull our hair back or wear a wig cap for some of the photos. Around 50 people attended the audition and only 4 made it all the way through.

But yes, you are right!! It is really hard I think to be a performer on the Disney Cruise Line, it might be even harder than to work for Tokyo Disneyland. I am 6" so that means there are only two spots in each ship(there will be 2 more spots available next year !!!=), and I know people tend to renew contracts so there might only be one or two spots available, I still hope I get one of those!!!!!

One more question? Do you know if there has ever been a latin american performer on the Disney cruise ship?

Thanks