Application for February interviews....

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Discussion' started by disneytastic, Jan 10, 2013.

1. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Hey:) has anyone heard anything that has applied for the cruise line over the past few weeks?

2. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I got an email a while ago asking what day I was free and to keep that day free :D

3. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

Congrats:) what are the interview dates?are they in Feb?

4. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

yeah its the 5th and 6th i think, well thats what they offered me - may depend on your role

5. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hey guys,

congrats on getting through to the interview, Im a couple of stages ahead of you, i have just got my start date so if you have any questions about the interview I can try and help as best I can

:)

6. Sammy

Sammy Member

Hey Mr T. I have a question if you don't mind! well maybe a couple!! First off congratulations on your start date! What role are you going for on the ship? Also, what was the interview like and was there lots and lots and lots of people there?! :/

7. Mr T

Mr T New Member

Hello Sammy,

Thank you, Im delighted and cant wait to start, actuall since my last post my start date has been revised, I now leave in 8 days time ! I will be on the Dream so will be based in port caneveral, florida and will sail to Cast a way Cay and Nassau. I will be working in guest services.

So the interviews, i can only base my answer on my experience, it may differ from position to position but the overall process would be fairly similar I would imagine. I went to the London Interview at the Disney head office, there were about 15ish people there, the vast majority were for youth activities or one of the technical roles like sound operator etc, I was the only one for Guest services, and there were a couple for Merch. The interview is more of an assessment of your abillity to cope with being on a ship, there were lots of questions to see how I would adapt to the lifestyle change. The rest of the questions were based around my experience and how it was relevant to the position I was applying for. I know from previous disney interviews they also look for personality, so make sure this comes through.

I guess upon reflection it was a fairly standard interview, but nothing you should worry about. I found the whole thing quite exciting (well not the getting up at 4am to get to London) but the actual meeting the recruiters was nice.

Good luck and hope this helps, message me if you have any further questions

8. Sammy

Sammy Member

oh wow thats great!!! better start packing then! haha. I love the dream (although it is the only one ive been on!!)

thanks for the low down! I'm sending my application tonight! I'd love to do guest services but i don't have any relevant exerience unfortunetly! You will have to keep us all updated how u get on!! xxx

9. Jolber

Jolber New Member

Submitted my application via e-mail last Thursday. Anxious to hear if I'll be able to get the chance to earn a slot on one of the February interviews! Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the UK recruiters to follow up on applications? Not that there's any rush! :)

10. Sammy

Sammy Member

Hey Jolber! Sorry I really don't have a clue to answer your question! what have you applied for though? xx

11. Jolber

Jolber New Member

That's alright :) I sent an e-mail as a response to the DCL Twitter status that they were looking for UK entertainments staff. I let them know that I have experience in both a guest services and traditional entertainment roles, but thinking I should have specified exactly what I was applying for? At the time, I wasn't aware what roles in the department were available!

12. Sammy

Sammy Member

ahh good times!!! Ive been trying to find someone whos applying for entertainment too! is it your first time applying? xx

13. Jolber

Jolber New Member

Yup first time! Just the thought of working on the ship gets me all excited! Have you sent off your application yet? If so, heard anything back?

14. Sammy

Sammy Member

yeh I sent it just a couple of days ago so not planning on hearing anything that soon! im not really holding on to hear anything to be honest, I wasn't overally impressed with my app. but ah well we will see!! xx

15. Jolber

Jolber New Member

Ah you never know with these things! Let's not lose hope so soon! What position are you applying for?

16. Sammy

Sammy Member

I went for entertainment staff. I was considering youth host n that but I duno, if they turned round n said they think id be better at that then id take it, ive just never spent that much time with kids! I agree with what u said before though, just thinking about it makes me excited! xx

17. Jolber

Jolber New Member

Heard anything back yet, Sammy? Were we meant to have received some kind of acknowledgement that they got our CVs if we submitted them via e-mail?

18. Sammy

Sammy Member

Honestly dont have a clue. I havnt heard anything no, have you? I sent them just a regular email back in september, just asking for a bit of advice, i got a reply on thursday just asking for my cv! If it takes that long to hear anything im not holding out for much lol xx

19. Sammy

Sammy Member

hey jolber! i received an email back from the agency and apparently theyre not going to be recruiting for certain entertainment roles until the end of the year/early next year due to being over staffed! xx

20. BeautifulBelle

BeautifulBelle New Member

HAHA overstaffed? I just returned from the Wonder where we were meant to have 18 working in the Oceaneer Lab and we were seriously understaffed with 13!!!