Applications 2014

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Pau1401, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Kathalizsa

Kathalizsa New Member

Re: Applications 2014

Goodluck everyone for next Thursday!! :) :)

2. Louiejordan

Louiejordan New Member

I am so incredibly excited i can barely control myself!! This is my first time applying for the UK CRP, however i have applied for the ICP previously (missed both interviews due to holidays though, talk about bad timing!!).

Spending time looking through previous posts on here at the moment trying to soak up as much information as possible!

I think the scariest thing is that we don't really have a guide as to what they're looking for in your CV, from what i've found its very touch and go depending on how you come across!!! ::)

Anybody who could give me a few points on what my cover letter and cv should include would be fantastic!!! So happy i've discovered this board!! :D

3. Bubbles29693

Bubbles29693 Member

:) I am! I am sooo nervous this is my fourth attempt applying! have you applied before?

4. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

Iv never applied before! I graduated a year ago and missed the last two chances to apply by a week or two so iv actually organised myself this time haha! I hope you get in this time!

@louijordan try blogs they give great advice, hattentimesdoesdisney is great and dan@disney is brilliant too!

Good luck everyone! Keep wishing on stars :D

5. Cascades

Cascades New Member

Hey all! I'm new and also counting down the days until applications open (8!!!).
    I'm busy working on my CV and cover letter/motivation, plus I've kind of become an addict - googling for blogs of people who have done the program!

Nice to meet you all :)

Oh, and I thought I understood there was a Facebook group for applicants, is there or was I imagining things? ::)

6. reylasano33

reylasano33 New Member

Hello everyone!!
    My name's Rey, I'm from Indonesia.
    I'm thinking to apply for CRP 2014, I'm not sure when is the best time to send those CV and cover letter tho............
    But, it is so exciting seeing everyone here, we probably would meet up there in Florida ;D yay!

Good luck for everyone applying!!

7. Kathalizsa

Kathalizsa New Member

rey! Hai! Kita sama2 dari Indooooo hehehehhee kamu dari mana?

8. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

I am also applying next Thursday. This will be my fourth attempt now and the feeling of nervousness doesn't get any easier but i will never give up on my dream :)

9. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

I hope you get it this time! I think il feel better when iv finally applied, the time is dragging now lol

10. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

Thanks :) Back at you :) I only wish they could hire everyone who applies as its so upsetting when you get turned down.

I know, it seems like it is taking forever.
    Are you all organised with your CV and Cover letter/ motivation box??

11. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

I know would be amazing if they could give everyone a place!

More or less, I just keep changing it all the time, I feel like it's too long lol what about you?

12. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

I'm the same, constantly changing it.
    What i have written to go in my motivation box seems to get longer and longer every time i have applied and now its like this ridiculously massive paragraph haha.

Im thinking of starting a 2014 Applicants page on facebook, as i have seen people talking about it but have never found the page

13. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

I think mine is so long cause I don't want to skip anything out afraid incase it would help my application, it's so scary lol

I haven't seen people talk about it but I only got on this from yesterday so I might have missed it lol but I group would be a good idea :)

14. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

Totally agree, you feel like you don't want to miss anything out, so you literally write everything haha.

I suppose with a group page, people get to know each other, ask questions and talk all things about the program that can help everyone through the process :)

15. OliviaSmith

OliviaSmith New Member

Hey guys,

Urgh I'm totally freaking out, thought I had so much longer to prepare!! Now only two days off work between now and when applications open to get myself together!! Good thing I've made a lot of notes, been reading blogs at work when I'm not serving customers (teehee) just need to get all my ideas together and sit and write my cover letter/motivation box etc.

Good luck to everyone, gosh it's exciting!! I've never applied for the CRP, only the ICP. Nervous about when interviews might be as I'm away in Paris from 2nd-6th September eeeep.

16. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

Yea it sounds like a good idea, loads of motivational posts to keep us all going throughout the long wait haha

17. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

Let me see if i can try and set one up now :)

18. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

Yay! Let me know the details and how to join and that :)

19. tinafusco123

tinafusco123 New Member

I'm excited to apply but also dreading cause when you apply that's it, the waiting starts and there's no turning back lol

20. GeorgieeClark

GeorgieeClark New Member

Also freaking out but try and stay positive.

So did you get through on to the ICP?