Applying for Disney's Cultural Representative Program (U.K)

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by Gari14, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Hi everyone.

Im wanting to apply for Disney's Cultural Representative Program for 2014 when the process starts in August/September but as i'm new to the whole process, I thought you guys would be the best people to ask as many of you have been through it or know the ins and outs about how to get started etc.

I keep seeing people say that to start out, you need to upload your CV on the Yummy Jobs site and then when the job listing for the programme is added to Yummy Jobs, you click apply and thats, that. Im confused though as I cant see anywhere on the Yummy Jobs site where I can upload my CV which has baffled me. Is this way of doing things, right? or do I just need to send them my CV once the process is opened up in August/September?

One last thing, do Yummy Jobs need a covering letter as well as your CV? or just your CV on its own? as thats something else i've noticed that people talk about a lot on here and on other forums.

Sorry if I sound like a newbie (but unfortunately, I am!) and hopefully you guys can give me some advice as to what to do next etc.

Thanks for your time and hopefully one day, ill meet some of you if we are successful. All the best,

Gari.

2. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

Hey Gari!
    I was in the last batch of applications for the CRP (Feb 2013) and will be doing Food and Bev from Jan 2014 :)

The yummy jobs website is currently under construction, it says on the website the new one will launch in August at some point so I would keep checking the website and keep an eye on their twitter and facebook page.

As for covering letter, it just depends. I don't think I sent one (I can't check on the yummy website at the moment due to it being down) but I know that some people did and some people didn't. I have a feeling I just uploaded my CV and added a paragraph at the end explaining why I was right for the programme. Also, when the applications open make sure to fill the motivation box with plenty of stuff about how you're passionate about your culture and Disney!

I hope that's some help!
    Jenna

3. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Hi Jenna.

Thank you so much for that, as it's helped massively.

Ill make sure that I have something written up for the motivation box once the new site launches.

Thanks again!

Gari.

4. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

No probs, anything else just ask and I'll try to help ...if I know the answer :)

5. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Actually there is one thing I am worried about and i'm paranoid that it might affect my chances of getting into CRP and thats because of my tattoo. I have a lettering tattoo from the top of my forearm (where the crease is) to about 4 inches from my wrist. Basically its the whole of my forearm apart from the wrist area. With the UK costume, I've noticed that every male is wearing short sleeve shirts and I didn't know if Disney would allow me to wear a long-sleeved version of their costume instead. Any idea if this is possible?

Thanks.

6. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

Hmm on that I can't help...I've no tattoos so it's something I haven't had to think about (especially for boys lol). I'm sure there will be someone who can help. If you're worried maybe give yummy a quick email and they should be able to help you out :)

7. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Cheers for the advice Jenna. Much appreciated.

8. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

I decided it would be best if I sent Yummy Jobs an email with regards to my tattoo and thats what i did. They would be able to tell me outright if it would cause an issue or not hopefully. Will keep you updated once I know more. Fingers crossed it will be ok for me to still apply.

9. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

I sent Yummy Jobs an email regarding my tattoo and this is the response I received back from them -

Interesting. My worry is, that its going to be hard for me to be accepted due to the fact that i'm limiting myself just to merchandise which I've heard is very limited at the best of times. Gutted.

10. Jenna88

Jenna88 Member

Gari, I really wouldn't stress about that. There are more F and B roles available but the number of applicants wishing to apply for that role is higher (mainly due to tips) so it's proportionate. Out of my application group, the people who said they had a preference for merch got it, those who said either or F and B got F and B. At least you know where you stand :)

11. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Thanks for the heads up, Jenna.

I suppose It could have been worse if they would of turned around and said that I cant apply for anything because of my tattoo so its good news generally. Merch is best suited to me anyway to be honest as I have experience in retail having managed the gaming section of Virgin Megastore when they were in business and also other retail positions as well.

12. RoseannaL93

RoseannaL93 New Member

Hey!

I'm Roseanna and im applying to for the crp 2014! So nervous but so excited! :D

13. Gari14

Gari14 New Member

Hey Roseanna.

Good luck with your application for 2014. Hope everything works out for you.