ATTENTION ALL UK JAN 2011 CRP APPLICANTS

Discussion in 'Applicants Discussion' started by disney-dude, Nov 19, 2010.

1. VickyPul

VickyPul New Member

You can download whatsapp on blackberrys and iphones and message for free just like bbm :)

2. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I stand corrected...there is only one BBM though, anything else is a cheap copy :p #TeamBlackBerry

3. emmazb

emmazb New Member

would i be the only one with a HTC then?? haha

4. emmaecstatic

emmaecstatic New Member

Haha if i check them on my phone it's such a long process it's not worth it so i just wait until i can get on my laptop ;D

5. mpark90

mpark90 Member

So after praising my blackberry and having the simple life of all my e-mails being directly sent to my blackberry

it decided to break, the A button doesnt work, which is also the lock key, imagine text messages and e-mails without an A, very bad.

So i sent it away to be repaired.. 4-5weeks

so now im scared to check my e-mails, i have to do it.. on a laptop.. haha

6. peter_pan_uk

peter_pan_uk New Member

Ok,
    so I spoke with ***** at YJ and basically, in a manner of speaking re-applicants really shouldn't hold their breath!
    They arent concerned if you enjoyed it or what you can offer Disney, or if the managers liked you, or what you achieved or learnt.
    They wont even look at that. However they WILL use your RECORD CARD AGAINST you.
    Any notes, points, reps... even if you're lucky to slip through the net and make it as far as the interview - by the time it comes to checking you out on the system... you'll get the chop.
    The priority is to new applicants.
    Unless you can prove you are 10 x better for the job, (and i dont know how you can do that... )and more worthy then a new candidate; its pretty much game over.
    Start looking at other programs!

Im so disappointed.
    Why bother saying they are open to re-applicants if they aren't going to seriously consider us!?!
    I guess we'll see for sure in a few weeks.

7. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I dont think that is true - i know of 2 people who have/are doing the programme twice

yes it has been made very clear to us that being alumini doesnt mean anything other than them having tougher expectations of us and being a lot more clear in what they are looking for

i wouldnt be suprised if they checked the record cards - why wouldnt they? afterall if your already on the system then checking up on u to see if u have a poor attendece record or whatever makes sense - it's not that much different from when UK recruiters ask you how many days sickness u have had in the last 2 years (which incidently is now illegal thanks to the EU- cant ask u that until after a firm job offer has been received and accepted)

8. peter_pan_uk

peter_pan_uk New Member

Well I only know of 1 person who's been accepted to go back - but that person has had insider help, and it's all been kept hush hush! So i guess that doesn't really count.
    I really dont know how you can convince the recruiters that you are 10 times better for the job.
    Im getting really anxious. I would be really happy with a phone interview right now. That would show that they were at least CONSIDERING us.

My problem with them checking the record cards is that we are starting at a disadvantage.
    They claim they they will look at our applications as if we are first time candidates, however they dont! And what makes it very bitter is while they will consider the cons, they totally overlook the pros.
    Yes I may have an odd point here and there, but i also have GSF's up the ying yang. An Applause-o-gram. A personal reference from both my manager and area manager. But none of that is looked at.

its so hard to know what to do or say .

9. Epiphany_1988

Epiphany_1988 New Member

When i was on holiday in september last year there was a lad in the uk pavilion that had done the college program and was on his 2nd time of crp so they obv do take ppl on more than once :)

10. disneytastic

disneytastic New Member

I am from the previous round of applications for the crp (June) and I know atleast 4 peoplegot through who had previously done it. To start with it obviously affects you buy if you get through to the f2f then it's based purely on your availability and how you are in the actual interview,so there's abut of hope but I understand why you would be nervous x

11. pinkspideruk

also i did get a phone interview last round but i messed it up - cant put the blame for that anywhere but where it belongs which is on me :(

I dont think we know the same people who are doing it twice - one did it for the second time when i was there (even before they actually started letting people do it twice and yeah she prob did have a bit of help from the managers she knew from the first time round but then again she was an awesome cm as well) and the other person is someone who was there with me for the first time and is going out again i dunno about inside help for that i just think she interviews very well

they dont really check the records before offering phone interviews either cos i know of someone who got termed and got given a phone iterview and was then told on the phone oh sorry u have no rehire status u have to contact disney directly - even terms can get rehired if they can get a manager to change their status for them

also for other countries its common to do the programme more than once i know a few french people who are going out for a second time and also some norwegians and germans too

just do the best u can at interview and hope for the best - its all anyone can do

12. lovethemouse

lovethemouse New Member

unfortunately some people have had insider help to get through and its not really fair... but hey who wouldnt accept it if they got through!!?

i just wish everyone could go back!!! lol

13. Sarahhh

Sarahhh New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been reading this forum for agesss and finally decided to join and introduce myself! I'm 19 and currently studying Travel and Tourism Management at Thames Valley University, like many uni courses mine includes a years placement (in 2012)! When i applied for uni i was told that my university has connections with Disney and that I should be able to do my placement on the International College Programme (HA!) I decided to start applying in December last year for my placements, first stop: placement office and they told me that they "no longer have connections with Disney" *heart sank* biggest kick in the teeth EVER! so I decided to apply for the CRP

Like many of you Disney holds a special place in my heart, I practically grew up with disney and my reaction was even more ARGHHHHHHHHH than those children on the new disney adverts (If anyones seen it) when I found out i was going on holiday to WDW! My first ever "Girls" holiday was to WDW aswell

Anyway I'll stop boring you all now! but Goodluck

Sarah x

14. peter_pan_uk

peter_pan_uk New Member

I know alot of people return to work in WDW but most have done a CP or a different intern program, say at the Swan/Dolphin.
    To my knowledge I dont know anyone who has worked in F&B or Merch on the CRP to go back... till now. And as I said that one person i know had insider recruiter assistance. Nothing to do with managers.
    I have a written ref from my manager and Area manager there, who both tried to extend me but werent able to.
    So to a degree i dont think even they can help us.
    I know other pavilions allow reapplicants, purely because they dont get enough new interest.
    I know someone in Norway who went back 4 times. My roomie from Mexico starts in July for the 2nd time too.

I guess we are just going to have to ride it out and see.

SO, NO ONES HEARD FROM YJ YET RIGHT!?!?!??!?!!?!?!

15. Lilo-Clair

Lilo-Clair New Member

Hello, I applied January and I am still waiting just like all of you.

My name is Clair and i'm from Sheffield.

I'm getting really impatient along with you. I check my emails all the time, it's pretty neurotic really.

My sister did the program in 2006-07, working in merchandise. She had a great time out there and i visited her in commons twice while she was there. She even met her husband working for wdw, he was a f&b cast member in the Mexican pavilion. :)

Surely we should be hearing something soon...

16. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I dont understand that comment-people who get through, get through on merit, nothing less..........

17. pinkspideruk

hey lilo welcome to the boards :D some of us might have known your sis as we were there in 07 :)

18. Lilo-Clair

Lilo-Clair New Member

hey, my sisters name is caroline and her husband is Gualberto. they were both there from July 06- July 07.

19. pinkspideruk

i just missed them i was there aug 07 to aug 08 :) i know some others were there from june tme tho :)

20. disney-dude

disney-dude New Member

I have been in contact with yummy jobs about recruitment for next year and they said: "Many thanks for your email. We are still working to confirm the next recruitment season, but we would anticipate it to be later this year and will have more information on the Yummy Jobs website by August. Our next recruitment season would be for positions starting in mid to late 2012, with positions in May and later!"

quote from someone - so does this mean yummy aren't recruiting for a "longer period for us" as it is next year they are recruiting for, so that would be jan- april/may???