Attractions??

Discussion in 'Accepted/Current ICP Participants' started by Sarz, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Hi everyone!

I have found this forum so helpful in learning all about ICP! I have just been accepted and offered a role in Attractions! Just wondering if anyone can tell me what working in attractions is like??

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

It really depends on where you work! I did Attractions on the J1A program and worked at the Jungle Cruise. This is one of those attractions where you have to learn a spiel and you entertain guests (The Great Movie Ride and Kilomanjaro Safaris are also other examples) as well as greeting guests and many other 'dock' positions, such as assisting guests with disabilities, merging queues and taking Fastpass tickets.

Many attractions will require you to load/unload guests, shorten/expand queue lines, do Parade Audience Control (PAC) and press buttons hehe. In some rolls you'll be working at more than one attraction (Like in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland) and if you work in Toontown you may also work alongside Character Greeters.

Hope this helps a little bit! You'll get told all about where you're working during training.

3. Sarz

Sarz New Member

Thanks for that!

4. valoories

valoories New Member

I'm contracted to work for attractions too..! (july 17th) but im still confused about what 'work shoes' to bring.. what do you recommend ?

5. catfish278

catfish278 Member

Usually you can buy your shoes once you're out here. But normally it's either plain white sneakers, plain black shoes or walking boots...